Leader

Collapse

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

CBP officer

Collapse

300x250 Mobile

Collapse
X
 
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
new posts

  • Originally posted by UofU76 View Post
    It's unfortunate, but the comparison is going to made over and over again by people. The worst part is the “TSA with a gun” comments I have heard came from CBPO’s.
    As I said earlier, there are 20000+ current CBPOs.
    There are also several thousand former CBPOs, IIs and CIs.

    There is bound to be some of us in ports and/or positions and/or locations where CBP does not meet an Officer's expectations and/or wants. Not everybody is going to be happy doing what the job requires of them...or living where ports typically are., Some folks are just better suited at being elsewhere and/or in a different job.
    Last edited by merlin436; 07-08-2009, 02:52 PM. Reason: spelling

    Comment


    • Just received another emailed NOR saying my elegibility was extended from March to June 2010 due to "CBP agency needs"...


      anyone else get the email?
      Timelines:

      CBPO
      App: 2/12/09
      Geo: Revised; CA Long Beach, San Bernardino, L.A.
      Written: 2/20/09
      NOR: 3/2/09 (81 no vet pref.)
      TO: ? (reached my 37th bday 9/09)

      IEA
      App: 5/5/09
      Geo: San Diego
      Written: 6/5/09 (75.8 no vet pref.)
      NOR: 7/20/09
      Faxed Documents: 7/7/09
      TO: 10/6/09
      Mailed Documents: 10/16/09
      Oral Interview: 12/02/09 Passed

      BPA
      Geo: SW Border-El Centro/San Diego Area
      App: 8/17/10
      Written: 10/6 Passed (73 w/ no vet pref.)
      TO: 11/10/10 (pre emp forms due 11/22)

      Comment


      • Originally posted by DCH View Post
        Just received another emailed NOR saying my elegibility was extended from March to June 2010 due to "CBP agency needs"...


        anyone else get the email?
        I got one like that monday. I hope it means TO's are on the way.

        Comment


        • Originally posted by soto2635 View Post
          nothing can be worse than TSA
          I'd take TSA over being unemployed during a recession...

          Comment


          • Did anyone here recieve their NOR for the NYC, JFK areas.

            Comment


            • i did about a month ago

              Comment


              • Originally posted by UofU76 View Post
                It's unfortunate, but the comparison is going to made over and over again by people. The worst part is the “TSA with a gun” comments I have heard came from CBPO’s.
                The "TSA with a gun" mentality, comes from CBPO's who were prior TSA that work in an airport. IMO, a lot of the job duties of a CBPO that work in an airport is similar to a TSA officer. The big difference is at the end of the day, one is a FLEO and the other is not.

                Comment


                • Originally posted by johndeere455 View Post
                  Did anyone here recieve their NOR for the NYC, JFK areas.
                  I got one right after I reapplied in april and just got emailed another one on monday.

                  Comment


                  • Originally posted by Don951 View Post
                    I'd take TSA over being unemployed during a recession...
                    amen

                    Comment


                    • Job Satisfaction

                      I came across this quite a while ago. The thing I don't like about it is that it does not specify each individual sub-group's (CBP, CIS, TSA...) rating in the DHS scheme (although I feel like I've seen one including this as well), for whatever its worth:

                      Homeland Security employees rank last in job satisfaction surveyThursday, February 08, 2007 | 8:08 PM February 8, 2007 -- The President's visit today was the first time in three-and-a-half years he's been to the Homeland Security headquarters, a place whose own employees describe it as the worst place in the federal government to work.

                      In his meeting this afternoon with top officials, President Bush said he was very proud of the hard work of the men and women at Homeland Security.
                      But the results of the federal government's own survey of employee morale paints a different picture.

                      Of the 36 agencies surveyed, Homeland Security employees rated theirs as last: 36th in job satisfaction, 35th on leadership and 36th on results-oriented performance.

                      http://abclocal.go.com/wls/story?sec...rld&id=5017688
                      CBPO:
                      EXAM: 8/08
                      NOR: 9/9/08 - 98
                      T.O.: 2/2/09
                      GEO - E. TX
                      Forms - 2/6/09
                      Quals - 4/13/09
                      Med - 2/27/09 Clr 4/10/09
                      VBT - 3/10/09 Clr 4/6/09
                      UDS - 6/24/09
                      BI - Met w. B.I. 4/12/09 clr 7/2/09
                      Fitness - 3/9/09
                      TSU - 7/2/09
                      ___________________

                      Law Enforcement Specialist (ICE)
                      GEO: VT
                      NOR: 99 (GS-11)
                      T.O.: 10/28/09
                      B.I.: clr 3/12/10
                      E.O.D.: 4/11/2010!!!

                      Comment


                      • Got to get through the process with newton first.
                        Keep both options open, if all was equal i'd take newton PD.
                        High tax rate, group 4 very inviting. Hiriing in this economy is very sketchy with a town, keep both options wide open

                        Comment


                        • Originally posted by emerlad View Post
                          Got to get through the process with newton first.
                          Keep both options open, if all was equal i'd take newton PD.
                          High tax rate, group 4 very inviting. Hiriing in this economy is very sketchy with a town, keep both options wide open
                          newton is a city, but yes first come first serve in this field and economy

                          Comment


                          • Originally posted by bhov97 View Post
                            Just received a card in the mail asking me to report to Newton, MA Police (my hometown) from my score off the 2007 Civil service exam, they are hiring 6 permanent full time officers.

                            Went in yesterday got all the paperwork and will be filling it out and gathering all my stuff for it this week, that's why I asked to see if I could get my info from e-qip, but oh well just gotta start from scratch...

                            I also have to re-do the fitness portion for CBPO this month as well. I have been in TSU since 11/14/2008

                            July should be one hell of a month for me lol

                            First come first served, I always say.

                            What do u you guys think CBPO or Local PD???

                            Comment


                            • Originally posted by bhov97 View Post
                              Just received a card in the mail asking me to report to Newton, MA Police (my hometown) from my score off the 2007 Civil service exam, they are hiring 6 permanent full time officers.

                              Went in yesterday got all the paperwork and will be filling it out and gathering all my stuff for it this week, that's why I asked to see if I could get my info from e-qip, but oh well just gotta start from scratch...

                              I also have to re-do the fitness portion for CBPO this month as well. I have been in TSU since 11/14/2008

                              July should be one hell of a month for me lol

                              First come first served, I always say.

                              What do u you guys think CBPO or Local PD???
                              First I'll say take whatever comes first. If you want more action go local PD. And if they use the e-qip system, when they make it accessible with your social, all your info will already be populated so you'll just have to keep clicking next and hit submit.

                              Comment


                              • Update, got a call from MHC, saying that all i needed was one more form to fax in and then they could send me to TSU. Everything apparently is close to being done on the prelim side, Ill keep you guys posted.

                                For my question though, When they give you the "call" with their desired location- and you accept, you then go to "pre-academy" for a month, is that correct? At that time im guessing most of you looked for a place to live or did you stay at a ranky type place that rents by the week? Im just wondering if as soon as i get called i need to find a place or apt that i would be staying at while working at the location as soon as i find out where im going to be at? What did you guys end up doing?
                                TSU since 07/10/2009

                                Comment

                                MR300x250 Tablet

                                Collapse

                                What's Going On

                                Collapse

                                There are currently 9528 users online. 365 members and 9163 guests.

                                Most users ever online was 19,482 at 12:44 PM on 09-29-2011.

                                Welcome Ad

                                Collapse
                                Working...
                                X