Leader

Collapse

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

CBP officer

Collapse

300x250 Mobile

Collapse
X
 
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
new posts

  • Originally posted by CBPO859 View Post
    Has anyone had to do a Polygraph for their CBP Background? My husband finally got the call for his BI today and they set him up for a polygraph. I know it says in the application that a polygraph may be given, but I don't know anyone that has had to do it. He has one of the cleanest background I've ever seen. Didn't know if this was common practice now...
    Polyraphs are given on a random basis for both the CBPO and BPA position. More are given for the Border Patrol. Some sort of discrepancy might have come up during your husband's BI causing them to give him a polygraph to sort things out or it might have been done randomly. It is not usually seen for CBPO applicants but it is done.

    Comment


    • Good Morning All,

      I took the CBP officer exam in July 2008 for duty location Pennsylvania and scored a 95 with 5 points for being a veteran giving me a score of 100. I have not heard anything in a year but today I received a NOR stating that my status has been extended for 1 year to June of 2009 due to Agency needs. Is this common or is there a possiblity that I may be getting a TO in the near future...Thanks for any help.

      Comment


      • Originally posted by MP115CO View Post
        Good Morning All,

        I took the CBP officer exam in July 2008 for duty location Pennsylvania and scored a 95 with 5 points for being a veteran giving me a score of 100. I have not heard anything in a year but today I received a NOR stating that my status has been extended for 1 year to June of 2009 due to Agency needs. Is this common or is there a possiblity that I may be getting a TO in the near future...Thanks for any help.
        Wow a 100.....I picked Philadelphia as my geo preference and scored an 87. I might not ever receive a TO.
        ATF 1811 SA
        Applied - 10/13/09

        CBPO (GEO - Philadelphia)
        Written Test - 5/11/09
        NOR (87) - 6/10/09

        ICE IEA (GEO - Philadelphia)
        Written Test - 6/1/09
        NOR (88.9) - 6/22/09

        ICE 1811 SA
        Written Test - 7/28/09
        Written - Passed - 8/10/09
        NOR (80.5 ugggh)

        Comment


        • Originally posted by MP115CO View Post
          Good Morning All,

          I took the CBP officer exam in July 2008 for duty location Pennsylvania and scored a 95 with 5 points for being a veteran giving me a score of 100. I have not heard anything in a year but today I received a NOR stating that my status has been extended for 1 year to June of 2009 due to Agency needs. Is this common or is there a possiblity that I may be getting a TO in the near future...Thanks for any help.

          NORs are often automatically extended. An applicant can also request to have his NOR extended.

          I wouldn't read much into it.

          On the other hand, you're sitting on a score of 100. The chances of getting a TO eventually are well in your favor. When...who knows?

          Comment


          • Originally posted by audi0xpl0de View Post
            You get two chances at the PEB. One when you get there and a second one in week 13. You shouldn't be worrying about the sit and reach if you're coming here shortly. The only thing you'll be graded on is the run.
            What did you mean when you said you will only be graded on the run? Does that mean you have to participate in the rest but only the run determines if you graduate FLETC?
            CBPO
            GEO-Montana
            TEST- 12/08
            NOR- 1/09 (91 no vet)
            TO-1/09
            Med/Fit- 5/09
            B.I. 3/09
            VBT-3/09
            Quals(GS-7)-3/09
            Referred to TSU-5/22/09
            EOD-6/22/09
            FLETC-7/16/09-10/28/09

            Comment


            • Originally posted by brave52000 View Post
              What did you mean when you said you will only be graded on the run? Does that mean you have to participate in the rest but only the run determines if you graduate FLETC?
              The run is the only thing that counts as of right now for the PEB. Starting October 1st that will change.

              Comment


              • Originally posted by audi0xpl0de View Post
                The run is the only thing that counts as of right now for the PEB. Starting October 1st that will change.
                So as long as your class starts before October 1st the run is all that counts?

