Collapse

300x250 Mobile

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• refresh so many times that the F5 key is broken and u had to replace it with a key from the keypad.

Comment

• Originally posted by merlin436 View Post
      There is any easy way to avoid the "TSA with a gun" crap.

Go work the southern border.

I doubt anyone working in Calexico, Laredo, et. al. can be honestly compared to TSA.
      def. im heading out next sunday to el paso for pre-academy
      "Some people spend an entire lifetime wondering if they made a difference. The Marines don't have that problem." President Ronald Reagan.

Comment

• Originally posted by CBPhOpeful View Post
        I was wondering what do cbpo's at airports do when flights aren't landing. I can't imagine international flights landing every 20 min. Just curious because I'm trying to work at Dulles IAD. Thanks in advance.
        eat. you'll either get no free time or tons.. depends on the shift and the day...

Comment

• Sorry bout that Did not mean to post here.
          Last edited by mamadawg; 07-09-2009, 09:47 PM.

Comment

I was wondering what do cbpo's at airports do when flights aren't landing. I can't imagine international flights landing every 20 min. Just curious because I'm trying to work at Dulles IAD. Thanks in advance.
            They drink coffee - there is a Starbucks right outside the Customs area. Coincidence? I bet you not.

But seriously; check the arrival table. From the early morning till noon there are perhaps 2-3 planes per hour. During the peak we have planes landing within minutes of each other, with almost 2000 paxes hitting the IAB (int’l arrivals building) every hour.

If you want to 'compare' airports go to http://apps.cbp.gov/awt/

You'll be able to pick location, time, and see the number of booths open, and passengers per hour, on average.
            CBPO Timeline
            Geo: Virginia and D.C. Test: 12/10/08
            NOR: 12/20/08 (86%) TO: 02/02/09
            Forms: 02/11/09 VBT: 02/25/09
            Medical: 03/03/09 Fitness: 03/03/09
            Drug Test: 03/12/09 Qualifications: 03/26/09
            BI: 04/09/09 (my B-day gift!)
            Met with Investigator: 04/15/09 TSU: 04/10/09
            The Call: 05/01/09 10.30am
            EOD: 06/01/09 -- Dulles Airport
            FLETC: 07/01/09 -- Class 957
            Graduation: 10/14/09

Comment

• I’ve seen a car in FLETC today with Alaska tags on it. It is about 4600 miles, or 10 days behind the wheel. That’s a dedication right there!
              CBPO Timeline
              Geo: Virginia and D.C. Test: 12/10/08
              NOR: 12/20/08 (86%) TO: 02/02/09
              Forms: 02/11/09 VBT: 02/25/09
              Medical: 03/03/09 Fitness: 03/03/09
              Drug Test: 03/12/09 Qualifications: 03/26/09
              BI: 04/09/09 (my B-day gift!)
              Met with Investigator: 04/15/09 TSU: 04/10/09
              The Call: 05/01/09 10.30am
              EOD: 06/01/09 -- Dulles Airport
              FLETC: 07/01/09 -- Class 957
              Graduation: 10/14/09

Comment

• Originally posted by AmahastPL View Post
                They drink coffee - there is a Starbucks right outside the Customs area. Coincidence? I bet you not.

But seriously; check the arrival table. From the early morning till noon there are perhaps 2-3 planes per hour. During the peak we have planes landing within minutes of each other, with almost 2000 paxes hitting the IAB (int’l arrivals building) every hour.

If you want to 'compare' airports go to http://apps.cbp.gov/awt/

You'll be able to pick location, time, and see the number of booths open, and passengers per hour, on average.
                Yup, and if you're workin during peak, pray you don't get primary. But being the new guy you will.
                Don't tase me bro!!

Comment

• Originally posted by imlikeaninja View Post
                  This one made me LOL.

10. How often have you visited the CASS system and/or the job status hotline for status updates?
                  Once per Month
                  Once per Week
                  Daily
                  Several Times a Day
                  Did Not Visit or Use

Please don't tell me I'm the only one who picked option 4.

NOPE! I right there with you!!

Comment

Most likely you'll get your meal in. You gotta eat when you get the chance, because when things start rollin, you'll be S.O.L. And you're right, during peak flights don't land every 20 min. They all land right on top of each other one after another.
                    Don't tase me bro!!

Comment

• What's the number to the status hotline? Thanks in advance.
                      CBPO:
                      Geo: East TX
                      TSU: 7/10/09

Comment

• Thanks amaha & qixfeet,
                        I have acquired so much information on this forum I feel as if I have already been working as a cbpo! Reading the convesations on here have made me feel at ease knowing that I am not alone & what to expect with the prelimenary steps & on the job. I appreciate it deeply. Aaaaah now if only I can get to TSU!
                        Written: 12-11-08
                        Medical: 3-28-09 Pending
                        B.I.: 5-21-09 pending

Comment

• 612-467-7040. Status hotline
                          Written: 12-11-08
                          Medical: 3-28-09 Pending
                          B.I.: 5-21-09 pending

Comment

• I hope that the e-mail and survey sent to us is a "sign" that they will start expediting the TO's and most especially the final offer to those who are in TSU.

Anyway, tomorrow is my PAT for the California Hwy Ptrl. It consists of a 500 yard run in 2 minutes or less, 100 yard sprint in 20 seconds or less, upper body strength test (shoulder, grip and arm strength), side step and trunk strength flexion test (whatever the heck it is). In comparison with the CBP fitness test, the ones for CHP looks more "challenging" to say the least.

My question is how do you compare the PT at the academy of Federal LEO and State Police recruits?
                            CBP Officer:
                            TO: 01/2009 (LAX/LGB)
                            EOD: 05/23/2011

Comment

• http://news.yahoo.com/s/nm/20090710/...udget_security

"The Senate measure provides $10.1 billion for customs and border protection, including $800 million for bolstering security along the U.S. border with Mexico, where drug and weapons trafficking has spiked and sparked growing concerns."

"The Senate voted 84-6 for the annual spending bill funding the Department of Homeland Security for the year starting October 1"

Comment

• Has anyone with a Geo pref of Illinois been contacted? I tested may 8th (93%) and I wondering how long until I get more info.

Comment

MR300x250 Tablet

Collapse

What's Going On

Collapse

There are currently 9989 users online. 304 members and 9685 guests.

Most users ever online was 19,482 at 12:44 PM on 09-29-2011.

Welcome Ad

Collapse
                                Working...
                                X