300x250 Mobile

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by NJNJ View Post
    Once you take the CBPO test, does the test ever expire? I took the test last July and used my old score to reapply under the last announcement and changed my geo location. I know all my meds,physical,etc expire but the test always stays active?
    Only if they change the exam. I used the same test score i used in 2006.

Comment

• How would I know if they change the exam?

Comment

• Originally posted by NJNJ View Post
        How would I know if they change the exam?
        They would probably tell you if you had to retake it. Dont sweat it.

Comment

• Thanks.... Barnaj

Comment

• well i got a call from MHC asking about my time in the military, they told me i qualified for gs-7 yesterday they call me and tell me im one month short of expercise for gs-7 so now i have to start at gs-5 WTF?
            "Some people spend an entire lifetime wondering if they made a difference. The Marines don't have that problem." President Ronald Reagan.

Comment

• Hey guys, i'm new to this forum. I took the written on 4/28/09, I got my test results in the second week of June. I scored an 89. Anybody know where this is probably gonna put me. I have never been arrested or done drugs, I have good credit, im training and should'nt have a problem passing the new physical test, my only concern is I have problems with my immune system, and have had several surgeries, I have no restrictions at all and will be cleared by my doc to work this job, and i am ready, willing, and able, is my health past, gonna matter?? I'm also on bp meds and anxiety meds. I just wanna know how many they will be hiring, i took the test for the buffalo region and was wondering if anyone knew my chances, and how long it may take. Thank you.

Comment

• 2g2gd,

http://www.cbp.gov/linkhandler/cgov/...po_fitness.pdf

Have a nice day.
                Le gra'sta De' a Theim.
                Galic: By The Grace Of God Go I.

Comment

• Originally posted by sammy1984 View Post
                  Hey guys, i'm new to this forum. I took the written on 4/28/09, I got my test results in the second week of June. I scored an 89. Anybody know where this is probably gonna put me. I have never been arrested or done drugs, I have good credit, im training and should'nt have a problem passing the new physical test, my only concern is I have problems with my immune system, and have had several surgeries, I have no restrictions at all and will be cleared by my doc to work this job, and i am ready, willing, and able, is my health past, gonna matter?? I'm also on bp meds and anxiety meds. I just wanna know how many they will be hiring, i took the test for the buffalo region and was wondering if anyone knew my chances, and how long it may take. Thank you.
                  Sammy-

Going to be hard to say and I would assume that determination would be addressed once you get to medical. I think that two things you mentioned really stand out. 1) The immune system - have to think hard about what you will be coming in contact with. People and goods from other countries. If the doc gives you the go ahead, I don't see where there would be a problem. 2) Anxiety meds - this is the one that I would think would be looked at hardest. You will be placed in stressful situations with a loaded weapon. I think that they will want a lot of details about the when’s had whys on this one before they clear you. Not saying that they will not clear you, but they will look at it extra hard.
                  CBPO East Texas
                  TO: 3/3/09
                  Pre-Emp Forms: 3/26/09
                  Fitness: 4/6/09 -Passed
                  Medical: 4/6/09 -Passed
                  VBT: 4/7/09 -Passed
                  Quals: (GS-7) 4/10/09 -Verified
                  Drug Test: 4/17/09 -Passed
                  BI: 8/27/09 -Cleared
                  TSU: 8/27/09
                  FCRA: 05/19/10
                  BI Update: 6/16/10

Comment

• Just got this email from MHC

The purpose of this letter is to inform you of changes related to the position of Customs and Border Protection Officer (CBPO) for which you have received a conditional offer of employment with U.S. Customs and Border Protection. You may have already successfully completed some of the pre-employment requirements including the fitness test, but a firm offer is contingent on successful completion of all pre-employment requirements.

If you successfully complete all pre-employment requirements and are appointed to a CBPO position, you will attend a 15 week training course at the CBP Officer Training Academy. During your training at the academy, you will be expected to fully participate in a number of vigorous training activities which will include defensive tactics, daily physical fitness training programs, and regular fitness testing and assessment activities. Physical training activities include: warm-ups, calisthenics, flexibility training, partner assisted stretching techniques, cardiovascular conditioning, running on roads and trails, spinning classes, resistance training (using both free weights and machines) and hitting and striking activities. These physical training activities will be conducted both indoors, in state of the art athletic facilities, and outdoors on fields, tracks and roadways. Often times, this training is conducted under hot and humid conditions.