                Mine starts July 16th but doest end until October 28th.
                CBPO
                GEO-Montana
                TEST- 12/08
                NOR- 1/09 (91 no vet)
                TO-1/09
                Med/Fit- 5/09
                B.I. 3/09
                VBT-3/09
                Quals(GS-7)-3/09
                Referred to TSU-5/22/09
                EOD-6/22/09
                FLETC-7/16/09-10/28/09

                Comment


                • Originally posted by brave52000 View Post
                  So as long as your class starts before October 1st the run is all that counts?

                  Mine starts July 16th but doest end until October 28th.
                  I believe that is correct. Good luck, you get here the day I leave.

                  Comment


                  • Originally posted by audi0xpl0de View Post
                    I believe that is correct. Good luck, you get here the day I leave.
                    Congrats! Any tips you'd like to share for those among us that are getting ready to come down?
                    Last edited by brave52000; 07-06-2009, 06:38 PM.
                    CBPO
                    GEO-Montana
                    TEST- 12/08
                    NOR- 1/09 (91 no vet)
                    TO-1/09
                    Med/Fit- 5/09
                    B.I. 3/09
                    VBT-3/09
                    Quals(GS-7)-3/09
                    Referred to TSU-5/22/09
                    EOD-6/22/09
                    FLETC-7/16/09-10/28/09

                    Comment


                    • Originally posted by brave52000 View Post
                      Congrats! Any tips you'd like to share for those among us that are getting ready to come down?
                      I'd drive. It can be a pain in the butt to bum rides off classmates. Keep a low profile, and follow directions. A lot of your experience here will be determined by your class instructors as well as your pt instructors. I think I lucked out in both departments. The food really isn't as bad as everyone says. I'd get a fridge off of your community bulletin board. This is good because you can stock up on sandwiches, fruits, waters, snacks, etc from the G-Bar.

                      Comment


                      • how many applicants (out of 100) get to TSU?

                        Comment


                        • Did anyone receive a call from TSU stating that there is no hiring for la/lb? A friend of a friend stated that she got a call from cbp advising her that there is no hiring till 2010 as they are overstaffed? I hope this is a rumor. Hang in there lax/lb people.
                          CBPO
                          Written: 08/18/08
                          NOR:8/22/08 LAX/LB 90
                          TO: 09/23/08
                          Pre-employment Forms: Completed 10/08
                          Medical: Completed 12/08
                          Drug Test: Completed 11/08
                          Fitness: Completed 10/08 (retest 10/05/09)
                          VBT: Completed 11/08
                          BI: Completed (met with BI 12/10/08)
                          Qualifications: Completed 2/26/09

                          3/2/2009 You have tentatively met the pre-employment requirements and your file is being reviewed.
                          3/4/2009 Referred to Schedule EOD

                          Comment


                          • so i overnighted my nopa response to my adjucator in dc. it was supposed to arrive on july 3 by noon. i have been tracking the package. it was in dc at 7 am on july 3 and now its traveling somewhere in maryland and i am beyond ****ed off. i have no idea why or what to do. obviously, i will be calling the post office in the morning. is there anything else i could do because the thirty days are now up....

                            Comment


                            • Originally posted by mackabo View Post
                              Have you heard anything at all? VA was supposed to have many vacancies; i thought things would be moving more quickly there.
                              I've called multiple times and receive the same answer. "There are no openings for Virginia. We do not know when there will be openings, but you will get called eventually."

                              Comment


                              • Originally posted by flyone2go View Post
                                Did anyone receive a call from TSU stating that there is no hiring for la/lb? A friend of a friend stated that she got a call from cbp advising her that there is no hiring till 2010 as they are overstaffed? I hope this is a rumor. Hang in there lax/lb people.
                                Yup, I heard that also. All major ports will pick back up in 2010. I have no idea if it is true. I have a friend at SFO, he said things don't look good for 2009.

                                Comment

                                MR300x250 Tablet

                                Collapse

                                What's Going On

                                Collapse

                                There are currently 11758 users online. 454 members and 11304 guests.

                                Most users ever online was 19,482 at 12:44 PM on 09-29-2011.

                                Welcome Ad

                                Collapse
                                Working...
                                X