300x250 Mobile

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by ExSDSO View Post
    Merlin Yoda or anyone enlighten me on the new OFO rules regarding shooting our duty weapon OFF DUTY for practice.

It seems like with out prior supervisor approval we are NOT to take our duty weapon to the range on off duty hours to practice and stay proficient?

you are correct.. we can NOT shot our duty weapon off hours..

Comment

• Originally posted by nordy racer View Post
      And just for the sake of clarity, are they going to do forensic testing on everyones weapon and GSR on everyone's hands everyday to verify that they've practiced with HK off duty???

Just a thought...

Comment

• Originally posted by barnaj View Post
        And just for the sake of clarity, are they going to do forensic testing on everyones weapon and GSR on everyone's hands everyday to verify that they've practiced with HK off duty???

Just a thought...
        What in the world? What are we supposed to shoot after hours?
        CBPO
        GEO - NY/JFK
        TEST - 03/08 (NOR: 04/08)

TO - 01/09
        PE Forms - Completed
        Fitness - Completed
        VBT - 03/09 - Completed
        Drug Screen - Completed
        Qual - 05/09 - Completed
        B.I. - 05/09 - Completed
        Medical - 05/09 - Completed
        TSU

EOD: ???
        FLETC: ???

Comment

• Originally posted by nordy racer View Post
          Never heard of that before.

I shoot mine once in a while at the range, or on my property.

They also give out practice ammo if you ask for it..

Comment

• thats a load of lies. you cannot use your cbp issued duty ammo, unless qualling on the job. so buy a couple boxes and go to town. you can shoot your gun at a range at any time.

Comment

• What's the purpose of having a weapon on duty when you can't use it off duty.

Comment

• Originally posted by Don951 View Post
                What's the purpose of having a weapon on duty when you can't use it off duty.
                To save your life.

Its not a toy, or a prop.

You carry it because you are a LEO. A commissioned law enforcement officer.
                "From now until the end of the world, we and it shall be remembered. We few, we Band of Brothers. For he who sheds his blood with me shall be my brother." - William Shakespeare ("King Henry V")

Comment

Merlin Yoda or anyone enlighten me on the new OFO rules regarding shooting our duty weapon OFF DUTY for practice.

It seems like with out prior supervisor approval we are NOT to take our duty weapon to the range on off duty hours to practice and stay proficient?

Firearms guy down here said some guy thought he should get paid to shoot/practice off duty.....which I think is CRAP. It behooves us to practice as much as possible to stay proficient.

Talk to your FI's.

Sounds like local policy to me.

Comment

• Originally posted by barnaj View Post

Just a thought...
                    They might see somebody at the range.

Ex and Nordy have less than two years on the job and therefore are most likely still on probation. Considering that those on probation can pretty much be fired for any or no reason, it is rather foolish to risk losing the job over a trivial matter like shooting off-duty...

Just a thought...

Comment

Firearms guy down here said some guy thought he should get paid to shoot/practice off duty.....which I think is CRAP. It behooves us to practice as much as possible to stay proficient.

I need some clarification. Are you asking about carrying off duty, or staying sharp by going to the range to practice on your own time?
                      "Officer, you are kinda hot."

"And you are kinda intoxicated."

Comment

• Originally posted by merlin436 View Post
                        Talk to your FI's.

Sounds like local policy to me.
                        I bet it's the issue of ammunition or lack thereof.

Comment

• Originally posted by yoda View Post
                          Are You Serious?...
                          Consider yourself extremely lucky that you were fully processed in that SHORT amount of time, usually people in that timeframe go out with "interim" clearances, since you had to go through a NOPA you are CLEARED.
                          Lucky You!
                          Some go faster. Took written 16 Jan and EOD 9 Jul of the same year. That included getting additional NOPA med clearance from two different doctors (for LASIK and hearing loss). Even that seemed like an eternity. I feel y'alls pain. Things sure have slowed at MHC.
                          ========================================

sigpic

I feel the need - the need for speed.

Maverick and Goose, TOPGUN

Comment

... regarding shooting our duty weapon OFF DUTY for practice.

You have heard right- it's policy here in SoCal. Don't know about anywhere else. FI said if you want to train with the H&K, rent one at the local range. But I think his face did this ==> while he was saying it. Must've had something in his eye.
                            ========================================

sigpic

I feel the need - the need for speed.

Maverick and Goose, TOPGUN

Comment

• Originally posted by cross.sandiego View Post
                              You have heard right- it's policy here in SoCal. Don't know about anywhere else. FI said if you want to train with the H&K, rent one at the local range. But I think his face did this ==> while he was saying it. Must've had something in his eye.
                              Were you able to get the reason why this is?

I find this extremely fascinating.

Comment

• Originally posted by yoda View Post
                                Are You Serious?...
                                You went from Test to Final Offer in 7 months!.... That is the timeframe they say it takes "6 months", dude I met my BI in Dec of 2007, replied to my NOPA in Oct. 2008... and I'm still waiting for my determination on that!!!...
                                Consider yourself extremely lucky that you were fully processed in that SHORT amount of time, usually people in that timeframe go out with "interim" clearances, since you had to go through a NOPA you are CLEARED.
                                Lucky You!
                                Yes, I must have been lucky during my hiring process. Your time will come. Good luck!

Comment

MR300x250 Tablet

Collapse

What's Going On

Collapse

There are currently 12530 users online. 418 members and 12112 guests.

Most users ever online was 19,482 at 12:44 PM on 09-29-2011.

Welcome Ad

Collapse
                                Working...
                                X