In an effort to better prepare CBP Officers to be successful in performing their duties a new fitness test has been developed to be a better indicator of success at the academy. The new fitness test will be implemented on July 1, 2009; all applicants who have not taken their fitness test or who need to repeat their fitness test will be given the new fitness test. Fitness test results are valid for one year, if you do not enter on duty within one year of taking your fitness test, you will be required to repeat the test. The fitness test will include a (1) push up test, (2) sit-up test, (3) side step test, (4) a lift/lower test (50 pounds), and (5) a 5-minute cardiovascular endurance step test.

We urge you to take advantage of the time needed to complete all of the pre-appointment requirements to ensure that you get in shape and stay in shape - regardless of your current level of conditioning so that you will be adequately prepared for the rigorous fitness program at the CBP Officer Training Academy. For more information on the fitness test and training at the academy, we highly recommend that you review the following resources on the CBP website (by clicking on each of the titles below you will be directed to each resource).

So basically if you med fit has expired or you haven't taken it yet you will need to take the new fitness test.

Comment

• Got that same email, but that info has been out for a while now on here in the last 20 pages or so.

Comment

• Thanks Thek9.

Funny, I received same above email an hour ago.

Comment

• So lemme get this straight!!!!!

Originally posted by imlikeaninja View Post
                          Just got this email from MHC

The purpose of this letter is to inform you of changes related to the position of Customs and Border Protection Officer (CBPO) for which you have received a conditional offer of employment with U.S. Customs and Border Protection. You may have already successfully completed some of the pre-employment requirements including the fitness test, but a firm offer is contingent on successful completion of all pre-employment requirements.

If you successfully complete all pre-employment requirements and are appointed to a CBPO position, you will attend a 15 week training course at the CBP Officer Training Academy. During your training at the academy, you will be expected to fully participate in a number of vigorous training activities which will include defensive tactics, daily physical fitness training programs, and regular fitness testing and assessment activities. Physical training activities include: warm-ups, calisthenics, flexibility training, partner assisted stretching techniques, cardiovascular conditioning, running on roads and trails, spinning classes, resistance training (using both free weights and machines) and hitting and striking activities. These physical training activities will be conducted both indoors, in state of the art athletic facilities, and outdoors on fields, tracks and roadways. Often times, this training is conducted under hot and humid conditions.

In an effort to better prepare CBP Officers to be successful in performing their duties a new fitness test has been developed to be a better indicator of success at the academy. The new fitness test will be implemented on July 1, 2009; all applicants who have not taken their fitness test or who need to repeat their fitness test will be given the new fitness test. Fitness test results are valid for one year, if you do not enter on duty within one year of taking your fitness test, you will be required to repeat the test. The fitness test will include a (1) push up test, (2) sit-up test, (3) side step test, (4) a lift/lower test (50 pounds), and (5) a 5-minute cardiovascular endurance step test.

We urge you to take advantage of the time needed to complete all of the pre-appointment requirements to ensure that you get in shape and stay in shape - regardless of your current level of conditioning so that you will be adequately prepared for the rigorous fitness program at the CBP Officer Training Academy. For more information on the fitness test and training at the academy, we highly recommend that you review the following resources on the CBP website (by clicking on each of the titles below you will be directed to each resource).

So basically if you med fit has expired or you haven't taken it yet you will need to take the new fitness test.
                          Are those who already took/passed the LIFT TEST, STAND/KNEEL and STEP TEST before July 1st have to retake the test in accordance with the new test??? Adding the PUSH UP, SIT UP, SIDE STEP and taking away the STAND KNEEL test???

Comment

• Originally posted by meskismcbp View Post
                            Are those who already took/passed the LIFT TEST, STAND/KNEEL and STEP TEST before July 1st have to retake the test in accordance with the new test??? Adding the PUSH UP, SIT UP, SIDE STEP and taking away the STAND KNEEL test???
                            Nope, only if your fit test expires before you get hired.

Comment

• Originally posted by barnaj View Post
                              Nope, only if your fit test expires before you get hired.
                              SWEEET!!!! Thanks agian BARNAJ!!!!

Comment

• From the looks of it, the new hiring fitness standard isn't all that much tougher than the old one.

We all get weeks, months, or sometimes years between the time we decided to test originally and the scheduling of the fitness test. If you use that time wisely and intensely work at getting into shape...passing the fitness test and the new physical standards at the academy shouldn't be much of a problem.

Comment

MR300x250 Tablet

Collapse

What's Going On

Collapse

There are currently 4930 users online. 196 members and 4734 guests.

Most users ever online was 19,482 at 12:44 PM on 09-29-2011.

Welcome Ad

Collapse
                                Working...
                                X