Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Hello Everyone,

Update as of my last post April 19

Just as a little intro to what i have been going through.

I applied last Aug 08, and outta nowhere i received a package with the TO letter this March 09 and To be completely honest i figured i was out of the running. Well i turned in my prelim paper work at the end of March, and have completed the physical/medical, drug screen and VBT, I recently met with my BIs over the last couple of weeks and on Cass everything is checked off except for my medical evaluation -- which i may add that I received the paperwork they sent me for further info on a previous injury I sent that back within the timeframe they requested and its been a good month or two since i sent that in. Apparently everything is completed My question is, how long does it take for them to review and clear you from your medical documentation? Shouldnt it have already cleared? Once that clears I guess im sent to TSU to join all you folks? Seems to me that its pretty much gonna be over 90 days at least to get out of TSU?

When i applied, i chose East TX. Any one else on here choose East Tx?
    TSU since 07/10/2009

Comment

• TX54- I also applied for East TX and had to sent medical docs to clear me. I sent in my docs about two weeks ago and still cass has not updated.

Have you thought about calling or sending an email?
      CBPO:
      Geo: East TX
      TSU: 7/10/09

Comment

• Originally posted by soto2635 View Post
        thanks! im want out of TSA asap!
        Amen brother.
        Geo: Illinois
        Test Score: 94
        Quals: GS-7
        T.O.: 8/7/2007
        Referred to Schedule EOD

"Theirs not to make reply, Theirs not to reason why, Theirs but to do and die"

Comment

• I took my test around the week of July 18th, I dont recall the exact date but know that I did my kids b day party that weekend. I am also not sure on the exact date that I was pulled out because I have not been watching it.
          Tested March 08
          TO June 08
          Medical COMPLETE 12/08
          VBT complete 08 passed
          Qualification GS-5 September 08
          BI September 08 complete April 09

FITNESS REDO AUG 7TH FAILED
          NOW IT IS TIME TO START ALL OVER AGAIN

Comment

• Originally posted by barnaj View Post
            Well the most obvious question to ask is if this was for something different or just a duplicate of the last one, in which case maybe its a mistake? I haven't heard of someone getting 2, or did you get into somthing since your last response? Or did you maybe not answer one of the issues? Whats the specifics?
            Well the first NOPA they asked about each issue which included the total amount in which I owe. Now this 2nd one is asking about the total that I owe. Like Yoda said, just do what they ask and deal with it. Annoying, yes, do I feel lke doing it anymore, no. But Ive like the rest here have spent plenty of energy in the whole process, whats another correspondence.....

Comment

• Originally posted by blessed View Post
              Do you think it will jumpstart the hiring that has been going slow lately? From previous post I was under the impression that the scheduling unit was waiting for funds to be able to start hiring again.
              I suppose one could look at it that way.

It's the way it is. Hiring starts at the beginning of the FY(10/01) and runs until they've hired all the people they need or until the money runs out. My understanding is that this summer's "hiring freeze" was brought on mostly by the fact that it has been a fortuitous year so far for the folks in hiring. Lesser numbers of folks this year have quit, retired, were fired, failed the program, et. al. That meant that few numbers of classes were need to fulfill CBP's annual hiring goals for 09.

Comment

• Originally posted by merlin436 View Post
                As far as I know there is "one TSU line".

If you've made it to TSU you've past the hurdles of pre-employment.

Where GS-07 jams people up is:

One, in the TO. You can't get a TO for a GS-07 slot unless there is a GS-07 slot available.

and...

Two, in qualifications. Obviously it is more difficult to qualify for a GS-07 position than a GS-05. More difficult usually means greater scrutiny and a more deeper vetting of a person's quals. All that takes time, usually more time than qualifying for a GS-05.

So if you put in for both GS 5&7 do you think it would delay getting a TO?

Comment

• Whatever happened to CBPSTYLE? I guess his poly didn't go so well.

Comment

• 30 days TSU for JFK.

Beh.
                    CBPO
                    GEO - NY/JFK
                    TEST - 03/08 (NOR: 04/08)

TO - 01/09
                    PE Forms - Completed
                    Fitness - Completed
                    VBT - 03/09 - Completed
                    Drug Screen - Completed
                    Qual - 05/09 - Completed
                    B.I. - 05/09 - Completed
                    Medical - 05/09 - Completed
                    TSU

EOD: ???
                    FLETC: ???

Comment

what do you mean never have had used it before? im using right now for school can you explain?
                      Sorry man, you can only use the GI Bill for OJT is you have NEVER used it for anything else before. At least thats the way i understand it.

Comment

• Originally posted by imlikeaninja View Post
                        Whatever happened to CBPSTYLE? I guess his poly didn't go so well.
                        Hard to say. But yes, normally if it was good news he/she would keep us all up to date on the progress.

Comment

what do you mean never have had used it before? im using right now for school can you explain?
                          Found this on military.com Notice the note on the bottom:

Eligibility
                          You may be eligible if you are eligible for the GI Bill either under the Active Duty (Veteran) or Reserve GI Bill programs and:

You are no longer on active duty
                          You were recently hired or promoted
                          You left active duty less than 10 years ago or
                          You are currently a member of the Guard or Reserve (Reserve GI Bill)
                          So, if you are qualified for the GI Bill and you have started a new job or apprenticeship program, you should apply for this little known GI Bill benefit. In some cases, the VA will even pay retroactively for OJT from the past 12 months.

Note: You may not receive GI Bill OJT benefits at the same time you receive the GI Bill education benefits.

Comment

• Wth X2!!!!

Well Im glad things are rolling as far as the process is concerned....but has anyone here ever have a check/completed go back to pending??? My pre-employment status went from complete to pending!!!! Also I have been told by cass that I qual for GS-7....so I dunno.

Comment

• Originally posted by meskismcbp View Post
                              Well Im glad things are rolling as far as the process is concerned....but has anyone here ever have a check/completed go back to pending??? My pre-employment status went from complete to pending!!!! Also I have been told by cass that I qual for GS-7....so I dunno.
                              Yes, this happens when steps expire or in my case when they "erroneously" enter the clear code for a step.

Comment

• Originally posted by barnaj View Post
                                Yes, this happens when steps expire or in my case when they "erroneously" enter the clear code for a step.
                                Expire??? Hows that???

Comment

MR300x250 Tablet

Collapse

What's Going On

Collapse

There are currently 9707 users online. 476 members and 9231 guests.

Most users ever online was 19,482 at 12:44 PM on 09-29-2011.

Welcome Ad

Collapse
                                Working...
                                X