Leader

Collapse

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

CBP officer

Collapse

300x250 Mobile

Collapse
X
 
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
new posts

  • Originally posted by Don951 View Post
    The "TSA with a gun" mentality, comes from CBPO's who were prior TSA that work in an airport. IMO, a lot of the job duties of a CBPO that work in an airport is similar to a TSA officer. The big difference is at the end of the day, one is a FLEO and the other is not.
    The duties of a TSO and a CBPO in an airport are similar only in wearing a uniform and working for DHS. Anyone who says otherwise is either a pos CBPO or someone who doesn't know what they are talking about.

    Comment


    • Originally posted by robeans View Post
      The duties of a TSO and a CBPO in an airport are similar only in wearing a uniform and working for DHS. Anyone who says otherwise is either a pos CBPO or someone who doesn't know what they are talking about.
      So a CBPO doesn't perform bag searches, pat-downs, review id/passports, or operate an x-ray machine?

      Comment


      • Originally posted by Don951 View Post
        So a CBPO doesn't perform bag searches, pat-downs, review id/passports, or operate an x-ray machine?
        Zing, you got me.

        Comment


        • Originally posted by Don951 View Post
          So a CBPO doesn't perform bag searches, pat-downs, review id/passports, or operate an x-ray machine?
          Lol! You do realize the above statement could include USCP, SSUD, PFPA, or any agency with a protection oriented mission. None would be to happy if you compared their jobs to TSO.
          Don't tase me bro!!

          Comment


          • Originally posted by qixfeet View Post
            Lol! You do realize the above statement could include USCP, SSUD, PFPA, or any agency with a protection oriented mission. None would be to happy if you compared their jobs to TSO.
            Well, almost work time, gotta do like TSA and go board a ship full Russian Ex Cons and tell them, "no shore leave for you"!

            Comment


            • Originally posted by barnaj View Post
              First I'll say take whatever comes first. If you want more action go local PD. And if they use the e-qip system, when they make it accessible with your social, all your info will already be populated so you'll just have to keep clicking next and hit submit.
              barnaj i found the file i saved all my e-qip info on! woooo! lol

              thanks for the help dude

              Comment


              • Just received an email "Feedback Survey for Customs and Border Protection Candidates." Anyone else get the survey?
                Written: 12-11-08
                Medical: 3-28-09 Pending
                B.I.: 5-21-09 pending

                Comment


                • Anyone know if there will be openings anytime in the near future?

                  Comment


                  • Originally posted by CBPhOpeful View Post
                    Just received an email "Feedback Survey for Customs and Border Protection Candidates." Anyone else get the survey?
                    Yes i just got that as well. Have you been referred to TSU yet? Just curious if this is survey sent to EVERY applicant or if its a sign that were moving on in the process? I hope its the latter but that would be too much to hope for.

                    Comment


                    • Originally posted by 500pearl View Post
                      Anyone know if there will be openings anytime in the near future?
                      Im not sure but i thought you had an application in already?

                      Comment


                      • barnaj,
                        No, I haven't been refered to TSU yet, still waiting for my Med and BI to clear. Any idea how long it takes the medical to clear? I had to resubmit additional hearing tests and haven't heard anything yet. So tired of waiting =/
                        Written: 12-11-08
                        Medical: 3-28-09 Pending
                        B.I.: 5-21-09 pending

                        Comment


                        • Originally posted by CBPhOpeful View Post
                          barnaj,
                          No, I haven't been refered to TSU yet, still waiting for my Med and BI to clear. Any idea how long it takes the medical to clear? I had to resubmit additional hearing tests and haven't heard anything yet. So tired of waiting =/
                          Took mine about a week or two to clear in CASS. But if you walked out and the doc said "you should be good to go" or something like that, its just a matter of time.

                          Comment


                          • Originally posted by CBPhOpeful View Post
                            Just received an email "Feedback Survey for Customs and Border Protection Candidates." Anyone else get the survey?
                            Got the survey too.
                            CBPO
                            Written 08/08
                            TO 02/09
                            TSU 06/09
                            BI Expired 04/10
                            Polygraph 06/10--Passed
                            Met with 2nd BI--07/10
                            TSU 08/10

                            CBP BPA
                            Written 08/10
                            TO 09/10
                            TSU 11/10
                            THE CALL: 03/02/2011
                            FLETC: 04/04/2011--06/20/2011

                            Comment


                            • Originally posted by barnaj View Post
                              Yes i just got that as well. Have you been referred to TSU yet? Just curious if this is survey sent to EVERY applicant or if its a sign that were moving on in the process? I hope its the latter but that would be too much to hope for.
                              Sorry to inform you but no. I'm not in TSU and got one.

                              Comment


                              • Originally posted by rbakous1 View Post
                                Sorry to inform you but no. I'm not in TSU and got one.
                                Yeah well the way it was worded about being selected to move on in the process made me wonder. Nothing like taking your time, i only got my t.o. 11 months ago.

                                Comment

                                MR300x250 Tablet

                                Collapse

                                What's Going On

                                Collapse

                                There are currently 5264 users online. 200 members and 5064 guests.

                                Most users ever online was 19,482 at 12:44 PM on 09-29-2011.

                                Welcome Ad

                                Collapse
                                Working...
                                X