Collapse

300x250 Mobile

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• that's why i'm afraid of calling TSU to see where i stand.

Day 50 for LAX/LB

Comment

• Originally posted by meskismcbp View Post
      I received a NOPA in April. I quickly responded back with the explanations on what they were inquiring about. Today I recieved yet another NOPA?!?!?! I mean really?!?!? Merlin, Barnaj, Yoda...have any idea or insight on 2 NOPA's???
      Well the most obvious question to ask is if this was for something different or just a duplicate of the last one, in which case maybe its a mistake? I haven't heard of someone getting 2, or did you get into somthing since your last response? Or did you maybe not answer one of the issues? Whats the specifics?
      Last edited by barnaj; 07-01-2009, 04:28 PM.

Comment

• Originally posted by reapplycbpo View Post
        A lot of things have been said. What is true and what is false is what actually matters. As for limited GS-7 slots… absolutely false. I spoke to my supervisorand I happened to slip that question in while speaking to her. If an applicant qualifies for GS-7 that will be their starting pay. Point blank. Now it was not as if I was trying to challenge the SENIOR CBPO. I’m just going by the facts.
        Your sup needs remedials.

There are a limited number of funded GS-07 openings, especially as it relates to "off the street" hires. Not everybody who qualifies as a GS-07 gets a GS-07 offer, and many of the people who choose to only accept a GS-07 offer wait many extra months to forever because of that choice.

As far as pay goes...if you're a current federal(especially DHS) employee you may see pay matching. That's a different animal though.

Comment

• Originally posted by merlin436 View Post

There are a limited number of funded GS-07 openings, especially as it relates to "off the street" hires. Not everybody who qualifies as a GS-07 gets a GS-07 offer, and many of the people who choose to only accept a GS-07 offer wait many extra months to forever because of that choice.

As far as pay goes...if you're a current federal(especially DHS) employee you may see pay matching. That's a different animal though.
          Ahhhh, people always argue this one. I say just be happy if you get hired. You get 3 non-competitive promotions thereafter anyway. I got 6 yrs military and only got a 5, but didnt whine because military, college, etc. doesnt mean you know anymore than entry level about being a CBPO anyway.

Comment

• Originally posted by merlin436 View Post

So.... there is two TSU lines? One for GS 7 and one for GS 5?
            TO: 4/09/09
            Background: Met with BI on 6/18/09
            TSU: 6/11/09

Comment

• my cass is all checked off on, am i in TSU now??
              "Some people spend an entire lifetime wondering if they made a difference. The Marines don't have that problem." President Ronald Reagan.

Comment

• question can i use my GI bill while on OJT, and the academy??
                "Some people spend an entire lifetime wondering if they made a difference. The Marines don't have that problem." President Ronald Reagan.

Comment

• Originally posted by soto2635 View Post
                  question can i use my GI bill while on OJT, and the academy??
                  Yes you can. You have to find someone at your POE (like a veterans rep) or a knowledgeable sup, to get you the correct forms. And obviously you can never have used your GI Bill before. I've been saving mine in case i get hired back in.

Comment

my cass is all checked off on, am i in TSU now??
                    Yes, basically. Your screen will change to reflect that in a few days or so. But you're good to roll. Congrats!

Comment

• Originally posted by barnaj View Post
                      Ahhhh, people always argue this one. I say just be happy if you get hired. You get 3 non-competitive promotions thereafter anyway. I got 6 yrs military and only got a 5, but didnt whine because military, college, etc. doesnt mean you know anymore than entry level about being a CBPO anyway.
                      It is about $$. It costs more to hire you at the GS7 level, salary, retirement ect. Your qualifications must be verified, that takes time and money. If you say you will accept a 5 then they can get you in quicker, pay you less for the first year (important in training that you may flunk out of) and your OT is cheaper.

GS7 experience is closely Scrutinized, and that means that if you will only take a 7, you will wait, the jobs get filled with lower grades and you end up not entering until the next year. When you would be promoted to a GS7
                      Life is what happens while you are waiting for something better to come along.

Comment

• Originally posted by Khue View Post
                        So.... there is two TSU lines? One for GS 7 and one for GS 5?
                        As far as I know there is "one TSU line".

If you've made it to TSU you've past the hurdles of pre-employment.

Where GS-07 jams people up is:

One, in the TO. You can't get a TO for a GS-07 slot unless there is a GS-07 slot available.

and...

Two, in qualifications. Obviously it is more difficult to qualify for a GS-07 position than a GS-05. More difficult usually means greater scrutiny and a more deeper vetting of a person's quals. All that takes time, usually more time than qualifying for a GS-05.

Comment

Yes, basically. Your screen will change to reflect that in a few days or so. But you're good to roll. Congrats!
                          thanks! im want out of TSA asap!

Comment

Yes you can. You have to find someone at your POE (like a veterans rep) or a knowledgeable sup, to get you the correct forms. And obviously you can never have used your GI Bill before. I've been saving mine in case i get hired back in.
                            what do you mean never have had used it before? im using right now for school can you explain?

Comment

what do you mean never have had used it before? im using right now for school can you explain?
                              He means do you have any $$ left to collect. It is good money and free. Show me the money! Semper Fi Teufel.

Comment

• Originally posted by PureLife23 View Post
                                Anybody in FLETC Class 961 on July 23?
                                I don't recall my class number ; but those are my dates.

Comment

MR300x250 Tablet

Collapse

What's Going On

Collapse

There are currently 6525 users online. 298 members and 6227 guests.

Most users ever online was 19,482 at 11:44 AM on 09-29-2011.

Welcome Ad

Collapse
                                Working...
                                X