Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by Tarheel1 View Post
    same as you bro, when did you test?
    I took the written in November 07. Then everything started happening in Feb, bam bam bam. Now silence.......

Comment

• Originally posted by cjrudy View Post
      The way understand it, you only need a TO bfore July, if your over 37 years old.
      I've heard that from some reliable people...I've also heard 37+abovers will need to EOD before "enhanced CBPO retirement coverage" becomes effective.

Personally, I haven't seen anything where DHS/OPM has made up their minds over it. I'd take any talk about what to do with the over 37 crowd at this point as speculation and not fact.

Comment

• Anyone know where or when i can get the results for my exam? I took the exam March 8th 2008 in NYC. About 2 weeks later my place burnt down. I cant often check my mail as often as I would like, so does anyone know if there is a website or something that i can get my results. The paper where i wrote my answers down was taken by the fire as well, so that is out of the question. Thanks in advance for the responses.

Comment

• Originally posted by Chainsaw_chew View Post
          Anyone know where or when i can get the results for my exam? I took the exam March 8th 2008 in NYC. About 2 weeks later my place burnt down. I cant often check my mail as often as I would like, so does anyone know if there is a website or something that i can get my results. The paper where i wrote my answers down was taken by the fire as well, so that is out of the question. Thanks in advance for the responses.
          go to applicationmanager.org and register with the site. If you received your NOR (which you should have because I took the test on 3/15 and got mine a few days ago) then there should be a link to click and it will give you your score. Sorry to hear about fire..good luck with everything.

Comment

• I was looking on the CBP website a few weeks ago and I thought I saw that some CBPOs were issued smooth leather gear while others were issued the "basket weave" style gear. What are current CBPOs issued? And what are they actually issued i.e. belt, holster, cuff case etc... and finally, is it up to the officer to set their belt up the way they want and to add/remove certain pieces of gear or is there a policy that mandates certain things.

Comment

• Originally posted by merlin436 View Post
              I've heard that from some reliable people...I've also heard 37+abovers will need to EOD before "enhanced CBPO retirement coverage" becomes effective.

Personally, I haven't seen anything where DHS/OPM has made up their minds over it. I'd take any talk about what to do with the over 37 crowd at this point as speculation and not fact.
              It is official - this is taken directly from the HRM intranet: "All individuals who are first employed as CBPOs on or after July 6, 2008 will be subject to mandatory retirement at age 57 with 20 years of service."

In other words, if hired on or after July 6, you will need to have 20 years in by the age of 57 - which means being 37 years of age on your hire date.

And: "Q: What is the maximum entry age?
              A: The maximum entry age for all CBPOs hired after 07/06/08 is 37."

Hired is defined as having an EoD date set.

Comment

• I heard it was TO before 7.6.08, which makes a whole lot more sense. I am over 37 and say I recieve my TO within the next month. Why would they start the process, interviews, medical, drug test etc., waste all that time and money, knowing full well that I may not have an EOD by 7.6.08.

Comment

• Originally posted by cjrudy View Post
                  I heard it was TO before 7.6.08, which makes a whole lot more sense. I am over 37 and say I recieve my TO within the next month. Why would they start the process, interviews, medical, drug test etc., waste all that time and money, knowing full well that I may not have an EOD by 7.6.08.
                  You are right - but only after a certain date. If you get a TO today, the hope is that you will finish the pre-employment process and be scheduled prior to 7/6. But at a certain point they will not select you as it will be impossible to finish your pre-employment by 7/6 (no one over 37 will be offered a TO if their name comes up on 7/1, even if they applied/tested last week). If you recieve a packet today, then you will hopefully finish in time, but if not, then you won't be able to be brought on.

Remember that a TO is not a firm offer of employment and in no way means you have been hired - you have just been selected to go through the pre-employment process and if you pass, THEN you will be scheduled for hire. Basically, a slot in the location you indicated has opened up, and they have reached your name on the ranking list. The new rules specifically state that you must be HIRED by 7/6.

I do agree that it is a waste of money to go through the entire pre-employment (or even some of it) with a candidate who won't meet the age, but then again, this is the government we're talking about!!

Comment

• Originally posted by vsgonzo
                    ...I can't see much a difference with CBP except better uniforms and a gun...
                    Careful. You might **** a few people off with that comment.

Comment

• Originally posted by qixfeet View Post
                      Yup.
                      SWEET! do you know which variant it is?

