300x250 Mobile

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by cross.sandiego View Post
    EDIT: Let's just say It had something to do with some schmuck demanding extra- pay for training off-duty.
    So some genius filed a grievance or something and they actually went for it, and now you guys can't practice off duty?

Unbelievable.
    "Officer, you are kinda hot."

"And you are kinda intoxicated."

Comment

• Originally posted by merlin436 View Post
      Ex and Nordy have less than two years on the job and therefore are most likely still on probation. Considering that those on probation can pretty much be fired for any or no reason, it is rather foolish to risk losing the job over a trivial matter like shooting off-duty...

Just a thought...
      your right about that, it's not worth me getting fired for it.. they stated to us that there isn't extra ammo and as "cross" stated, i think it's a Socal thing ..

Comment

• I have a feeling that everyone who took the test in 09' (including myself) is in for a long wait. According to the posts, they are just getting around to eod's from the early 08' test. Here is suggestion, apply to the DOJ FBOP. Shorter wait time and the academy is only 3 weeks. Rack up your (6C) time now for retirement and other benefits while you are waiting for a CBPO position....

Comment

• Can anyone here tell me what a "NOPA" stands for, thanks..

Comment

• NOPA = Notice of Proposed Action
            CBP Officer:
            TO: 01/2009 (LAX/LGB)
            EOD: 05/23/2011

Comment

• Originally posted by yoda View Post
              Are You Serious?...
              You went from Test to Final Offer in 7 months!.... That is the timeframe they say it takes "6 months", dude I met my BI in Dec of 2007, replied to my NOPA in Oct. 2008... and I'm still waiting for my determination on that!!!...
              Consider yourself extremely lucky that you were fully processed in that SHORT amount of time, usually people in that timeframe go out with "interim" clearances, since you had to go through a NOPA you are CLEARED.
              Lucky You!
              I guess its rare. But i took my test in late aug 08 and hired in april. Training at Fletc at the moment.

Comment

• Originally posted by ExSDSO View Post
                Merlin Yoda or anyone enlighten me on the new OFO rules regarding shooting our duty weapon OFF DUTY for practice.

It seems like with out prior supervisor approval we are NOT to take our duty weapon to the range on off duty hours to practice and stay proficient?

Firearms guy down here said some guy thought he should get paid to shoot/practice off duty.....which I think is CRAP. It behooves us to practice as much as possible to stay proficient.
                Your port firearms staff is the one that you must recieve approval from, that is normally done when you are issued extra ammo and told to practice on your own. Some people have over read the FTTD guidance and policy regarding discharge of the duty firearm.

Policy says that ALL discharges of the duty firearm will be reported to supervisor, but makes exceptions for range.

If the range is a CBP Facility then it requires a member of the firearms staff, but use of the issue gun at another facility does not violate current policy. The fact that some of the officers are demanding OT for practice and weapons maintenance is the reason for this at your port.
                Life is what happens while you are waiting for something better to come along.

Comment

• Originally posted by nycmike87 View Post
                  I guess its rare. But i took my test in late aug 08 and hired in april. Training at Fletc at the moment.
                  How's it going?
                  CBPO
                  GEO - NY/JFK
                  TEST - 03/08 (NOR: 04/08)

TO - 01/09
                  PE Forms - Completed
                  Fitness - Completed
                  VBT - 03/09 - Completed
                  Drug Screen - Completed
                  Qual - 05/09 - Completed
                  B.I. - 05/09 - Completed
                  Medical - 05/09 - Completed
                  TSU

EOD: ???
                  FLETC: ???

Comment

• Two questions for when the call comes:

1) Do they always give you 24 hours to choose btw ports offered? Are you guaranteed a spot at one of those ports if you do take that time to decide or could one fill up in that timeframe?

2) If you are offered a port you don't want what happens if you turn it down and wait for another? After all this time waiting I don't see turning anything down but some of the smaller ports/areas are not appealing to my family.

Thanks in advance. And thanks for all the valuable info shared on this site.

Comment

• winner..... I believe they can give u a short amount of time to get back to them, but im also pretty sure if you turn down any ports offered you will then have to re-apply again. Im sure someone else will chime in..

Btw- I believe i have been referred to TSU
                      TSU since 07/10/2009

Comment

• If you're on the job, read the firearms policy.
                        If you're not on the job yet, wait until you get there and then read the policy.

There's a lot of dancing around the edges and outright misinterpretation of policy, especially firearms/off-duty policy, that makes it on this board. Don't believe everything just 'cause you've read it here.

Comment

• Originally posted by biggdawgdaddy View Post
                          Your port firearms staff is the one that you must recieve approval from, that is normally done when you are issued extra ammo and told to practice on your own. Some people have over read the FTTD guidance and policy regarding discharge of the duty firearm.

Policy says that ALL discharges of the duty firearm will be reported to supervisor, but makes exceptions for range.

If the range is a CBP Facility then it requires a member of the firearms staff, but use of the issue gun at another facility does not violate current policy. The fact that some of the officers are demanding OT for practice and weapons maintenance is the reason for this at your port.
                          It is amazing that some officers do not know the policy. I have read it before, (of course) but did not remember what it said about shooting at a range off duty. So I checked today, just a little click at the OTD tab, and lo and behold, there it was....Maybe the third page? Anyway, not to far into the policy, there it was.

Oh, and as far as limiting officers in their ability to carry, or shoot off duty....I do not know if local management can actually do that to an officer that is not under any diciplinary actions, or under investigation. That might be somewhere in left field.

Comment

• If I just got everything cleared on the CASS website (7/08/09), what is the timeframe to get into the academy. My geographical location is Southwest Texas (Del Rio, Eagle Pass, Roma, Pharr, Progresso, Rio Grande and Brownsville) and I initially took the exam on 8/5/08...also if someone can give me a "headsup" on what to expect at the academy...Thanks!
                            Last edited by roxyguerra1; 07-16-2009, 06:03 PM.

Comment

• Originally posted by johndeere455 View Post
                              I have a feeling that everyone who took the test in 09' (including myself) is in for a long wait. According to the posts, they are just getting around to eod's from the early 08' test. Here is suggestion, apply to the DOJ FBOP. Shorter wait time and the academy is only 3 weeks. Rack up your (6C) time now for retirement and other benefits while you are waiting for a CBPO position....
                              Yup, I'm right there with you. However the other Fed positions I have applied for seem to be moving right along. (*knock on wood*)

Comment

• Originally posted by roxyguerra1 View Post
                                I initially took the exam on 8/5/09
                                Fastest clearence yet! Scheduled to take the test in August and cleared already!

Just messing with ya.
                                CBPO East Texas
                                TO: 3/3/09
                                Pre-Emp Forms: 3/26/09
                                Fitness: 4/6/09 -Passed
                                Medical: 4/6/09 -Passed
                                VBT: 4/7/09 -Passed
                                Quals: (GS-7) 4/10/09 -Verified
                                Drug Test: 4/17/09 -Passed
                                BI: 8/27/09 -Cleared
                                TSU: 8/27/09
                                FCRA: 05/19/10
                                BI Update: 6/16/10

Comment

MR300x250 Tablet

Collapse

What's Going On

Collapse

There are currently 5256 users online. 232 members and 5024 guests.

Most users ever online was 19,482 at 11:44 AM on 09-29-2011.

Welcome Ad

Collapse
                                Working...
                                X