Collapse

300x250 Mobile

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Probably means on any upcoming job announcements, you won't see LAX/LB as an option.

In the past, people hear hiring freeze and think no one will be offered a job there. Don't assume the worst. This may or may not be the case right now though, just saying.

Comment

• Originally posted by flyone2go View Post
      Did anyone receive a call from TSU stating that there is no hiring for la/lb? A friend of a friend stated that she got a call from cbp advising her that there is no hiring till 2010 as they are overstaffed? I hope this is a rumor. Hang in there lax/lb people.

Can big ports like LAX/LGB and SFO be overstaffed? So are we going to get calls from TSU that they won't hire until 2010? Do they really do that?

Merlin what can you say about this rumor? I really hope this is not true.
      CBP Officer:
      TO: 01/2009 (LAX/LGB)
      EOD: 05/23/2011

Comment

• Originally posted by ifoCBP View Post
        Yup, I heard that also. All major ports will pick back up in 2010. I have no idea if it is true. I have a friend at SFO, he said things don't look good for 2009.
        2010 really isn't that far away....and that probably means FY2009 which means FY2010 is even closer.......

Comment

• Originally posted by tippmann87 View Post
          2010 really isn't that far away....and that probably means FY2009 which means FY2010 is even closer.......
          Actually, it is kind of far away, but that goes to show that when you've been waiting this long, what's a few more months? hahahaha

Comment

• Im waiting for Dulles too. Still no word on whether or not I passed the med & BI. I guess it doesn't matter bc of the hiring "slowing" until 2010. =\
            Written: 12-11-08
            Medical: 3-28-09 Pending
            B.I.: 5-21-09 pending

Comment

• Originally posted by tippmann87 View Post

So FY2010 starts in October?

Comment

• Originally posted by tigersin2009 View Post
                so i overnighted my nopa response to my adjucator in dc. it was supposed to arrive on july 3 by noon. i have been tracking the package. it was in dc at 7 am on july 3 and now its traveling somewhere in maryland and i am beyond ****ed off. i have no idea why or what to do. obviously, i will be calling the post office in the morning. is there anything else i could do because the thirty days are now up....
                Im not positive, but im sure if its postmarked well before your deadline, and it's a day late, they'll let ya slide.

Comment

• Originally posted by ZODIAC76 View Post
                  Yep, thats the standard for federal agencies to get their money.

Comment

• Originally posted by ZODIAC76 View Post
                    Oct 1 through Sept 30 is the FY
                    "From now until the end of the world, we and it shall be remembered. We few, we Band of Brothers. For he who sheds his blood with me shall be my brother." - William Shakespeare ("King Henry V")

Comment

• Originally posted by flyone2go View Post
                      Did anyone receive a call from TSU stating that there is no hiring for la/lb? A friend of a friend stated that she got a call from cbp advising her that there is no hiring till 2010 as they are overstaffed? I hope this is a rumor. Hang in there lax/lb people.
                      is possible... friend told me that they are ALL pack.... so... yeah.. possible.

Comment

• FLETC PEB

Today we had our PEB (Physical Efficiency Battery) down here at FLETC. The test consisted of 4 elements: first one was bench press test – basically how much one can do, then was an agility run – few cones, back and forth, nothing special; then was the flexibility test – you are to sit down on the floor, put your legs together and flat on the ground and press a small metal handle as far as possible with both hands. These were all ‘participation only’ tests, meaning all you had to do to pass was to try.

Then we had a 1.5 miles run. It was right after a thunderstorm that dumped 2 inches of water in 15 minutes; humidity was 95%; temperature was 95 degrees; yellow flag; the track was so hot it radiated the heat back up. The air was hot, stale, and sticky. I run 1.5 miles in NJ at night in 12.30s with no problems. In Georgia I’ve run 1.5 miles in 14m37s and almost puked my balls out. One person in our group finished in over 20 minutes. She will have one more chance in 10 weeks and if not… she’s out of the job. Tomorrow goes another ½ of my class. I expect 1-2 more people to fail.

Point of the story is… one might smile at 16.30s while reading the requirements thinking it’s nothing, but unless you’ll attempt to run it in southern Georgia’s conditions in the middle of the summer one has no idea how it’s like. It sucks. Air just burns your lungs. If you are from up north add at least 2-3 minutes to your time. All you have to do is less than 16.29s. But if you’ll arrive to FLETC out of shape be prepared for a major kick in the ***!

