300x250 Mobile

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by girly View Post
    bumped out of tsu, have to take the new physical. Starting my practice so I can do it all. Still have to change my signature.
    Oh yeah, today's the day. Hopefully they will get back to speeding things up and schedule people for the October classes. I imagine thats why they are delaying.

Comment

• Originally posted by merlin436 View Post
      Other than the funding for 65 new CBPOs(there were close to 550 new positions last year) I don't think you'll see any effect. Things will go on as usual.
      Do you think it will jumpstart the hiring that has been going slow lately? From previous post I was under the impression that the scheduling unit was waiting for funds to be able to start hiring again.
      Last edited by blessed; 07-01-2009, 09:34 AM.

Comment

• Originally posted by barnaj View Post
        Oh yeah, today's the day. Hopefully they will get back to speeding things up and schedule people for the October classes. I imagine thats why they are delaying.
        With my luck, I'll get the call today to go and take the new fitness test. I sprained my ankle playing softball, of all things and the swelling has just went down. Nothing like cutting it close by risking getting injured doing something I probably shouldn't be doing in the first place. At least it's a church league.

On another note, I see you like to play at MGM. I was a pitboss at Motor City as well as Greektown. You ever play at those?
        Last edited by CMUnupe; 07-01-2009, 09:43 AM.
        Written Test: 3/08
        NOR: 4/08
        TO: 4/08
        Medical: 4/08
        Fitness: 6/08
        VBT: 6/08
        Met with investigator: 10/08
        Received NOPA: 11/08
        Won appeal: 3/09
        TSU: 4/23/09 (Michigan) pulled in May for fitness
        New fitness: 7/28/09
        Back in TSU: 8/3/09

Comment

• Originally posted by CMUnupe View Post
          With my luck, I'll get the call today to go and take the new fitness test. I sprained my ankle playing softball, of all things and the swelling has just went down. Nothing like cutting it close.

On another note, I see you like to play at MGM. I was a pitboss at Motorsh...y as well as Greektown. You ever play there?
          I've been to both but that was years ago. I like MGM. Anyway, i hear ya about the ankle. When in the process you gotta take it easy, for that reason. People say to workout non-stop and all that, and thats great until you break an ankle or blow out a knee and lose your fletc spot.

Comment

• Does anybody know how to get a hold of someone at TSU?

Comment

• Originally posted by girly View Post
              bumped out of tsu, have to take the new physical. Starting my practice so I can do it all. Still have to change my signature.
              What was the date on your fitness test. Mine expires in 3 weeks and they pulled me out this morning

Comment

• Originally posted by rjdispatch View Post
                What was the date on your fitness test. Mine expires in 3 weeks and they pulled me out this morning
                Naturally, today is the first day of the new fit requirements so they are gonna make anyone even close do that. Seems like a waste of money to me, but thats the way the gov't operates.

Comment

• Definitely a waste of money. Slows down the process even more than it already is for applicants. Like you said, it's how the government operates though.

Comment

• Originally posted by PL07 View Post
                    Definitely a waste of money. Slows down the process even more than it already is for applicants. Like you said, it's how the government operates though.
                    Yeah thats how they roll. I originally took my med and fit on the same day at the same clinic. When they expired, they scheduled my fit then my med like 3 weeks later. When i asked why they didnt do them together, they were like "oh we apologize that we overlooked that.".
                    Geez.

