• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by dogz777 View Post
    TSU = April 16
    why the confusion?

Comment

• can i do this?? i want to save as much money as i can for the move, can i get out of my lease with the letter i recieve from CBP stating im aboard with them and im relocating to texas? this way my wife can go back and stay with family and well put our stuff in storage so when im done i come back here, scoop my wife and our stuff and go??
      "Some people spend an entire lifetime wondering if they made a difference. The Marines don't have that problem." President Ronald Reagan.

Comment

• Originally posted by koalica View Post
        Hi guys! I just registered on this forum but I've kept up with a lot of the posts here for a few weeks now. Very helpful information, thanks to all who have contributed. Congrats to those who have made it far!

Well, here we go. I'm in the same boat as a lot of you, in the process of becoming a CBP Officer. My timeline is very close to PureLife's, except he met with his BI about a week before I did. I kept basing myself off of his progress since I saw that we both tested the same day for the same location (Laredo, TX).

Now, I met with my investigator last week and got a call from him last night. He asked for an extra reference of a coworker from my last job (not my current one), and a college professor contact. My work reference was contacted, no problem there. The problem comes in with my professor. I took a class with him back in 2006 so he probably didn't remember me, even after meeting with him a few days earlier prior to my BI's arrival. He denied knowing me or having me in his class

Great.

Should that be a problem? Will my wait-time increase because of it?

Thank you mucho and nice to meet all of you!

If everything else is done already you probably will get called soon. When I got called, my investigator was not completely done yet with references. In reality, I think that all the interviews with references are just to wrap it up, while the major criminal background and security checks have been done way before already. However, if something comes up right now in your background that doesn't make sense or looks "weird" (for lack of a better word), then that will place a major hold. And if one your references is being an a*hole, then provide the investigator with many more. In my case, when my investigator told me that he might need a couple of references more since he didn't have enough, that same day I gathered around 14 more even from years ago just to make everything easier. You dont have to go out of your way and get that many references maybe, but cooperation from your part always helps in the background process.

CBPO
        * EXAM: 3/3/09
        * NOR: 3/9/09 (95%)
        * TO: MID APRIL
        * PRE-EMPLOYMENT FORMS: 4/16/09COMPLETED
        * MEDICAL/PHYSICAL: 5/1/09 COMPLETED
        * DRUG TEST: 5/14/09 COMPLETED
        * VBT: 6/15/09 :COMPLETED
        *QUALIFICATION: 5/28/09 (GS-7) COMPLETED
        *BI: 6/11/09 COMPLETED
        *!!THE CALL!!: 6/16/09
        *EOD: 6/29/09

*FLETC: CLASS 961 7/23 - 11/04

BPA
        *EXAM: 4/16/09 (86%)
        *TO: ???

ICE IEA
        *EXAM: 6/11/09 PASSED (Not interested anymore )

Comment

• Originally posted by AmahastPL View Post
          Day two:

It was all about history of the CBP, how it came to be, which events shaped it, pretty much History Channel special on steroids. A little about the facilities: each CBP class has its own classroom. You have your own desk with your name plaque on it, and get issued a pile of books which could put all the Yellow Pages of California taken together to shame. Classes start at 7.30, which means you have to be there ready at 7.20.The Taj is about a mile away from the Chow Hall, which means one has to take a bus to get there. That implies you need to get up at 5.45am to shave, get ready, and catch a bus at approx. 6.30am

Drinks are allowed in class (in bottles or cups with lids) – it would be damn tough without my coffee

Uniform is to be ironed, shoes shined, brass buckle polished… God have mercy on you if you’ll get caught with an infraction…

Second day you also get issued your leather stuff: two belts (under belt and patrol belt), holster, plastic P2000 replica gun, cuffs, OC spray, all the good stuff. It takes about 30 minutes to put it all together and I bet you after class there was a whole bunch of guys in their dorm rooms standing in front of the mirror, plastic gun in hand, playing John Wayne or uttering ‘Do you feel lucky, punk?’

