Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by shawal16 View Post
    If there is no listing that means your score hasn't been uploading
    My scores never showed up on Application Manager. Nothing ever showed up on there. Only on CASS

Comment

• Originally posted by matyoka View Post
      GREAT NEWS !!!!!!!

As of March 26th, Enhanced Retirement for CBP Officers is final as signed by Bush. No bulll****, no vetoing, no more CBP does not deserve 6C. Retirement packets will be sent out to each and all of us starting next month. Wanted to attach the email, but too big for an attachment.

Does this also mean they will be getting a GL pay grade instead of the GS? This is great news btw!

Comment

• Current information posted on the agency website (internal) says nothing about the GL pay grade. In fact, it says nothing with your base pay, premium pay, or overtime will change, only the retirement package. This is being sold as "Enhanced Retirement" "Similar to the retirement package of other law enforcement officers." etc. etc... I you are over 37 you must EOD prior to July6, 2008 or you are out of the running.

Comment

• The way understand it, you only need a TO bfore July, if your over 37 years old.

Comment

• Originally posted by cjrudy View Post
            The way understand it, you only need a TO bfore July, if your over 37 years old.
            You need to be 'onboard' by 7/5 - which means have an Enter-on-Duty date of 7/5 or prior to beat the age 37 cutoff. Keep in mind your FLETC date may be after that, as they usually bring people on 30 days prior to going to Glynco (although that's been less lately).

Jeff.

Comment

• Originally posted by vsgonzo
              This is my first post guys...
              This is your 6th posting
              sigpic

Comment

• Originally posted by mach1engines View Post
                Does this also mean they will be getting a GL pay grade instead of the GS? This is great news btw!
                This means that you will be able to retire after 20 years like any other firearm carying, law enforcing, uniform(or not) wearing person. It's a good start... it took the Congress 40 years to give it to us. It only can get better from here on.
                sigpic

Comment

• Got my Enhanced Retirement Package 5 minutes ago and NO, we stay at GS.

First paragraph reads:

"As a result of Public law 110-161, Section 535 of Division E, enhanced retirement coverage, similar to that of other Federal Law Enforcement officers, is being made available to you effective July 6, 2008"

Third paragraph describes:

"... It also does not affect your overtime pay or premium pay."
                  Last edited by matyoka; 04-03-2008, 02:08 PM.
                  sigpic

Comment

• well, Gonzo... there are some great postings about CBPO vs BPA. Describes money, describes the job differences. Depends on what you want to be when you grow up... If I was you and I had a 14 as a father, would not think twice about getting into ICE 1811.

Do you want to brake down doors, investigate, steak-outs, wear civilian clothing ???=ICE SA

Do you want to protect the border 24/7, rain or shine, hot or cold, greenish uniform ???=BPA

It's hard to give you advice if your main interes is MONEY. I don't know what kind of lifestyle are you accustomed to. CBPOs can make $80k after a few years but same with Border Patrol Agents and Special Agents...
                    Last edited by matyoka; 04-03-2008, 02:32 PM.
                    sigpic

Comment

• Every job application takes long time no matter what you decide. Be ready to wait at least 12 months for any of the jobs listed in your post. Unless you have an offer allready... If you don't mind me asking, how old are you?
                      sigpic

Comment

• Well congrats and seems that you have some good opportunities knocking on your door.
                        sigpic

Comment

• I'm finished with everything except my Background.
                          "Background Investigation pending Your case is in the security office" It has been pending forever....... No contact from them either... None of my contacts have told me they have been contacted yet.

Comment

• Originally posted by matyoka View Post
                            ... and bigger calliber.
                            so it is the p2000 .40?

Comment

• Originally posted by Ry greve View Post
                              so it is the p2000 .40?

Yup.
                              Don't tase me bro!!

Comment

• Originally posted by Kingcol View Post
                                I'm finished with everything except my Background.
                                "Background Investigation pending Your case is in the security office" It has been pending forever....... No contact from them either... None of my contacts have told me they have been contacted yet.
                                same as you bro, when did you test?
                                CBPO
                                Test-11/07, T.O. 1/08 (WA)
                                Med/Fit-completed 1/08
                                Forms/Drug/VBT-completed 2/08
                                Quals-completed 6/08
                                BI-completed 8/08
                                Referred to Schedule EOD 8/15/08

The Call-9/29/08
                                Start-10/14/08
                                FLETC-11/13/08

CBPI-911

Comment

MR300x250 Tablet

Collapse

What's Going On

Collapse

There are currently 8489 users online. 215 members and 8274 guests.

Most users ever online was 19,482 at 12:44 PM on 09-29-2011.

Welcome Ad

Collapse
                                Working...
                                X