300x250 Mobile

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by meskismcbp View Post
    Recieved letter saying I was found qual for GS-7....that doesnt make me a shoe in for it tho right??? Isn't based on how many GS-7 they're giving out for that particular post???
    If you've a current TO for a GS-07 position and have passed the GS-07 qualifications, you're a "shoe-in".

The GS-07 hangup involves:
    1: getting a TO
    and
    2: passing GS-07 quals

Probably the vast majority of people who ask for GS-07 slots eventually get one. The keyword being eventually. GS-05's are the default offer. GS-07's require an available slot...and enhanced qualifications. Waiting for a GS-07 slot and waiting for the adjudication of GS-07 qualifications typically takes more time than going with a GS-05. Sometimes...much more time.

Comment

• Originally posted by SDCBP View Post
      DUMB question but.........so what exactly could get you kicked out of FLETC?
      Ive read that if you don't run the 1.5 in 15min, if you score "C" or lower on tests, etc etc ?

Just to add-on from what Al said...

Ultimately, stupidity and laziness kill off most people.

FLETC is often a high-stress training environment. Even somewhat reasonable people start to go goofy quick while under stress. You need to think fast and to think smartly there. Learn the training and apply it. That's the key.

What probably ultimately kills off most people is injuries, big or small. Even little injuries wear you down and pull the rug out from under you...given enough time. A lot of people come to FLETC grossly out of shape and expecting the Academy to get them into "decent" condition. Then, because they weren't ready for it, they get hurt during the program. There is no time to heal there so nearly every injury you get stays with you for the length of the program. Eventually the injuries build up and you can no longer compete, adequately prepare for tests/exams/practicals or you start to do stupid things to compensate for injuries and...boom...ticket on the short bus home.
      The key there is to get to FLETC already in good shape. Being in good shape beforehand tends to avoid most FLETC injuries.

Comment

• Is the failure rate really only 2%?
        CBPO
        GEO - NY/JFK
        TEST - 03/08 (NOR: 04/08)

TO - 01/09
        PE Forms - Completed
        Fitness - Completed
        VBT - 03/09 - Completed
        Drug Screen - Completed
        Qual - 05/09 - Completed
        B.I. - 05/09 - Completed
        Medical - 05/09 - Completed
        TSU

EOD: ???
        FLETC: ???

Comment

• any Class #961 That Starts This July 23 People Out There?!?!?

CBPO
          * EXAM: 3/3/09
          * NOR: 3/9/09 (95%)
          * TO: MID APRIL
          * PRE-EMPLOYMENT FORMS: 4/16/09COMPLETED
          * MEDICAL/PHYSICAL: 5/1/09 COMPLETED
          * DRUG TEST: 5/14/09 COMPLETED
          * VBT: 6/15/09 :COMPLETED
          *QUALIFICATION: 5/28/09 (GS-7) COMPLETED
          *BI: 6/11/09 COMPLETED
          *!!THE CALL!!: 6/16/09
          *EOD: 6/29/09

*FLETC: CLASS 961 7/23 - 11/04

BPA
          *EXAM: 4/16/09 (86%)
          *TO: ???

ICE IEA
          *EXAM: 6/11/09 PASSED (Not interested anymore )

Comment

• You have been referred to the scheduling unit. Generally an applicant can expect to be contacted to schedule their entrance on duty and/or training in 30 - 60 days. Depending on an applicant's selected locations scheduling calls could be extended an additional 30 days or more.

EOD yes!!!

Comment

• I finally get my background started!!!

The last hurdle before sitting and waiting again!

Comment

• Originally posted by TuffStuffCBP View Post
                Is the failure rate really only 2%?
                Who told you 2%? Does that include just FLETC, or pre and post-academy as well?

Overall I would guess more towards 10%.

