Collapse

300x250 Mobile

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• After 7 months is it safe to assume that I have an actual clear BI and not just an interm clearance?

I know, I know assume nothing until you have the badge in hand but seriously is it more than likely that I am fully cleared?

Comment

• Originally posted by DirtStyx View Post
      Must be a Michigan postal warp of some type. I shipped out my NOPA on 6/26 with an expected arrival of 6/29. Here it is 7/7 and it's last known location was Romulus. I called my IA to see if it arrived and she must be taking a long 4th of July weekend because she hasn't called back yet. I would hope that if our packages didn't arrive there, we would be able to fax them our receipts showing the date we had it in the mail and then ship them out a new one. I guess it depends on our individual IAs. Do you have his/her phone number? Mine didn't give me hers initially. I wrote her a letter asking for it or an email address. She sent the phone number only. Good luck
      They aren't very customer service orientated over at IA. I had to send some things in and never heard from anyone and my receipt confirmation never arrived. Must be another Michigan post office disappearing act. Anyway it took an email to someone, just to get my persons email, then mailed her twice just to finally hear they recieved it and my case was sent for final review back in May. Basically you'll have just as much success crossing your fingers or rubbing a rabbitts foot!
      Last edited by barnaj; 07-07-2009, 10:04 AM.

Comment

• Originally posted by imlikeaninja View Post
        After 7 months is it safe to assume that I have an actual clear BI and not just an interm clearance?

I know, I know assume nothing until you have the badge in hand but seriously is it more than likely that I am fully cleared?
        MHC will know. Just ask them. Once they get a thumbs up from IA they will be informed of whether its on a waiver (interim) or fully cleared. Now, getting a cooperative rep is kind of a crap shoot as most of us know.

Comment

• AmahastPL

New physical program goes into effect for all classes starting on or after 10/01. Happy running!.....................

What do you mean ? Hows it different from the one your doing now?

Comment

• Originally posted by SDCBP View Post
            AmahastPL

New physical program goes into effect for all classes starting on or after 10/01. Happy running!.....................

What do you mean ? Hows it different from the one your doing now?
            As of 10/01/09 the runtime will be dropped to 14 min or 14.30. The academy is going to get tougher physically. The goal is to put CBP on par with the other uniformed LEO programs at FLETC. We currently are not. The way things are now your PT and DT experience will vary depending on your instructor.
            Don't tase me bro!!

Comment

• Originally posted by AmahastPL View Post
              FLETC PEB

Today we had our PEB (Physical Efficiency Battery) down here at FLETC. The test consisted of 4 elements: first one was bench press test – basically how much one can do, then was an agility run – few cones, back and forth, nothing special; then was the flexibility test – you are to sit down on the floor, put your legs together and flat on the ground and press a small metal handle as far as possible with both hands. These were all ‘participation only’ tests, meaning all you had to do to pass was to try.

Then we had a 1.5 miles run. It was right after a thunderstorm that dumped 2 inches of water in 15 minutes; humidity was 95%; temperature was 95 degrees; yellow flag; the track was so hot it radiated the heat back up. The air was hot, stale, and sticky. I run 1.5 miles in NJ at night in 12.30s with no problems. In Georgia I’ve run 1.5 miles in 14m37s and almost puked my balls out. One person in our group finished in over 20 minutes. She will have one more chance in 10 weeks and if not… she’s out of the job. Tomorrow goes another ½ of my class. I expect 1-2 more people to fail.

Point of the story is… one might smile at 16.30s while reading the requirements thinking it’s nothing, but unless you’ll attempt to run it in southern Georgia’s conditions in the middle of the summer one has no idea how it’s like. It sucks. Air just burns your lungs. If you are from up north add at least 2-3 minutes to your time. All you have to do is less than 16.29s. But if you’ll arrive to FLETC out of shape be prepared for a major kick in the ***!

New physical program goes into effect for all classes starting on or after 10/01. Happy running!
              Good info thank you! I am hoping I go before October to have that extra 1:30buffer but will keep on running!
              CBPO
              Test: July 2008
              TO: 12/26/08
              VBT 1/21/09-passed
              Medical - 1/21/09 - cleared 4/28
              Fitness - 1/21/09 - passed
              Drug test - 2/5/09- passed
              BI - Cleared
              TSU -4/29/09 (Buffalo)
              BI2 - cleared 8/11

ICE Special Agent
              Test 7/22/09 passed

Comment

• Originally posted by qixfeet View Post
                As of 10/01/09 the runtime will be dropped to 14 min or 14.30. The academy is going to get tougher physically. The goal is to put CBP on par with the other uniformed LEO programs at FLETC. We currently are not. The way things are now your PT and DT experience will vary depending on your instructor.
                While it involves more work for all of us (DEFINITELY me included), I think this is good news!

Comment

• It should be tougher..if you can not run a mile and a half in 14:30 after knowing that you are going to the academy months beforehand, then you do not deserve to be a CBPO. You are just lazy and severely out of shape.

Comment

• Originally posted by Helo View Post
                    While it involves more work for all of us (DEFINITELY me included), I think this is good news!
                    Thats the way you have to think. Look even if you arent quite there yet for the first PEB, you have 10 weeks of pt, at, dt, walking, running, etc. to prepare to pass the 2nd one. Check it out, i dropped 20-25 lbs when i went through and i wasnt even trying to lose weight and was drinking beers every day. Getting the job as an obvious benefit, but you're gonna lose weight and get in better condition and get paid to do it. Don't look at it as some negative or punishment. Trust me you'll survive and be glad in the end.
                    Last edited by barnaj; 07-07-2009, 12:37 PM.

