Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by USMC0844 View Post
    Sammy-

Going to be hard to say and I would assume that determination would be addressed once you get to medical. I think that two things you mentioned really stand out. 1) The immune system - have to think hard about what you will be coming in contact with. People and goods from other countries. If the doc gives you the go ahead, I don't see where there would be a problem. 2) Anxiety meds - this is the one that I would think would be looked at hardest. You will be placed in stressful situations with a loaded weapon. I think that they will want a lot of details about the when’s had whys on this one before they clear you. Not saying that they will not clear you, but they will look at it extra hard.

Yeah, I realize that with the immune system problems, I would have to be carefull, I have been taking precautions my whole life, I would be sure to wear gloves and what not. You really figure as long as my doc said it's fine I wouldnt have a problem?? I know he will so hopefully thats the case. As far as the meds go, I had issues with panic attacks a few years a go, but they were just something that came and went, I never did anything harmfull or crazy or anything, I just had like a feeling of worry for no reason for like fifteen minutes or so, and then it was gone, I can deal with stress, my cousin is actually on anxiety meds for the same reason, he was cleared with no problem and has been an active cbp officer for about a year and half or so now. Another issue that I know my doc would clear me for. So I really hope these issues don't hurt me, I really want this job. Thank you for your response, I appreciate the information.

Comment

• Originally posted by 2g2gn View Post
      Thanks Thek9.

Funny, I received same above email an hour ago.
      Me too. We must be close to taking it. It's about time.

I gotta send in my resume and transcripts for IEA. Didn't get my NOR,but the email said I passed the test, so no complaining from me.
      Written Test: 3/08
      NOR: 4/08
      TO: 4/08
      Medical: 4/08
      Fitness: 6/08
      VBT: 6/08
      Met with investigator: 10/08
      Received NOPA: 11/08
      Won appeal: 3/09
      TSU: 4/23/09 (Michigan) pulled in May for fitness
      New fitness: 7/28/09
      Back in TSU: 8/3/09

Comment

• Originally posted by soto2635 View Post
        well i got a call from MHC asking about my time in the military, they told me i qualified for gs-7 yesterday they call me and tell me im one month short of expercise for gs-7 so now i have to start at gs-5 WTF?
        ok so know that im a gs-5 what step will i be??
        "Some people spend an entire lifetime wondering if they made a difference. The Marines don't have that problem." President Ronald Reagan.

Comment

• Originally posted by CMUnupe View Post
          Me too. We must be close to taking it. It's about time.

I gotta send in my resume and transcripts for IEA. Didn't get my NOR,but the email said I passed the test, so no complaining from me.
          Anyone who's BI is still pending receive that e-mail?

Comment

• I got that email regarding the physical as well but my physical doesn't expire until October. Why would I get that email, any ideas?

Comment

• Originally posted by pendingville View Post
              I got that email regarding the physical as well but my physical doesn't expire until October. Why would I get that email, any ideas?
              Mine doesn't expire 'till Jan. and I got it so it's probably sent out to everyone.
              You shut your mouth when you're talking to me!

Comment

ok so know that im a gs-5 what step will i be??
                Unless you are transfering from another federal position, you will be a GS-5 step 1.

Comment

• how many people per FLETC class?

Comment

• davidB.

Le gra'sta De' a Theim.
                    Galic: By The Grace Of God Go I.

Comment

• Originally posted by rbakous1 View Post
                      Anyone who's BI is still pending receive that e-mail?
                      Yes, it went out to all applicants in the process.

Comment

• Originally posted by madchiken View Post
                        Unless you are transfering from another federal position, you will be a GS-5 step 1.
                        i would be transfering over from TSA
                        "Some people spend an entire lifetime wondering if they made a difference. The Marines don't have that problem." President Ronald Reagan.

Comment

i would be transfering over from TSA
                          They should pay match.

If you were on the GS pay scale they would match the base pay of your current grade and step, minus locality pay. Coming from TSA paybanding...I don't know. They should pay match your base pay...however that's figured in your case.

Comment

• Originally posted by merlin436 View Post
                            They should pay match.

If you were on the GS pay scale they would match the base pay of your current grade and step, minus locality pay. Coming from TSA paybanding...I don't know. They should pay match your base pay...however that's figured in your case.
                            thanks

Comment

• Originally posted by buenhec
                              So who here, would leave a high hour, high stress job making over 90k, with a car allowance, lots of political BS with a dwindling 401k and an uncertain future to go to CBP or ICE and start as a GS5, carry a gun, retire in 20 and have a pretty secure job in todays market.
                              I'm in! I don't quite make 90, but I will be taking a pay cut. Beats dealing with the cable industry and the people involved. We all know its really just about carrying the gun!

Comment

• Originally posted by luckycharms View Post
                                We all know its really just about carrying the gun!

Comment

MR300x250 Tablet

Collapse

What's Going On

Collapse

There are currently 9930 users online. 462 members and 9468 guests.

Most users ever online was 19,482 at 11:44 AM on 09-29-2011.

Welcome Ad

Collapse
                                Working...
                                X