Collapse

300x250 Mobile

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• 108 days in TSU for WA-All Other. Do I get a dedicated table now? Maybe even a special chair or a reserved spot in the refrigerator?

Comment

• Originally posted by davidB. View Post
      You have a long, long wait.

Been in TSU since 5/12 and I'm nowhere near the front of the line.
      Where did you find out your position in line? Do they tell you exactly what place you are in?
      CBPO
      Written Exam:
      GEO Pref: LB/LAX
      NOR :
      VBT:
      Fitness/Medical:
      Drug Test:
      Contacted by BI:
      BI Completed:
      Referred to TSU: 3/5/09
      EOD:
      FLETC:

Comment

• Anyone in TSU from Southern Borders (Otay, San Ysidro), if so how long in TSU?

Comment

• Originally posted by cbpotx View Post
          Hey there everyone I had posted maybe 2mths back wanting information on anyone that took the exam back in Feb 2009. I got my NOR in Mar 2009 and havent received any calls or packet for my T.O. anyone out there have any info on the Laredo Area (that is the area I applied for). Any info is greatly appreciated.
          I am going to copy and past this from here on out:

1. Taking the exam and even getting a high score does not guarantee you an offer. You may wait a week, you may wait a year. You may never hear anything.

2. Mostly no TOs have gone out to the last group of testers. Early 08 is EOD/FLETC, late 08 is TO/TSU, early 09 is in limbo. No TOs will probably go out until after October.

Grab a beer and sit back and relax. 90% of everyone is dead in the water right now.
          CBPO East Texas
          TO: 3/3/09
          Pre-Emp Forms: 3/26/09
          Fitness: 4/6/09 -Passed
          Medical: 4/6/09 -Passed
          VBT: 4/7/09 -Passed
          Quals: (GS-7) 4/10/09 -Verified
          Drug Test: 4/17/09 -Passed
          BI: 8/27/09 -Cleared
          TSU: 8/27/09
          FCRA: 05/19/10
          BI Update: 6/16/10

Comment

• 62 days in TSU - Northern New York :/

Comment

• Originally posted by SDCBP View Post
              Anyone in TSU from Southern Borders (Otay, San Ysidro), if so how long in TSU?
              i was in TSU for el paso for like 2 and half days, then got then call i start monday
              "Some people spend an entire lifetime wondering if they made a difference. The Marines don't have that problem." President Ronald Reagan.

Comment

• Originally posted by seeOH View Post
                62 days in TSU - Northern New York :/
                tsu 71 days for buffalo,ny...
                CBPO

Comment

• 78 days for Illinois. Waiting to join the TSU Century Club. Only 22 more days to go... Can do that with my eyes closed.
                  Geo: Illinois
                  Test Score: 94
                  Quals: GS-7
                  T.O.: 8/7/2007
                  Referred to Schedule EOD

"Theirs not to make reply, Theirs not to reason why, Theirs but to do and die"

Comment

• Originally posted by cbpotx View Post
                    Hey there everyone I had posted maybe 2mths back wanting information on anyone that took the exam back in Feb 2009. I got my NOR in Mar 2009 and havent received any calls or packet for my T.O. anyone out there have any info on the Laredo Area (that is the area I applied for). Any info is greatly appreciated.

cb pot x.. our timelines are nearly identical, (no calls nor T.O. here as well)the only difference is for some reason, MHC keeps sending me NOR's with the same exact info after I contact them about changes to my file (ie; address and phone number)??

Why MHC does this I do not know?, I have NOR's for March, May, and June 09.. all contain the same info. I'm hoping it won't push my processing further back?

oh, and I'm in SoCal- S.W. Border area for my geo pref.
                    Timelines:

CBPO
                    App: 2/12/09
                    Geo: Revised; CA Long Beach, San Bernardino, L.A.
                    Written: 2/20/09
                    NOR: 3/2/09 (81 no vet pref.)
                    TO: ? (reached my 37th bday 9/09)

