300x250 Mobile

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by soto2635 View Post
    is it possiable to be able to do OJT where you currently live and then go to fletc i remember i read a post here about that but now i can find it cananyone comfirm this??

Form what I've seen, it rarely happens.

There are a few remote, tiny PoE's who sent their people to a service port/larger port for pre-academy. Other than that, never heard of it in CBP.

It sounds vaguely IEAish though. I think that ICE may have something similar.

Comment

• Originally posted by audi0xpl0de View Post
      All depends on the instructors and coordinators that you get. My class coordinator didn't care much but my pt instructor would check our belt buckles everyday and if one person's didn't look good enough it was time for pushups and flutter kicks.

Ah ms. miller, guaranteeing 939 will never polish their belt buckles in the field.

Comment

• Originally posted by Alaric View Post
        Ah ms. miller, guaranteeing 939 will never polish their belt buckles in the field.
        Okay you guys who have been there recently. What is all this about polishing belt buckles? What belt buckles? Are you referring to the duty belt?

Comment

• Originally posted by barnaj View Post
          Okay you guys who have been there recently. What is all this about polishing belt buckles? What belt buckles? Are you referring to the duty belt?
          Still here actually, graduation July, 15th and I can't freaking wait.

As for the buckles, our PTD instructor was super anal about polishing the buckles on the duty belts. She wanted us to make BRASS silver, yes polish BRASS to be silver.

Uniform standards at FLETC right now are mainly determined by your instructor. My class the coorinator does a inspection each week BUT she has the presidents do the commenting and the only thing they really pay attention to is gig lines. Other classes have coordinators that care alot more about it.

Comment

It's the belt buckle on the duty belt.

Comment

• Originally posted by Alaric View Post
              Still here actually, graduation July, 15th and I can't freaking wait.

As for the buckles, our PTD instructor was super anal about polishing the buckles on the duty belts. She wanted us to make BRASS silver, yes polish BRASS to be silver.

Uniform standards at FLETC right now are mainly determined by your instructor. My class the coorinator does a inspection each week BUT she has the presidents do the commenting and the only thing they really pay attention to is gig lines. Other classes have coordinators that care alot more about it.
              Thats the stupidest thing ive ever heard, but what do i know. I can understand showing up looking sharp for the first class, but after a days worth of walking, sweating, stuffing crap in lockers, etc. how are you supposed to keep that look? Whatever.

Comment

Thats the stupidest thing ive ever heard, but what do i know. I can understand showing up looking sharp for the first class, but after a days worth of walking, sweating, stuffing crap in lockers, etc. how are you supposed to keep that look? Whatever.
                oh and we just started here on July 1st, any CBPO outside during training must be wearing their CBP issued ballcap. And if you have to go inside then outside alot you are to shove it down the back of your pants because that is more professional looking than hanging from the belt clip that holds your hearing protection at the firing range.

They want FLETC to be more para-military. Apparently marching to class is the next thing coming down the pipes.

Oh and instructors have to wear campaign hats when outside. Also any instructor that attends a graduation must do so in Class 1 uniforms, so don't expect to see any of your instructors at the graduation except your coordinators.
                Last edited by Alaric; 07-03-2009, 02:42 PM.

Comment

• Originally posted by stw1226 View Post
                  LAX/ LB people!!! If you can, put your TSU date and how many days you are waiting.. so we all know what's going on!!!!!

TSU 7/2/09 - 1 day

TSU: MAY 28

37 days in TSU for LAX/Long Beach

Comment

• TSU - May 12

Day 53 for LAX/LB

Comment

• Originally posted by PL07 View Post
                      I can't believe you received two NOPAs. Were they for the same issue? Was the second received after or before your appeal on the first?
                      Well the first NOPA I recieved they wanted me to explain each issue they were interested in. So the very nexy day I sent them a response with docs to show I am doing what needs to be done to allieviate my issues. I never heard back from the person who requested it in the first place. I believe his name was Micheal or last name Michelas. I have the reciept at home. So now with the 2nd NOPA all they are asking is the the total amount and what am I doing to resolve it....EEEEEEyyyyye dunno, I already explained all in detail the first time(NOPA) now they want a second explanation. Like YODA said....At least they're giving me a chance to explain myself versus just giving me the boot....so off the explaning myself yet agian, luckily I still have the original response I sent....uuugh!!!!!

Comment

• LAX/LB people.. let's update as this.. easier to read and keep track !!! Other People ADD on!!!!

(just copy any paste on next message)

DavidB - TSU May12 - day 53
                        Zodic - TSU May 28 - day 37
                        Stw1226 - TSU July 1 - day 2

Comment

• tsu

LAX/LB

Buffalo,NY

anthony30- TSU May 7-day 57

people.. let's update as this.. easier to read and keep track !!! Other People ADD on!!!!
                          _________________(just copy any paste on next message)
                          CBPO

Comment

• Originally posted by stw1226 View Post
                            LAX/LB people.. let's update as this.. easier to read and keep track !!! Other People ADD on!!!!

(just copy any paste on next message)

TSU = April 16
                            CBP Officer:
                            TO: 01/2009 (LAX/LGB)
                            EOD: 05/23/2011

Comment

• would anyone happen to know if there's a schedule available somewhere with FLETC start dates?
                              "Veni, vidi, vici."

CBPO
                              TEST - 03/02/09
                              NOR - 03/05/09 (95%)
                              TO - 04/06/09
                              FORMS - 04/21/09
                              MED/FIT - 04/29/09
                              DRUG TEST - 05/05/09
                              QUALS - 05/12/09 (GS-5)
                              VBT - 05/21/09 passed 06/12/09
                              BI - Met 06/24/09 cleared 08/14/09
                              TSU - 08/14/09
                              The "Call" - 01/14/11
                              EOD - 02/07/11
                              FLETC - 02/23/11 - 06/28/11

BPA
                              TEST - 12/13/10
                              NOR - 12/20/10 (93%)

"Find something you would be willing to die for and live for that."

Comment

• LAX/LB

Dogz777 - TSU Apr 16 - day xx

Buffalo,NY

anthony30- TSU May 7-day 57

Comment

MR300x250 Tablet

Collapse

What's Going On

Collapse

There are currently 9331 users online. 529 members and 8802 guests.

Most users ever online was 19,482 at 12:44 PM on 09-29-2011.

Welcome Ad

Collapse
                                Working...
                                X