Comment

• I think we lost closer to 20% from my class. Two resigned for personal reasons. Two were injured, one in DT one lifting something. Two were lost from shooting. Four were lost due to academics.
                  But when a long train of abuses and usurpations, pursuing invariably the same object, evinces a design to reduce them under absolute Despotism, it is their right, it is their duty, to throw off such Government, and to provide new guards for their future security.

For the intelectually challenged: If the government screws the people enough, it is the right and responsibility of the people to revolt and form a new government.

Comment

• what does pre-academy consist of??
                    "Some people spend an entire lifetime wondering if they made a difference. The Marines don't have that problem." President Ronald Reagan.

Comment

• Mathematics

Academically at FLTEC, I don't recall and mention of math in the classroom.
                      Is math any part of the curriculum? Will I be dividing fractions? Exponential expressions or quadratic equations. Lord, I hope not cause I'd be D.O.A.
                      Le gra'sta De' a Theim.
                      Galic: By The Grace Of God Go I.

Comment

• Originally posted by Thek9 View Post
                        Academically at FLTEC, I don't recall and mention of math in the classroom.
                        Is math any part of the curriculum? Will I be dividing fractions? Exponential expressions or quadratic equations. Lord, I hope not cause I'd be D.O.A.
                        No math.

Comment

• Originally posted by kc12 View Post
                          I think we lost closer to 20% from my class. Two resigned for personal reasons. Two were injured, one in DT one lifting something. Two were lost from shooting. Four were lost due to academics.
                          I doubt that I would be out due to academics, and I was a pretty good shot in boy-scouts ;-). Even if a parent died I wouldn't quit, my parents would be dissapointed in me. My main concern is PT and that Defensive tactics that seems to take at least 1 person a class, like some sort of of tax. Apart from potentially getting hit by a car or having a medical emergency, I hope I am good for this.

Also, how realistic is it to fly from GA to NY 1 or 2 weekends a month?

And, What is the firearms advice for somebody who lives in NY. It is illegal to shoot a handgun on the Island unless you have a license which is pretty much unheard of unless you are a G-man or wealthy. I ripped the Second amendment out of my pocket Constitution and scratched out DC v Heller so that I wouldn't confuse my simple NY brain. I also put corks on the ends of every fork in the house. I wouldn't want to defend myself by accident.
                          Last edited by TuffStuffCBP; 07-11-2009, 10:52 AM.
                          CBPO
                          GEO - NY/JFK
                          TEST - 03/08 (NOR: 04/08)

TO - 01/09
                          PE Forms - Completed
                          Fitness - Completed
                          VBT - 03/09 - Completed
                          Drug Screen - Completed
                          Qual - 05/09 - Completed
                          B.I. - 05/09 - Completed
                          Medical - 05/09 - Completed
                          TSU

EOD: ???
                          FLETC: ???

Comment

• How can you failure to qualify on Firearms? I know the shooting range are 3,7,15,25.....but you get kicked out of you can't hit a target at that distance?
                            Also if so what are your targets like.....similar to shooting range targets (paper targets of a man)? The shooting weapon is a hk P2000 .40?

Comment

How can you failure to qualify on Firearms? I know the shooting range are 3,7,15,25.....but you get kicked out of you can't hit a target at that distance?
                              Also if so what are your targets like.....similar to shooting range targets (paper targets of a man)? The shooting weapon is a hk P2000 .40?
                              You have to score 210 out of 300. You can miss shots but you'll have to compensate by hitting the target in the 5 point area. They are paper targets with point areas of 3,4, and 5. You're shooting 60 rounds so do the math. Yes, that is the weapon.

Comment

How can you failure to qualify on Firearms? I know the shooting range are 3,7,15,25.....but you get kicked out of you can't hit a target at that distance?
                                The firearms instructors here are great and will get you through it. I had never really fired a gun before and scored 290.

Comment

MR300x250 Tablet

Collapse

What's Going On

Collapse

There are currently 9639 users online. 439 members and 9200 guests.

Most users ever online was 19,482 at 12:44 PM on 09-29-2011.

Welcome Ad

Collapse
                                Working...
                                X