IEA
                    App: 5/5/09
                    Geo: San Diego
                    Written: 6/5/09 (75.8 no vet pref.)
                    NOR: 7/20/09
                    Faxed Documents: 7/7/09
                    TO: 10/6/09
                    Mailed Documents: 10/16/09
                    Oral Interview: 12/02/09 Passed

BPA
                    Geo: SW Border-El Centro/San Diego Area
                    App: 8/17/10
                    Written: 10/6 Passed (73 w/ no vet pref.)
                    TO: 11/10/10 (pre emp forms due 11/22)

Comment

• Ok guys...a question from the rookie here:

1. Let's say you get your EOD for a port that is no where near your home town (and you've got your kids there). You accept it; but you want to transfer....
                      a) You request a "swap" with another officer and Port Directors are informed
                      b) You request a hardship transfer
                      c) You request a lateral transfer

Which one is the best and which one of the three do you have the best shot at?

Comment

• If you accept a position you do so for a given location. You are on probation for 2 years from EOD and CBP will not allow for any transfers during that time. I'm from NJ, got hired at Washington Dulles in Virginia, 230 miles away.

People wait for years for NJ, announcement said 'many vacancies' for VA. Took me 4 months even from TO to EOD.

Good luck,
                        CBPO Timeline
                        Geo: Virginia and D.C. Test: 12/10/08
                        NOR: 12/20/08 (86%) TO: 02/02/09
                        Forms: 02/11/09 VBT: 02/25/09
                        Medical: 03/03/09 Fitness: 03/03/09
                        Drug Test: 03/12/09 Qualifications: 03/26/09
                        BI: 04/09/09 (my B-day gift!)
                        Met with Investigator: 04/15/09 TSU: 04/10/09
                        The Call: 05/01/09 10.30am
                        EOD: 06/01/09 -- Dulles Airport
                        FLETC: 07/01/09 -- Class 957
                        Graduation: 10/14/09

Comment

• Originally posted by AmahastPL View Post
                          If you accept a position you do so for a given location. You are on probation for 2 years from EOD and CBP will not allow for any transfers during that time. I'm from NJ, got hired at Washington Dulles in Virginia, 230 miles away.
                          This isn't entirely accurate. I've seen quite a few swaps within the area (same DFO different ports) for people who have been in less than a year. This is NOT the norm though, we just have good leadership where I am assigned. The same leadership disapproves swaps outside of their area routinely for rooks as well as vets.
                          But when a long train of abuses and usurpations, pursuing invariably the same object, evinces a design to reduce them under absolute Despotism, it is their right, it is their duty, to throw off such Government, and to provide new guards for their future security.

For the intelectually challenged: If the government screws the people enough, it is the right and responsibility of the people to revolt and form a new government.

Comment

• Originally posted by kc12 View Post
                            This isn't entirely accurate. I've seen quite a few swaps within the area (same DFO different ports) for people who have been in less than a year. This is NOT the norm though, we just have good leadership where I am assigned. The same leadership disapproves swaps outside of their area routinely for rooks as well as vets.
                            Yeah, but out of Dulles it takes an act of congress. Don't expect any transfers while on probation. That is extreamly rare. Even once off of probation it is difficult. It does seem a little easier if you are transfering within the same DFO. Dulles, easy to get in, not so easy to get out.
                            Don't tase me bro!!

Comment

• Originally posted by barnaj View Post
                              I'd wait. You're going to get one issued to you for free and your port may not have the policy in place.

It is not port policy. It is national policy. It is in connection with a greivence that CBP lost that has had unintended affects.

FB

Comment

• Originally posted by sap123 View Post
                                So some genius filed a grievance or something and they actually went for it, and now you guys can't practice off duty?

Unbelievable.

Actually the greivance itself had a lot of merit. It was about K9 Handlers having to groom, taken care of, transport thier dogs before and after thier shifts, since the dogs are kenneled and do not live at the handlers home, and not getting paid for that time.

FB

Comment

MR300x250 Tablet

Collapse

What's Going On

Collapse

There are currently 11070 users online. 381 members and 10689 guests.

Most users ever online was 19,482 at 12:44 PM on 09-29-2011.

Welcome Ad

Collapse
                                Working...
                                X