Forum Member
    • May 2007

sweet

chalk one up for the democrats!

Comment

• tigers2007
      Forum Member
      • Mar 2007

Last edited by tigers2007; 04-17-2017, 07:25 PM.

Comment

• rix031
        Forum Member
        • May 2007

??

what do you mean by "live-in" academy? if you mean, do people live there while attending? of course. commuting from blaine, wa would be rough.

Comment

• tigers2007
          Forum Member
          • Mar 2007

Comment

• rix031
            Forum Member
            • May 2007

??

sorry to hit you with this again, but what do you mean my "full uniform and equipment?" im sure you dont mean a gun and badge before going to the academy, do you?

someone may give you a uniform so you dont have to use your civilian clothes while at the port, but you will not being given a gun and a badge.

Comment

• ArmouredSainT
              Defender of Brain Cells
              • Nov 2005

Anyone hear what the run times are in FLETC for cbpo? I'm hearing going to 15min but may go to 12.5 by winter?

Comment

• MisterSU
                Forum Member
                • Sep 2006

Thats interesting. While I'm all for physical fitness and being able to run, whats the point when all they do is make you run a desk/chair/seat ? 15 min seems average and reasonable. 12.5, not so sure. Unless of course, they will start making training transferable to other agencies.

Comment

• tigers2007
                  Forum Member
                  • Mar 2007

Comment

• CBP1895
                    Maximum Enforcement
                    • Sep 2005

Originally posted by MisterSU
                    Thats interesting. While I'm all for physical fitness and being able to run, whats the point when all they do is make you run a desk/chair/seat ? 15 min seems average and reasonable. 12.5, not so sure. Unless of course, they will start making training transferable to other agencies.
                    I work in a Seaport and half my day is out in the field popin containers on the dock, vessel searches (some vessels are the size of a city block), port security patrol, warehouse exams/inspections, crew inspections................etc. Bottom line is if you give it to one you give it to all. You can't take away 20 yr retirement from an NYPD cop because he has spent the last 5 rys behind a desk doing intelligence work. Keep in mind that the CBP officer in the booth can be transferred to an enforcement team at any moment. So you just went from your cozy little world to out in the field, no more safe enviorment.
                    I believe forgiveness is Gods function; my job is to simply arrange the meeting.

Comment

• MisterSU
                      Forum Member
                      • Sep 2006

Originally posted by CBP1895
                      I work in a Seaport and half my day is out in the field popin containers on the dock, vessel searches (some vessels are the size of a city block), port security patrol, warehouse exams/inspections, crew inspections................etc. Bottom line is if you give it to one you give it to all. You can't take away 20 yr retirement from an NYPD cop because he has spent the last 5 rys behind a desk doing intelligence work. Keep in mind that the CBP officer in the booth can be transferred to an enforcement team at any moment. So you just went from your cozy little world to out in the field, no more safe enviorment.
                      If more CBP officers did more of this and less booth, then I'd agree. But it seems like (from reading this thread and CBP forum) that most/just about all CBPs are in Airports or booths at a land border. If I were to apply to be a CBP and if the opportunity arose to do a seaport, I would be all over it. And not just because there is a lot more to do, but I love working around the water and boats. But from the sound of it, newbies all get sent to an airport and are lucky to see sunshine in under five years - and the horror stories I keep reading about administrators screwing people out of transfers is crazy.

Comment

• igneous
                        Forum Member
                        • Jan 2006

Yeah, it seems the most cbpos are basically tsa screeners with guns

Comment

• ArmouredSainT
                          Defender of Brain Cells
                          • Nov 2005

That's well paid tsa screeners with guns...

Comment

• barnaj
                            Forum Member
                            • Jan 2007

Originally posted by tigers2007
                            Well yes, by live-in I meant do they provide you room and board while at the academy? We have many police academies were I am that do not provide housing. You answered it though.

So this in-between time (time spent at the duty station before FLETC) that might happen to some new hires, are they given a full uniform and equipment?
                            im doin it right now bro. you just wear business casual unless you go to the range then you wear jeans. its not bad, your getting full pay and just do pre-academy stuff (videos, computer training courses, shadowing officers and of course help out around the port when needed).
                            hope this helps, good luck!

Comment

• barnaj
                              Forum Member
                              • Jan 2007

Originally posted by MisterSU

dont sweat it, 16.5 minutes.

Comment

• Ermantroudt
                                Forum Member
                                • Mar 2007

Originally posted by igneous
                                Yeah, it seems the most cbpos are basically tsa screeners with guns
                                Umm no...

Immigration Enforcement Training...
                                16 weeks of Fletc Training...
                                Enforce local, state and federal laws...
                                Fix Dept of State mistakes...

Comment

MR300x250 Tablet

Collapse

What's Going On

Collapse

There are currently 21232 users online. 62 members and 21170 guests.

Most users ever online was 185,715 at 05:04 PM on 12-04-2023.

Welcome Ad

Collapse
                                Working...