Food: all the rumors about the FLETC chicken are true. I’ve seen beef-chicken, and fish-chicken. They can make it look and smell like anything they want. It will still taste like chicken thou. The cafeteria is a large building, and the food to be honest with you is pretty good. There is always plenty of choice: salad bar, grill, or the main entrée. Wednesday was supposedly the steak day, although I’m still suspicious that it might have been cleverly disguised chicken… There is no limit on quantity… if you wanted to you could dine on cheesecake all day long

Weather is, for the lack of a better word, nuts! It is hot, damn hot, with humidity approaching 100%. And yes, they’ll schedule your 1.5 mile run at something like 2.30 pm. Pretty clever, huh?

Last comment: there is wireless net in the Taj but it costs $80 for 3 months. You get 500kb/s connection… kind of like DSL… I’ve fought with myself for 2 days then took my MasterCard out and paid… borderline extortion, dammit!
          I believe my time at FLETC was the best time weather wise (Jan-May). After I left, it was in the 90's-100's during thunderstorms! I can't imagine PT in those conditions...

Comment

• No new TO's out there?
            CBPO
            TEST: 4/28/2009
            NOR:5/28/2009 97
            TO: ????

Comment

• I know probably someone already asked this question through this entire thread but this thread is too long to find this answer........so
              I was wondering at FLETC.......what's the passing requirements among shooting....whats the distance...10-15-25 yrds? Also the gun that is used at FLETC and on duty is the P2000, 40c?

Comment

• Anymore Dulles guys out there?

Comment

• LAX/LB

Flyone2go - Tsu Mar 4- Day 120
                  Dogz777 - TSU Apr 16 - day xx
                  DavidB - TSU May12 - day 53
                  Zodic - TSU May 28 - day 37
                  Stw1226 - TSU July 1 - day 2
                  CBPO
                  Written: 08/18/08
                  NOR:8/22/08 LAX/LB 90
                  TO: 09/23/08
                  Pre-employment Forms: Completed 10/08
                  Medical: Completed 12/08
                  Drug Test: Completed 11/08
                  Fitness: Completed 10/08 (retest 10/05/09)
                  VBT: Completed 11/08
                  BI: Completed (met with BI 12/10/08)
                  Qualifications: Completed 2/26/09

3/2/2009 You have tentatively met the pre-employment requirements and your file is being reviewed.
                  3/4/2009 Referred to Schedule EOD

Comment

• Originally posted by AmahastPL View Post
                    Uniform is to be ironed, shoes shined, brass buckle polished… God have mercy on you if you’ll get caught with an infraction…

Good. I like the idea of a tougher, more disciplined academy.

FLETC standards have been much too lax of late. Maybe this will cull out some of the bozos and 'hall of shamers' before they get to their ports. Way too many fools come back from the academy thinking that their "72 hours" of experience is meaningful, that they now know it all, that the years of others doing it one way mean nothing...their way is better. I've seen guys come back and refuse to wear equipment, refuse to chamber a round in the gun, not shave, misspend the uniform allowance, et al. If a guy can't follow something as simple as polishing a belt buckle, he's probably one to show up without current passwords, 10 minutes late, missing his handcuffs and otherwise acting half-assed during his shifts.

CBPOing is a team sport. If you can't/won't play team ball, you shouldn't be here anyway.
                    Last edited by merlin436; 07-04-2009, 08:27 AM. Reason: spelling

Comment

• Originally posted by SDCBP View Post
                      I know probably someone already asked this question through this entire thread but this thread is too long to find this answer........so
                      I was wondering at FLETC.......what's the passing requirements among shooting....whats the distance...10-15-25 yrds? Also the gun that is used at FLETC and on duty is the P2000, 40c?
                      3, 7, 15, 25 yards.

Comment

• do you think i should rent a car for pre-academy?
                        "Some people spend an entire lifetime wondering if they made a difference. The Marines don't have that problem." President Ronald Reagan.

