LAX/LB

Flyone2go - Tsu Mar 4- Day 120
      Dogz777 - TSU Apr 16 - day xx
      RJF2 - TSU May 8 - day xx
      DavidB - TSU May12 - day 53
      Zodic - TSU May 28 - day 37
      Stw1226 - TSU July 1 - day 2

Comment

• LAX/LB people!! please add your TSU date!!! it help everybody!!!! copy and paste on new message!!!

Zodic - TSU May 28 - day 37

Comment

• I'm baffled.

How exactly does knowing someone else's TSU date help other applicants?

Even knowing your own TSU date really does little if anything for you.

Comment

• Merlin,

"it help everybody"
            Le gra'sta De' a Theim.
            Galic: By The Grace Of God Go I.

Comment

• Originally posted by AmahastPL View Post
              FLETC experience will vary tremendously based on your coordinator. With my luck I’ve got a border line Nazi who yells all the time and is able to scare personnel that works here!

Examples? Our class is to walk on concrete walkways only, never on the grass. Our class is to march in formation from class to bus, or between buildings; and we have this thing we recite every day in class:

Good Morning Class!
              Good morning Sir!
              How is everybody this morning?
              Outstanding Sir!
              Which class is it?
              957, Sir!
              What is your objective?
              To detect terrorism and protect America, Sir!
              What are your core values?
              Vigilance, Service, and Integrity, Sir!....

And it goes on and on for a while…

We are not allowed to have cell phones; phones are to be completely off, and in ones backpack. Your hair is NOT to touch your ears, if it does - get a haircut! Nails are to be clipped short.

FLETC is not a military school but it is not a college either.

Sounds like you got a past military drill instructor. Reminds my days on Parris Island.
              CBPO East Texas
              TO: 3/3/09
              Pre-Emp Forms: 3/26/09
              Fitness: 4/6/09 -Passed
              Medical: 4/6/09 -Passed
              VBT: 4/7/09 -Passed
              Quals: (GS-7) 4/10/09 -Verified
              Drug Test: 4/17/09 -Passed
              BI: 8/27/09 -Cleared
              TSU: 8/27/09
              FCRA: 05/19/10
              BI Update: 6/16/10

Comment

• Originally posted by merlin436 View Post
                I'm baffled.

How exactly does knowing someone else's TSU date help other applicants?

Even knowing your own TSU date really does little if anything for you.

Hey merlin

Knowing other people TSU date help because. for example.. if few weeks later.. I find out that only the 1st guy got the "call"... so i can expect at least few more months to go. And a month later, guys in May got call... so i know i'll be next.... that's all... we will never know when they will call.. at least we know where we are at on the line. Thats it.

Stw

Comment

• Originally posted by stw1226 View Post
                  LAX/LB people!! please add your TSU date!!! it help everybody!!!! copy and paste on new message!!!

Zodiac - TSU May 28 - day 37
                  Its just nice to know that I'm not the ONLY one waiting for LAX/LB! When I start to get frustrated with the wait, all I have to do is look at Flyone2go and I feel better!! There will always be somebody worse off than you! HA!

Comment

• USMC0844, where do you prefer your duty post be at, im east texas as well.
                    TSU since 07/10/2009

Comment

• Who're the SW (CA) border area people here?
                      Timelines:

CBPO
                      App: 2/12/09
                      Geo: Revised; CA Long Beach, San Bernardino, L.A.
                      Written: 2/20/09
                      NOR: 3/2/09 (81 no vet pref.)
                      TO: ? (reached my 37th bday 9/09)

IEA
                      App: 5/5/09
                      Geo: San Diego
                      Written: 6/5/09 (75.8 no vet pref.)
                      NOR: 7/20/09
                      Faxed Documents: 7/7/09
                      TO: 10/6/09
                      Mailed Documents: 10/16/09
                      Oral Interview: 12/02/09 Passed

BPA
                      Geo: SW Border-El Centro/San Diego Area
                      App: 8/17/10
                      Written: 10/6 Passed (73 w/ no vet pref.)
                      TO: 11/10/10 (pre emp forms due 11/22)

Comment

• Originally posted by stw1226 View Post
                        Hey merlin

Knowing other people TSU date help because. for example.. if few weeks later.. I find out that only the 1st guy got the "call"... so i can expect at least few more months to go. And a month later, guys in May got call... so i know i'll be next.... that's all... we will never know when they will call.. at least we know where we are at on the line. Thats it.

Stw
                        You can't expect anything...beyond being fairly sure a call will come...at some point.

They might call 3 new hires for LAX on Tuesday...or 35 new hires. They may call another 17 people Thursday...or August 28th. Nobody really knows. It's only partially based of the current staffing of the port, so knowing how many officers a port is short is only of limited help. Mostly, it's unpredictable.

You don't really even know where you "stand in line". This board sees but of few of the thousands of CBPO applicants out there; most CBPO applicants never come here. Nobody knows where any of them stand in line for CBP.

Nobody knows where any of you stand in line for CBP either.

Comment

• Originally posted by WSB_Hunter
                          Why would someone new refuse to chamber a round? I can see not shaving and other things for being lazy. But, what is their excuse for not chambering a round?

It's a military/alternative school of thought thing. The idea being it's safer. It reduces drop discharges, accidental discharges, etc. You rack the slide if/when you need to chamber a round.

However, it's wildly against CBP policy. When in CBP world, do as Uncle Sugar says.

Comment

• Originally posted by WSB_Hunter
                            Why would someone new refuse to chamber a round? I can see not shaving and other things for being lazy. But, what is their excuse for not chambering a round?
                            We've also heard stories at the academy of people refuing to carry ammo in their magazines because "it's too heavy". Then theres the stories of people that don't want to have to kill someone so they just carry a unloaded weapon.

People like that do join for god only knows why.

Comment

• Originally posted by Alaric View Post
                              We've also heard stories at the academy of people refuing to carry ammo in their magazines because "it's too heavy". Then theres the stories of people that don't want to have to kill someone so they just carry a unloaded weapon.

People like that do join for god only knows why.
                              If I remember correctly, there is a section in/on the application process, that states and asks if you are willing to place yourself in danger and take action (to include carrying of a loaded weapon and use it when the time comes). This to me would be a means of "termination" of employment, if the officer refuses to carry a loaded weapon, "cause he doesn't want to take a life" while performing his/her duty. It is a very real part of being a LEO, although not common (to be placed in that position), but very very real... and anyone that refuses to carry a loaded weapon in the line of duty places him/her self and his/her fellow officers in danger, and should be terminated.
                              Just my opinion though!...
                              CBPO
                              Written: 08/29/2007
                              EOD: July 11, 2011

Comment

• Originally posted by AmahastPL View Post
                                The blue belt is the one you get with the Smurfs. It has a brass buckle. The buckle has to be polished, or you are to write a memo to your coordinator in which you are to explain why the buckle has not been polished and how you are to fix that. I am not kidding.

The black belt is your outer duty belt. There is a small soft black belt with velcro that goes underneath it. Belt has a bucke as well. It is small and has to be clean and shiny.

Ahhhhhhhhh, Memos...
                                The stupidest and most 6th grade thing in the history of Law Enforcement training.

Comment

MR300x250 Tablet

Collapse

What's Going On

Collapse

There are currently 5944 users online. 293 members and 5651 guests.

Most users ever online was 19,482 at 11:44 AM on 09-29-2011.

Welcome Ad

Collapse
                                Working...
                                X