Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• xknuckles
    commented on 's reply
    ohhh so its like a little OJT, so I would be at JFK/EWR for two weeks and then shipped off to fletc

• Copcat1983
    replied
    19-2 announcement poly this month. Hope that helps those who are patiently waiting...

Leave a comment:

• Staerr
    commented on 's reply
    Okay, thank you!

• chipperjones
    commented on 's reply
    where are peoples stations? SYS I assume? hows it looking if someone wants LAX?

• Rmalard
    commented on 's reply
    True. I was at my port for 2 weeks now at fletc. PIV, pre academy online training, new employee paperwork, tour of port, shadow officers on the job.

• Rmalard
    replied
    I am at FLETC now. Few comments..No one in my class spent less than a year to get here..some two years, If your a vet and or Leo use that one to apply more options on port as well as other things and its worth the time! If you want a very well paid LEO job..The time it takes and the road blocks you hit suck Just keep going! Any questions just ask

Leave a comment:

• Evolution81
    commented on 's reply
    get used to it...thats normal for 98% of the process

• Jas423323
    commented on 's reply
    I EOD on 6/10 and start fletc 6/24 so I am at my port for only two weeks but I was told alway all we do is all the papaer work and get I PIV card and pre fletc training

• Hal29
    commented on 's reply
    Juveniles have the mindset of just that. They commit crimes just like adults but seem like they should be entitled and spoiled. The state of Texas is horrible for this. These are 16-19 year old kids. The state wants us to spoil them, treat them like 5 year olds. They get incentive days where they get games, food, incentives. They get recreation from 8am to 8pm. They are dangerous. If they assault you they are not held accountable because the prosecutor won't prosecute them. But if you try to restrain them they will fire you and even press charges on you. Saying excessive force. They don't even want us using o.c. spray anymore. It is dangerous for jco' s. This is all due to the new executive director and superintendent who are as liberal and wacky as they get. Which is crazy because gov. Abbot hired them. It is awful but it is a paycheck and need the insurance. County is not so bad but state is horrible and scary. These are murders, rapists, gang bangers and drug dealers and we can't do anything.

• Hopejoy
    commented on 's reply
    Is it because juveniles are more challenging than adults?

• fonzi7979
    commented on 's reply
    ontherunn 9 months not so bad you will probably be next for the poly I’m also looking to get the call for the poly as well hoping to get the call for JFK. Good luck to you I may see you at the academy if 19-2 announcement gets called for the poly soon

• xknuckles
    commented on 's reply
    Home base as in fletc or the base you picked?

• PATEL1990
    commented on 's reply
    Same here! 18-8 applicant and im nearing the one year mark. I have a recruiter who works at the port I applied to who is looking into it for me. Hopefully there is something she can do, but I'm just staying hopeful at this point. Being patient sucks, but its the only option I get to exercise!

• merlin436
    commented on 's reply
    Scheduling depends on the port. 8 hour shifts are standard. 10 and 12 hour shifts might be a possiblity...dependent on location. I have never seen a 16 hour scheduled shift.

Overtime availability depends on port. Overtime scheduling is also port specific...but basically no port could support a 16 hour, 7 days a week schedule...and if one could, soon enough that Officer would run afoul of th 45K premium pay cap and then be removed from that scheduling. Many ports are not all that heavy in overtime agency-wide.

Scheduling is also port specific. Most 8 hour shifts I would say run 6 on, 2 off with a three day weekend every 5th and 6th week...but as I said, it's all specific to the port.
    Last edited by merlin436; 05-18-2019, 04:36 PM.

• Camelbak
    commented on 's reply
    Pros: It's a job.
    Cons: Everything else.

I'm being facetious, well somewhat. Corrections is great experience. In my view, anyone who works in LE should have corrections experience. It'll help you greatly throughout your career. Just don't make a career out of it.

MR300x250 Tablet

Collapse

What's Going On

Collapse

There are currently 9792 users online. 421 members and 9371 guests.

Most users ever online was 19,482 at 11:44 AM on 09-29-2011.

Welcome Ad

Collapse
Working...
X