Comment

• Hello everyone
                        Got the call….. finally
                        The call that I didn’t want.
                        After almost 9 months later Internal affairs called to ask if I wanted to withdraw my application. Don’t mean to be an *** hole but what the F u ck.
                        I have spent about 2000 dollars, not including my time and patients.
                        I have put my family at a standstill while putting in 110% of my heart and sole into it.
                        I don’t want to bad mouth the government or discourage anyone from this process. It’s a great career with many benefits and opportunities. I applaud all of you that have the job and the rest of you that are trying your best to get it. Wish all of you well.
                        Unfortunately I was stupid for a second in my life 3 years 2 months 1week 2days 8hours 12minutes ago. This incident is preventing me from setting my life in order.
                        I was punished once the incident occurred and from that day on every time I want to get ahead in life.
                        Well good luck to all hope all of you get the job and none of you have to go through what I had to go through and not get it. It a very low point in my life right now and it doesn’t look like it going to get better any time soon.

Sorry for the depressing new but that’s all I’ve got….

Comment

• Originally posted by Levine1212 View Post
                          It is official - this is taken directly from the HRM intranet: "All individuals who are first employed as CBPOs on or after July 6, 2008 will be subject to mandatory retirement at age 57 with 20 years of service."

In other words, if hired on or after July 6, you will need to have 20 years in by the age of 57 - which means being 37 years of age on your hire date.

And: "Q: What is the maximum entry age?
                          A: The maximum entry age for all CBPOs hired after 07/06/08 is 37."

Hired is defined as having an EoD date set.
                          O.K. Interesting. I hadn't seen that. It appears you are correct.

Just to stir the pot a bit....

If that's where they're at today, who knows what they'll be going with come July. They only need to toss that approach and write up one grandfathering in those with conditional offers.
                          Sh***am...everyone with a TO is now back in the mix.

Comment

• Originally posted by Kingcol View Post
                            I took the written in November 07. Then everything started happening in Feb, bam bam bam. Now silence.......
                            I also took the test in Nov. and did everything in Feb. I have not heard from an investigator yet either. Thought I would've by now since they have an urgent need for CBPO's in WA. Holler if you hear from a BI. Ill do the same.
                            Also, are your Quals completed?
                            Last edited by Tarheel1; 04-05-2008, 04:47 PM.
                            CBPO
                            Test-11/07, T.O. 1/08 (WA)
                            Med/Fit-completed 1/08
                            Forms/Drug/VBT-completed 2/08
                            Quals-completed 6/08
                            BI-completed 8/08
                            Referred to Schedule EOD 8/15/08

The Call-9/29/08
                            Start-10/14/08
                            FLETC-11/13/08

CBPI-911

Comment

• Originally posted by CAPONE__AZ85 View Post
                              Hello everyone
                              Got the call….. finally
                              The call that I didn’t want.
                              After almost 9 months later Internal affairs called to ask if I wanted to withdraw my application. Don’t mean to be an *** hole but what the F u ck.
                              I have spent about 2000 dollars, not including my time and patients.
                              I have put my family at a standstill while putting in 110% of my heart and sole into it.
                              I don’t want to bad mouth the government or discourage anyone from this process. It’s a great career with many benefits and opportunities. I applaud all of you that have the job and the rest of you that are trying your best to get it. Wish all of you well.
                              Unfortunately I was stupid for a second in my life 3 years 2 months 1week 2days 8hours 12minutes ago. This incident is preventing me from setting my life in order.
                              I was punished once the incident occurred and from that day on every time I want to get ahead in life.
                              Well good luck to all hope all of you get the job and none of you have to go through what I had to go through and not get it. It a very low point in my life right now and it doesn’t look like it going to get better any time soon.

Sorry for the depressing new but that’s all I’ve got….
                              Hey man, its not the end of the world. There are plenty of employment opportunities out there. I can understand how uncomfortable it must be telling your family what happened, but if they care about you it won't matter.

Just remember when one door closes and it looks like hell, another one with open....

Comment

• dont worry I heard my plenty of no's before I heard a yes.

Comment

MR300x250 Tablet

Collapse

What's Going On

Collapse

There are currently 10544 users online. 411 members and 10133 guests.

Most users ever online was 19,482 at 12:44 PM on 09-29-2011.

Welcome Ad

Collapse
                                Working...
                                X