Comment

• Originally posted by barnaj View Post
                          Of course on the other hand, we didnt see out p.t. instructor until we were already changed into p.t. gear and as far as "belt buckles" i dont recall wearing a belt other than the duty belt which aint much to shine. I think some people like to embelish slightly on the difficulty of fletc.
                          The blue belt is the one you get with the Smurfs. It has a brass buckle. The buckle has to be polished, or you are to write a memo to your coordinator in which you are to explain why the buckle has not been polished and how you are to fix that. I am not kidding.

The black belt is your outer duty belt. There is a small soft black belt with velcro that goes underneath it. Belt has a bucke as well. It is small and has to be clean and shiny.

CBPO Timeline
                          Geo: Virginia and D.C. Test: 12/10/08
                          NOR: 12/20/08 (86%) TO: 02/02/09
                          Forms: 02/11/09 VBT: 02/25/09
                          Medical: 03/03/09 Fitness: 03/03/09
                          Drug Test: 03/12/09 Qualifications: 03/26/09
                          BI: 04/09/09 (my B-day gift!)
                          Met with Investigator: 04/15/09 TSU: 04/10/09
                          The Call: 05/01/09 10.30am
                          EOD: 06/01/09 -- Dulles Airport
                          FLETC: 07/01/09 -- Class 957
                          Graduation: 10/14/09

Comment

• FLETC experience will vary tremendously based on your coordinator. With my luck I’ve got a border line Nazi who yells all the time and is able to scare personnel that works here!

Examples? Our class is to walk on concrete walkways only, never on the grass. Our class is to march in formation from class to bus, or between buildings; and we have this thing we recite every day in class:

Good Morning Class!
                            Good morning Sir!
                            How is everybody this morning?
                            Outstanding Sir!
                            Which class is it?
                            957, Sir!
                            What is your objective?
                            To detect terrorism and protect America, Sir!
                            What are your core values?
                            Vigilance, Service, and Integrity, Sir!....

And it goes on and on for a while…

We are not allowed to have cell phones; phones are to be completely off, and in ones backpack. Your hair is NOT to touch your ears, if it does - get a haircut! Nails are to be clipped short.

FLETC is not a military school but it is not a college either.
                            CBPO Timeline
                            Geo: Virginia and D.C. Test: 12/10/08
                            NOR: 12/20/08 (86%) TO: 02/02/09
                            Forms: 02/11/09 VBT: 02/25/09
                            Medical: 03/03/09 Fitness: 03/03/09
                            Drug Test: 03/12/09 Qualifications: 03/26/09
                            BI: 04/09/09 (my B-day gift!)
                            Met with Investigator: 04/15/09 TSU: 04/10/09
                            The Call: 05/01/09 10.30am
                            EOD: 06/01/09 -- Dulles Airport
                            FLETC: 07/01/09 -- Class 957
                            Graduation: 10/14/09

Comment

• thanks of the updates and info.. great to know and i cant wait for my time in fletc!!! HAPPY 4TH OF JULY ALL.......
                              CBPO

Comment

• ditto, have a good 4th everyone
                                "Veni, vidi, vici."

CBPO
                                TEST - 03/02/09
                                NOR - 03/05/09 (95%)
                                TO - 04/06/09
                                FORMS - 04/21/09
                                MED/FIT - 04/29/09
                                DRUG TEST - 05/05/09
                                QUALS - 05/12/09 (GS-5)
                                VBT - 05/21/09 passed 06/12/09
                                BI - Met 06/24/09 cleared 08/14/09
                                TSU - 08/14/09
                                The "Call" - 01/14/11
                                EOD - 02/07/11
                                FLETC - 02/23/11 - 06/28/11

BPA
                                TEST - 12/13/10
                                NOR - 12/20/10 (93%)

"Find something you would be willing to die for and live for that."

Comment

MR300x250 Tablet

Collapse

What's Going On

Collapse

There are currently 9872 users online. 496 members and 9376 guests.

Most users ever online was 19,482 at 12:44 PM on 09-29-2011.

Welcome Ad

Collapse
                                Working...
                                X