X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by Thek9 View Post
    PL07,

• Sit and Reach – 12.5 inches

Sounds simple. But what do they mean and how many?
    I think that is one of the easiest requirements of them all.
    You sit down with your feet in front of you and reach for you toes. Usually they let you do it once and then only count your 2nd reach and you can always go further the 2nd time. Not that I know how they will do it at FLETC
    CBPO
    Test: July 2008
    TO: 12/26/08
    VBT 1/21/09-passed
    Medical - 1/21/09 - cleared 4/28
    Fitness - 1/21/09 - passed
    Drug test - 2/5/09- passed
    BI - Cleared
    TSU -4/29/09 (Buffalo)
    BI2 - cleared 8/11

ICE Special Agent
    Test 7/22/09 passed

Comment

• Yeah it will be like that with a ruler in front of you. You reach with ur legs straight as far out as possible. 12.5 inches is not hard. Anyone who is flexible can do it.
      Last edited by PL07; 07-07-2009, 04:14 PM.

Comment

• I've been told by those who got hired by CBP that it's like "TSA w/ a gun". Is this true? I really hope not. CBP seems like a big step up from TSA.

Comment

• Originally posted by Don951 View Post
          I've been told by those who got hired by CBP that it's like "TSA w/ a gun". Is this true? I really hope not. CBP seems like a big step up from TSA.
          Are you SERIOUSLY asking this question?
          CBPO
          Written: 08/29/2007
          EOD: July 11, 2011

Comment

• Originally posted by yoda View Post
            Are you SERIOUSLY asking this question?
            This has to be a joke Yoda. Lol

Comment

• i head out to pre-academy and fletc here in a week or so any tips?? also does anyone here have the # for the TSU? i have to ask them a question and i had the # but i lost it does anyone have it??
              Last edited by soto2635; 07-07-2009, 07:50 PM.
              "Some people spend an entire lifetime wondering if they made a difference. The Marines don't have that problem." President Ronald Reagan.

Comment

• Originally posted by Don951 View Post
                I've been told by those who got hired by CBP that it's like "TSA w/ a gun". Is this true? I really hope not. CBP seems like a big step up from TSA.

not too far from the truth....

Comment

• Wa

Originally posted by Khue View Post
                  Anyone in TSU for Washington State?
                  are you wa state all others or wa norhtern border?

i'm wa all others, tsu since 03/05

Comment

• Originally posted by Wrangler81 View Post
                    not too far from the truth....
                    someone said those same exact words to me...
                    CBP florida

Comment

• Originally posted by soto2635 View Post
                      i head out to pre-academy and fletc here in a week or so any tips?? also does anyone here have the # for the TSU? i have to ask them a question and i had the # but i lost it does anyone have it??
                      ANYONE??
                      "Some people spend an entire lifetime wondering if they made a difference. The Marines don't have that problem." President Ronald Reagan.

Comment

• Originally posted by soto2635 View Post
                        i head out to pre-academy and fletc here in a week or so any tips?? also does anyone here have the # for the TSU? i have to ask them a question and i had the # but i lost it does anyone have it??
                        The number for TSU is (612) 467-7017.

I'm in my final week of pre-academy up here in Raymond, MT. The first week or so you have stuff to do, with paperwork and virtual learning. After that I've just been shadowing officers which has been interesting, but I'd much rather be at FLETC getting some hands on experience. Its really helped that the workforce up here is awesome and its a great atmosphere. I suggest once you get done with your stuff you learn as much as possible from the officers. It at least makes the time go by a lot faster.
                        CBPO
                        GEO-Montana
                        TEST- 12/08
                        NOR- 1/09 (91 no vet)
                        TO-1/09
                        Med/Fit- 5/09
                        B.I. 3/09
                        VBT-3/09
                        Quals(GS-7)-3/09
                        Referred to TSU-5/22/09
                        EOD-6/22/09
                        FLETC-7/16/09-10/28/09

Comment

• I was wondering if someone could point me in the right direction please. I was wondering if anyone had the link to the e-quip site?(you know the info u provide to your BI) Is there way I could print another copy of it?
                          TIA
                          -B

Comment

• Originally Posted by Don951

A friend of mine who in the past worked for TSA and now works as a CBPO for SF/OAK calls CBP "TSA with a gun". He works at SFO and says all he does is sit in a booth and process people all day. He actually said time went by faster working for TSA because they rotated more often. He also claims that everything he learned in FLETC was a waste. Overall, he said he likes working for CBP more than TSA which was the one thing positive I pulled out of our conversation. He is not disgruntled yet, but I could see that changing.
                            Last edited by UofU76; 07-08-2009, 01:59 AM.

Comment

• double post

Comment

• Originally posted by UofU76 View Post
                                Originally Posted by Don951

A friend of mine who in the past worked for TSA and now works as a CBPO for SF/OAK calls CBP "TSA with a gun". He works at SFO and says all he does is sit in a booth and process people all day. He actually said time went by faster working for TSA because they rotated more often. He also claims that everything he learned in FLETC was a waste. Overall, he said he likes working for CBP more than TSA which was the one thing positive I pulled out of our conversation. He is not disgruntled yet, but I could see that changing.
                                Maybe you should reconsider your plans then...

You should believe what your friend tells you, no?

Comment

MR300x250 Tablet

Collapse

What's Going On

Collapse

There are currently 12220 users online. 477 members and 11743 guests.

Most users ever online was 19,482 at 12:44 PM on 09-29-2011.

Welcome Ad

Collapse
                                Working...
                                X