300x250 Mobile

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by barnaj View Post
    None of this is a fact but i have a feeling there wont be much movement until they start filling October classes.
    How far in advanced do you think they would start filling October? Do they have to wait until they literally have the money in their hands or is the passing of the budget enough to get the ball rolling?

Comment

Hell dude, as much as i wish i was on the job already, maybe it wont work out too bad. Maybe by the time I/We go (wishful thinking), they'll be back to single rooms, with WiFi, a less crowded locker room and cafeteria and a more organized academy.
      Heck...
      If they start calling in October, we'll most likely have single rooms, and I'll be double dipping!... (wishful thinking I know!!!)...
      CBPO
      Written: 08/29/2007
      EOD: July 11, 2011

Comment

• Originally posted by UofU76 View Post
        How far in advanced do you think they would start filling October? Do they have to wait until they literally have the money in their hands or is the passing of the budget enough to get the ball rolling?
        I cant speak to intelligently about how they work their money. But, if you were to be in an October class, you'd get the call in August sometime. For example, you get called August 10th, they give you 3 weeks until your EOD, you start pre-academy September 1st, and off to FLETC on say October 3rd. Just a hypothetical.

Comment

• Originally posted by yoda View Post
          YEP!...
          Besides having to send in all of those forms in for the third time!.... I was informed I had to do my e-QIP again, of which I am currently printing out as I type!!!!.....

BTW
          Just thinking about how the hiring all of a sudden slowed to a "crawl"... well they were stacking 2 per room (in single rooms) a few months ago! Guess they just went on a "Hiring Frenzy" had all of those folks inconvenienced going through training and the rest of the applicants waiting got the "freeze"...
          Yoda, where are you in the hiring process? When I first started reading from this site over a year ago you were stuck. Are you still stuck, or are you moving on?

Comment

Heck...
            If they start calling in October, we'll most likely have single rooms, and I'll be double dipping!... (wishful thinking I know!!!)...
            Well at this point, you might as well try and wish the best upon yourself. After all the hurdles and baloney, it'd be nice for things to work out in your favor for a change. Thats how im TRYING to think.

Comment

I cant speak to intelligently about how they work their money. But, if you were to be in an October class, you'd get the call in August sometime. For example, you get called August 10th, they give you 3 weeks until your EOD, you start pre-academy September 1st, and off to FLETC on say October 3rd. Just a hypothetical.
              I am in TSU for SF/Oak for over 90 days. It would be nice to be in the October class, but at this point I will be happy just to see calls go out for anyone. My tests expire in October, What if I got the call for a November class in September, do they still pull you to re test or does all that end with the call?

Comment

Yoda, where are you in the hiring process? When I first started reading from this site over a year ago you were stuck. Are you still stuck, or are you moving on?
                As far as I know, he's still waiting on whether or not his NOPA appeal was successful.

Comment

I am in TSU for SF/Oak for over 90 days. It would be nice to be in the October class, but at this point I will be happy just to see calls go out for anyone. My tests expire in October, What if I got the call for a November class in September, do they still pull you to re test or does all that end with the call?
                  Once you EOD your safe. But if anything expires before that, you have to redo them. Thats the way i understand it from the email from MHC:

In an effort to better prepare CBP Officers to be successful in performing their duties a new fitness test has been developed to be a better indicator of success at the academy. The new fitness test will be implemented on July 1, 2009; all applicants who have not taken their fitness test or who need to repeat their fitness test will be given the new fitness test. Fitness test results are valid for one year, if you do not enter on duty within one year of taking your fitness test, you will be required to repeat the test.

Comment

• Originally posted by PL07 View Post
                    As far as I know, he's still waiting on whether or not his NOPA appeal was successful.
                    That is correct sir!... Still waiting, supposedly this is why I have had to send in Forms and re-do e-QIP, because of "movement" on my BI... this is what the lady at HR told me today.

I am looking at this right now as a positive... Why would they ask for all those forms again if they were going to deny my "clearance", at least I choose to see it that way!
                    Last edited by yoda; 07-02-2009, 01:48 PM.
                    CBPO

Comment

That is correct sir!... Still waiting, supposedly this is why I have had to send in Forms and re-do e-QIP, because of "movement" on my BI... this is what the lady at HR told me today.
                      I DO NOT understand this! That other guy on here (the name escapes me), had his forms go back to pending also. Maybe these things are taking so long, the actual info provided on the SF-86 and E-Qip are actually becoming too old to go off of!?

Comment

• Well, I'm overjoyed to say that my quals finally cleared for GS-05. I thought I would be able to get a 7 since I'm only one class away from graduating but it had to be within 9 months of applying. I'll take a 5 and smile and shut up. Someone had asked if there was a time difference in clearing with a 5 as opposed to a 7. They JUST began looking at my quals and the lady called me on Tuesday. I would say that quals are an easy thing to look into and it only takes someone a few hours for either grade, if they have all the paperwork. Just my opinion.

Comment

• Deleted.....

Comment

I am looking at this right now as a positive... Why would they ask for all those forms again if they were going to deny my "clearance", at least I choose to see it that way!
                            That is really wierd that you had to redo E-Qip. Like Merlin said, it might be because you have been in the process for such a long time that you needed to update the information. I would go about the same way of thinking you are in that why would they ask you to do the forms again and waste your and their time if they were going to find you unsuitable.

Comment

I DO NOT understand this! That other guy on here (the name escapes me), had his forms go back to pending also. Maybe these things are taking so long, the actual info provided on the SF-86 and E-Qip are actually becoming too old to go off of!?
                              The lady at HR told me that the info on e-QIP expires as well!!!!!.... That is why they make you re-do it, most of the info is still in the system, but you still have to update any changes and answer YES/NO questions again!...

BTW my e-QIP showed my last log-in date September 08, 2007... That's when I submitted my info the first time.
                              Last edited by yoda; 07-02-2009, 02:00 PM.
                              CBPO

Comment

• I just got everything complete!!! so I am at

T.S.U. (correct?)

!!!! YEAH!!! EXCITED!!!!

now all i do is sit there is wait... (oh.. wait.. i have been waiting since last year!! )

Day #1.

Comment

MR300x250 Tablet

Collapse

What's Going On

Collapse

There are currently 10316 users online. 380 members and 9936 guests.

Most users ever online was 19,482 at 12:44 PM on 09-29-2011.

Welcome Ad

Collapse
                                Working...
                                X