New physical program goes into effect for all classes starting on or after 10/01. Happy running!
                        CBPO Timeline
                        Geo: Virginia and D.C. Test: 12/10/08
                        NOR: 12/20/08 (86%) TO: 02/02/09
                        Forms: 02/11/09 VBT: 02/25/09
                        Medical: 03/03/09 Fitness: 03/03/09
                        Drug Test: 03/12/09 Qualifications: 03/26/09
                        BI: 04/09/09 (my B-day gift!)
                        Met with Investigator: 04/15/09 TSU: 04/10/09
                        The Call: 05/01/09 10.30am
                        EOD: 06/01/09 -- Dulles Airport
                        FLETC: 07/01/09 -- Class 957
                        Graduation: 10/14/09

Comment

• Originally posted by dogz777 View Post
                          Can big ports like LAX/LGB and SFO be overstaffed? So are we going to get calls from TSU that they won't hire until 2010? Do they really do that?

Merlin what can you say about this rumor? I really hope this is not true.
                          Meh...Once you get into the "friend of a friend of a friend says" it's impossible to know what was originally said.

FY2010 starts 10/01. It's conceivable that LB/LAX won't catch a class seat until then which would likely mean Sept. ?? hires. If that's the case I'd expect calls coming about sometime near the beginning of August.

Good luck finding a port of any decent size that's overstaffed. Any port might not be hiring, due to budget or other reasons, but it's highly unlikely that any port is fully staffed...much less overstaffed.

If I had a dollar for every "friend of a friend of a friend" rumor in the last 5 years that ultimately turned out to be false, I'd buy myself a really nice bottle of tequila.

Comment

• Originally posted by AmahastPL View Post
                            FLETC PEB

Today we had our PEB (Physical Efficiency Battery) down here at FLETC. The test consisted of 4 elements: first one was bench press test – basically how much one can do, then was an agility run – few cones, back and forth, nothing special; then was the flexibility test – you are to sit down on the floor, put your legs together and flat on the ground and press a small metal handle as far as possible with both hands. These were all ‘participation only’ tests, meaning all you had to do to pass was to try.

Then we had a 1.5 miles run. It was right after a thunderstorm that dumped 2 inches of water in 15 minutes; humidity was 95%; temperature was 95 degrees; yellow flag; the track was so hot it radiated the heat back up. The air was hot, stale, and sticky. I run 1.5 miles in NJ at night in 12.30s with no problems. In Georgia I’ve run 1.5 miles in 14m37s and almost puked my balls out. One person in our group finished in over 20 minutes. She will have one more chance in 10 weeks and if not… she’s out of the job. Tomorrow goes another ½ of my class. I expect 1-2 more people to fail.

Point of the story is… one might smile at 16.30s while reading the requirements thinking it’s nothing, but unless you’ll attempt to run it in southern Georgia’s conditions in the middle of the summer one has no idea how it’s like. It sucks. Air just burns your lungs. If you are from up north add at least 2-3 minutes to your time. All you have to do is less than 16.29s. But if you’ll arrive to FLETC out of shape be prepared for a major kick in the ***!

New physical program goes into effect for all classes starting on or after 10/01. Happy running!
                            All the more reasons for people to get up, get out running and push yourself until you can run a 12 minute 1.5 mile. Build in a cushion...you just might need it. The guy who shows up running the 1.5 in 15 minutes may just find himself on the outside riding the short bus home if luck turns against him.

Comment

• Thanks Merlin.. Bottle's almost empty..
                              CBP Officer:
                              TO: 01/2009 (LAX/LGB)
                              EOD: 05/23/2011

Comment

• Originally posted by tigersin2009 View Post
                                so i overnighted my nopa response to my adjucator in dc. it was supposed to arrive on july 3 by noon. i have been tracking the package. it was in dc at 7 am on july 3 and now its traveling somewhere in maryland and i am beyond ****ed off. i have no idea why or what to do. obviously, i will be calling the post office in the morning. is there anything else i could do because the thirty days are now up....
                                Must be a Michigan postal warp of some type. I shipped out my NOPA on 6/26 with an expected arrival of 6/29. Here it is 7/7 and it's last known location was Romulus. I called my IA to see if it arrived and she must be taking a long 4th of July weekend because she hasn't called back yet. I would hope that if our packages didn't arrive there, we would be able to fax them our receipts showing the date we had it in the mail and then ship them out a new one. I guess it depends on our individual IAs. Do you have his/her phone number? Mine didn't give me hers initially. I wrote her a letter asking for it or an email address. She sent the phone number only. Good luck

Comment

MR300x250 Tablet

Collapse

What's Going On

Collapse

There are currently 6240 users online. 345 members and 5895 guests.

Most users ever online was 19,482 at 12:44 PM on 09-29-2011.

Welcome Ad

Collapse
                                Working...
                                X