Comment

• Originally posted by rjdispatch View Post
                      I think I remember you from the delphi forum but I just cleared my background yesterday. It hasn't updated on cass yet but it said it was clear on the phone line. I was wondering if you knew how many people where ahead of you in tsu for Georgia? I know if you are pulled to retake medical or fitness and pass both, you go right back to your tsu date.
                      CBPO
                      Geo Pref:Georgia
                      NOR:3/07
                      T.O:10/08
                      1st TSU:6/09
                      2nd Fitness test:11/09
                      Credit pulled:4/10
                      2nd TSU:5/10
                      2nd Medical and 2nd drug test:3/11
                      2nd E-Quip and fingerprints:4/11
                      2nd Background Investigator:6/6/11
                      All green checks in Cass except background:in security office

Comment

• Originally posted by yoda View Post
                        It has been said that GS-7 qualification can be obtained if you word your experience correctly. Now saying that a SENIOR CBPO that helps out applicants in this board is not telling the "Truth" is wrong. It has been said repeatedly that GS-7 slots are limited, but it only counts as to your TO being sent out and actually providing proof for your Qualifications, if not you're better off taking GS-5... in any case by the time you get back from training it'll only be a few months for you to get to 7.
                        Now I'll get back into my corner and let all of you keep posting!....
                        A lot of things have been said. What is true and what is false is what actually matters. As for limited GS-7 slots… absolutely false. I spoke to my supervisorand I happened to slip that question in while speaking to her. If an applicant qualifies for GS-7 that will be their starting pay. Point blank. Now it was not as if I was trying to challenge the SENIOR CBPO. I’m just going by the facts.
                        CBP florida

Comment

• There are a limited number of positions with GS-7 pay. If you have the necessary credentials for GS-7, you definitely qualify for that pay but since the number of spots around the country are limited, there is more competition. You will have to wait longer for a position to open up. Most just take a pay decrease and take a GS-5 offer so they can start earlier. They will eventually read the GS-7 pay in a small amount of time anyways.
                          Last edited by PL07; 07-01-2009, 01:30 PM.

Comment

• Wth!!!!

I received a NOPA in April. I quickly responded back with the explanations on what they were inquiring about. Today I recieved yet another NOPA?!?!?! I mean really?!?!? Merlin, Barnaj, Yoda...have any idea or insight on 2 NOPA's???

Comment

• Originally posted by meskismcbp View Post
                              I received a NOPA in April. I quickly responded back with the explanations on what they were inquiring about. Today I recieved yet another NOPA?!?!?! I mean really?!?!? Merlin, Barnaj, Yoda...have any idea or insight on 2 NOPA's???
                              Sorry to hear that brother!...
                              Apparently they took a look at your file once again and said to themselves "hey I don't like this either"... or it was a higher up that brought it up once your file was sent up the chain. Either way all we can do is respond to it and wait. Here I am still waiting... I even had to send in "forms" I had done previously last week!... The third time that I have had to fill out, make copies, and get printed by PD, and sent forms in!!!... HR told me it was IA that requested them to "begin my BI", and IA told me HR had placed my application on hold (not that they asked for them)... most likely someone at HR lost my "forms", I GUESS!...
                              Seriously,
                              I have given up on any rhyme or reason for any of the steps and how they do things, in my case it has been extremely ridiculous, I am currently pursuing other options to which I will know by next week if I get in or not.
                              So if CBP comes calling, and with my luck it'll be in the middle of my training, I don't know what will happen.

It is what it is, just respond to it, and hope for the best!...
                              CBPO
                              Written: 08/29/2007
                              EOD: July 11, 2011

Comment

• Originally posted by TopFlightInGA View Post
                                I think I remember you from the delphi forum but I just cleared my background yesterday. It hasn't updated on cass yet but it said it was clear on the phone line. I was wondering if you knew how many people where ahead of you in tsu for Georgia? I know if you are pulled to retake medical or fitness and pass both, you go right back to your tsu date.
                                Yeah I talked to TSU the other day and they said that the first person in front of me had a date of Mar30th....and I know of someone else with a date of Apr10th...mine is the Apr 17th...so HOPEFULLY there are only two people ahead of me. They also said that they put you back in TSU according to your original date that you were taken out.

Comment

MR300x250 Tablet

Collapse

What's Going On

Collapse

There are currently 5829 users online. 257 members and 5572 guests.

Most users ever online was 19,482 at 11:44 AM on 09-29-2011.

Welcome Ad

Collapse
                                Working...
                                X