Collapse

300x250 Mobile

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Ideally, what port of entry will your husband accept?
    TO: 4/09/09
    Background: Met with BI on 6/18/09
    TSU: 6/11/09

Comment

• To Iamlikeaninja:
      It looks like we are in a similar situation. About 1 year ago, I was offered a job at JFK (BI cleared, EOD of est. 6/08). I could not accept the offer at the time, so I reapplied in April for the JFK/nyc area. Since the BI and all other requirements were completed back in 08', does that shorten the time for processing? Or will the investigators have to complete another BI and interview all the same references again? I figure you may know have the answers since you had to reapply. thanks...

Comment

• Originally posted by johndeere455 View Post
        To Iamlikeaninja:
        It looks like we are in a similar situation. About 1 year ago, I was offered a job at JFK (BI cleared, EOD of est. 6/08). I could not accept the offer at the time, so I reapplied in April for the JFK/nyc area. Since the BI and all other requirements were completed back in 08', does that shorten the time for processing? Or will the investigators have to complete another BI and interview all the same references again? I figure you may know have the answers since you had to reapply. thanks...
        From what I understand once you get a new TO all your completed steps that haven't expired will transfer over. I think most stuff med/fit VBT etc. are good for 1 year. As far as your BI goes they may or may not ask you to update your info. Good luck and let us know when you get a new TO.

Comment

• Originally posted by JDNoble81 View Post
          I wouldn't.
          To each their own. IMO, being unemployed and applying for a FLEO job is not good, unless you've been laid off.

Comment

• Recieved letter saying I was found qual for GS-7....that doesnt make me a shoe in for it tho right??? Isn't based on how many GS-7 they're giving out for that particular post???

Comment

• Originally posted by Khue View Post
              Ideally, what port of entry will your husband accept?
              Ideally, Blaine would be best as he could commute on I-5, which isn't too far from where we live. Lynden or Sumas would also be doable. We live just south of Bellingham. I don't know if Bellingham has a port or not, perhaps a sea port??

Comment

• this might be a stupid question, but do you get paid while on pre-academy??
                "Some people spend an entire lifetime wondering if they made a difference. The Marines don't have that problem." President Ronald Reagan.

Comment

• Originally posted by mrst View Post
                  Ideally, Blaine would be best as he could commute on I-5, which isn't too far from where we live. Lynden or Sumas would also be doable. We live just south of Bellingham. I don't know if Bellingham has a port or not, perhaps a sea port??
                  Not sure if there is a port in Bellingham. I hope to be an asset for Blaine because I speak Vietnamese. So I am hoping for Blaine.

Comment

• If I am double posting, I apologize. I am a little confused about CASS. In CASS, it states I have met all requirements. Does this mean I am in TSU status or will it actual state TSU status on the CASS page?
                    CBPO:
                    Geo: East TX
                    TSU: 7/10/09

Comment

• It will change screen to TSU in the next couple days.

Comment

• Pay

Originally posted by soto2635 View Post
                        this might be a stupid question, but do you get paid while on pre-academy??

To answer your question, yes you do get paid while at pre-academy, as well while at FLETC. Even while at FLETC you get locality pay if your location falls under it. No where else do you get paid to learn and work out! Good luck you.
                        Last edited by genolrd; 07-10-2009, 05:42 PM. Reason: typo
                        *****CBP Officer*****
                        Hot South Texas

Comment

• Originally posted by mrst View Post
                          Bellingham has CBP, but few. I know a guy that was trying to go there for a long time.
                          Life is what happens while you are waiting for something better to come along.

Comment

• Originally posted by imlikeaninja View Post
                            From what I understand once you get a new TO all your completed steps that haven't expired will transfer over. I think most stuff med/fit VBT etc. are good for 1 year. As far as your BI goes they may or may not ask you to update your info. Good luck and let us know when you get a new TO.
                            Thanks for the reply. I will let you know of any updates. Good luck...

Comment

• DUMB question but.........so what exactly could get you kicked out of FLETC?
                              Ive read that if you don't run the 1.5 in 15min, if you score "C" or lower on tests, etc etc ?

Comment

• Originally posted by SDCBP View Post
                                DUMB question but.........so what exactly could get you kicked out of FLETC?
                                Ive read that if you don't run the 1.5 in 15min, if you score "C" or lower on tests, etc etc ?
                                Failure on the PEB
                                Failure to qualify on Firearms
                                Scoring below a 70% on an academic test
                                Doing something really stupid/illegal

Those are the main things that get people kicked out. All of the other practical exercises you have to be braindead to fail out on. I'm convinced that academy wise it's academics, PEB and firearms that are the only things they really wanna send anyone home over.

Comment

MR300x250 Tablet

Collapse

What's Going On

Collapse

There are currently 10777 users online. 520 members and 10257 guests.

Most users ever online was 19,482 at 11:44 AM on 09-29-2011.

Welcome Ad

Collapse
                                Working...
                                X