300x250 Mobile

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by yoda View Post
    If I remember correctly, there is a section in/on the application process, that states and asks if you are willing to place yourself in danger and take action (to include carrying of a loaded weapon and use it when the time comes). This to me would be a means of "termination" of employment, if the officer refuses to carry a loaded weapon, "cause he doesn't want to take a life" while performing his/her duty. It is a very real part of being a LEO, although not common (to be placed in that position), but very very real... and anyone that refuses to carry a loaded weapon in the line of duty places him/her self and his/her fellow officers in danger, and should be terminated.
    Just my opinion though!...
    Conscientious objectors.
    No business in military or law enforcement. Should immigrate to France or Switzerland.

Comment

• Are there any stories out there about CBP officers having to use their weapons while on duty?

Comment

• ExRebel, im located where you are. Are you in the process now?

There have been a couple of incidents regarding CBPOs using lethal force, i remember a couple hundred posts back where someone near the laredo border had to fire on a couple of ppl that were being chased by the locals and headed to the mexico border, they attempted to run over a CBPO and the officer fired at them. Someone here im sure knows where that info is located. But it does happen, I agree, if your scared to use what your taught then you shouldnt be in this line of work, you end up risking the life of your own and also the lives of your fellow officers. Im gonna go home at the end of the night, and make sure my fellow officers will go home too.
        TSU since 07/10/2009

Comment

• Originally posted by TX54 View Post
          ExRebel, im located where you are. Are you in the process now?

There have been a couple of incidents regarding CBPOs using lethal force, i remember a couple hundred posts back where someone near the laredo border had to fire on a couple of ppl that were being chased by the locals and headed to the mexico border, they attempted to run over a CBPO and the officer fired at them. Someone here im sure knows where that info is located. But it does happen, I agree, if your scared to use what your taught then you shouldnt be in this line of work, you end up risking the life of your own and also the lives of your fellow officers. Im gonna go home at the end of the night, and make sure my fellow officers will go home too.
          An officer fired on someone here in Detroit a few months back.

Comment

• Originally posted by ExRebel View Post
            Are there any stories out there about CBP officers having to use their weapons while on duty?
            I can think of 5 shootings in the last 3-4 years.

In no particular order:
            Blaine
            Nogales
            Douglas
            San Ysidro
            Brownsville

I'm sure if I looked I'd find more.

Try Google, and/or read through this thread. I'm sure you'll find something...once you look.

Comment

• Originally posted by soto2635 View Post
              can i do this?? i want to save as much money as i can for the move, can i get out of my lease with the letter i recieve from CBP stating im aboard with them and im relocating to texas? this way my wife can go back and stay with family and well put our stuff in storage so when im done i come back here, scoop my wife and our stuff and go??
              Originally posted by soto2635 View Post
              do you think i should rent a car for pre-academy?
              can anyone give me any insight??
              "Some people spend an entire lifetime wondering if they made a difference. The Marines don't have that problem." President Ronald Reagan.

Comment

Question #1: Depends on your lease termination clauses. If relocation is a reason for termination of the lease with out penalty, if not you may not get your deposit back.

Question #2: You are going to a Texas Border town, and they are not known for their pubilc transportation.
                Life is what happens while you are waiting for something better to come along.

Comment

• Originally posted by ZODIAC76 View Post
                  Its just nice to know that I'm not the ONLY one waiting for LAX/LB! When I start to get frustrated with the wait, all I have to do is look at Flyone2go and I feel better!! There will always be somebody worse off than you! HA!
                  don't make fly2go feel sad
                  fly2go... you almost there.... take it easy!!!

Comment

depends on you... my fd told me that if you rent a car.. it will used up most of your money.. / salary. walmart is 30 min by bike.... so... is your choice. some people do rent a car.

Comment

• I leave for FLETC here in a little over a week. I'm 22 years old and in good overall shape. For whatever reason I've never been all that flexible, but for the last couple months I've been working on it everyday. I'm right on the edge of my age bracket with my sit and reach score. How does the PEB work? I understand you take it within the first week. If you don't pass an aspect of the PEB do you get sent home or do you get another chance later in the academy to "redeem" yourself?
                      CBPO
                      GEO-Montana
                      TEST- 12/08
                      NOR- 1/09 (91 no vet)
                      TO-1/09
                      Med/Fit- 5/09
                      B.I. 3/09
                      VBT-3/09
                      Quals(GS-7)-3/09
                      Referred to TSU-5/22/09
                      EOD-6/22/09
                      FLETC-7/16/09-10/28/09

Comment

• When you show up for pre Acadamy, you may be able to get with someone who has wheels, and stay at the same place they are and help with gas.

Some of the hotels will take you to the border via shuttle (It was the big tourist draw in Laredo) which will get you to work.

Personally I drove my car, but situation dictates
                        Life is what happens while you are waiting for something better to come along.

Comment

• For those of you all that have attended Fletc or currently in the academy, the 5-6 mile runs you do are they quick quick runs or are they at a good jogging pace? Im currently running those but im not super quick on distances. I know the situation varies depending on the instructor, just was curious as to see how the long runs are as far as timing goes.
                          Last edited by TX54; 07-06-2009, 01:12 AM.
                          TSU since 07/10/2009

Comment

• double post sorry
                            TSU since 07/10/2009

Comment

• Originally posted by TX54 View Post
                              For those of you all that have attended Fletc or currently in the academy, the 5-6 mile runs you do are they quick quick runs or are they at a good jogging pace? Im currently running those but im not super quick on distances. I know the situation varies depending on the instructor, just was curious as to see how the long runs are as far as timing goes.
                              We never ran more than 2.5 miles. The pace for those were pretty slow.

Comment

• Originally posted by brave52000 View Post
                                I leave for FLETC here in a little over a week. I'm 22 years old and in good overall shape. For whatever reason I've never been all that flexible, but for the last couple months I've been working on it everyday. I'm right on the edge of my age bracket with my sit and reach score. How does the PEB work? I understand you take it within the first week. If you don't pass an aspect of the PEB do you get sent home or do you get another chance later in the academy to "redeem" yourself?
                                You get two chances at the PEB. One when you get there and a second one in week 13. You shouldn't be worrying about the sit and reach if you're coming here shortly. The only thing you'll be graded on is the run.

Comment

MR300x250 Tablet

Collapse

What's Going On

Collapse

There are currently 4490 users online. 231 members and 4259 guests.

Most users ever online was 19,482 at 12:44 PM on 09-29-2011.

Welcome Ad

Collapse
                                Working...
                                X