Comment

• reduced runtime? Ahhh how exciting, especially with the weather conditions there. Are the runtimes the only thing changing? Will the PEB still be based on participation?
                      "Veni, vidi, vici."

CBPO
                      TEST - 03/02/09
                      NOR - 03/05/09 (95%)
                      TO - 04/06/09
                      FORMS - 04/21/09
                      MED/FIT - 04/29/09
                      DRUG TEST - 05/05/09
                      QUALS - 05/12/09 (GS-5)
                      VBT - 05/21/09 passed 06/12/09
                      BI - Met 06/24/09 cleared 08/14/09
                      TSU - 08/14/09
                      The "Call" - 01/14/11
                      EOD - 02/07/11
                      FLETC - 02/23/11 - 06/28/11

BPA
                      TEST - 12/13/10
                      NOR - 12/20/10 (93%)

"Find something you would be willing to die for and live for that."

Comment

• Originally posted by AmahastPL View Post
                        FLETC PEB

Today we had our PEB (Physical Efficiency Battery) down here at FLETC. The test consisted of 4 elements: first one was bench press test – basically how much one can do, then was an agility run – few cones, back and forth, nothing special; then was the flexibility test – you are to sit down on the floor, put your legs together and flat on the ground and press a small metal handle as far as possible with both hands. These were all ‘participation only’ tests, meaning all you had to do to pass was to try.

Then we had a 1.5 miles run. It was right after a thunderstorm that dumped 2 inches of water in 15 minutes; humidity was 95%; temperature was 95 degrees; yellow flag; the track was so hot it radiated the heat back up. The air was hot, stale, and sticky. I run 1.5 miles in NJ at night in 12.30s with no problems. In Georgia I’ve run 1.5 miles in 14m37s and almost puked my balls out. One person in our group finished in over 20 minutes. She will have one more chance in 10 weeks and if not… she’s out of the job. Tomorrow goes another ½ of my class. I expect 1-2 more people to fail.

Point of the story is… one might smile at 16.30s while reading the requirements thinking it’s nothing, but unless you’ll attempt to run it in southern Georgia’s conditions in the middle of the summer one has no idea how it’s like. It sucks. Air just burns your lungs. If you are from up north add at least 2-3 minutes to your time. All you have to do is less than 16.29s. But if you’ll arrive to FLETC out of shape be prepared for a major kick in the ***!

New physical program goes into effect for all classes starting on or after 10/01. Happy running!
                        I hear you on the weather! I was stationed in Jacksonville, FL then Pascagoula, MS while in the Navy. I remember when we would do PT at the track an hour or 2 after it had rained cats, dogs, and maybe a farm animal or two in the summer. SO MISERABLE!!!!!!! Some mornings, you'd wake up and walk out the door at 7 AM and it's 85 Degrees with 90% humidity!!

If you've never experienced anything like that, try working out in a sauna, and you'll get the feel of that good ol' down south summer!
                        Geo Area: SFO/OAK
                        Written: 08/23/08- 92 (87+5)
                        NOR: 09/2008
                        TO: 09/25/08
                        Medical/Physical:10/08,09/09,10/09
                        Drug Test: 11/2008
                        Oral Board: 12/03/08
                        BI: 03/12/2009 (Initiated 10/2008)
                        Qualifications: 03/17/09
                        Referred to TSU:03/19/09

IEA Agent
                        Geo Area: San Francisco County
                        Written:05/26/09
                        T.O.:08/28/09
                        Pre-Employment Forms Sent To DSC: 09/11/09
                        Medical/Fitness:11/02/09
                        Interview:PASSED on 11/16/09

Comment

• Per the CBP.gov website starting 10/1/09 the PEBs are:
                          To graduate from the Academy you must be able to successfully meet the
                          Fitness Graduation Standards:
                          • 1.5 Mile Run - 15 minutes or less
                          • Sit and Reach – 12.5 inches
                          • Push-ups – 24 in one minute
                          • 220 Yard Run – 45 seconds or less
                          CBPO
                          Test: July 2008
                          TO: 12/26/08
                          VBT 1/21/09-passed
                          Medical - 1/21/09 - cleared 4/28
                          Fitness - 1/21/09 - passed
                          Drug test - 2/5/09- passed
                          BI - Cleared
                          TSU -4/29/09 (Buffalo)
                          BI2 - cleared 8/11

ICE Special Agent
                          Test 7/22/09 passed

Comment

• Originally posted by bflogirl View Post
                            Per the CBP.gov website starting 10/1/09 the PEBs are:
                            To graduate from the Academy you must be able to successfully meet the
                            Fitness Graduation Standards:
                            • 1.5 Mile Run - 15 minutes or less
                            • Push-ups – 24 in one minute
                            • 220 Yard Run – 45 seconds or less
                            220 yard dash....That should be fun lol.

Comment

• At FLETC and On Duty the service weapon is still hk P2000 .40c ?

Comment

• PL07,

Sounds simple. But what do they mean and how many?
                                Le gra'sta De' a Theim.
                                Galic: By The Grace Of God Go I.

Comment

MR300x250 Tablet

Collapse

What's Going On

Collapse

There are currently 8317 users online. 289 members and 8028 guests.

Most users ever online was 19,482 at 12:44 PM on 09-29-2011.

Welcome Ad

Collapse
                                Working...
                                X