300x250 Mobile

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• further nopa dilemma

my nopa was dated june 4. i paid off the debts they are questioning but, i do not think i will have the pay-off letters in time to send along with my nopa response. obviously they will want proof that i paid stuff off. do i just explain that and say i will send the pay off letters as soon as i get them? i dont want to screw up my chances.

Comment

• Originally posted by jflores View Post
      congrats to me.....i have made it to day 200 in TSU.

i got a package in the mail and it was a T-shirt that says
      " I made it to day 200 in TSU and all i have to show is this lousy T-shirt"

THANKS TSU.

(JUST JOKING ABOUT THE SHIRT BY THE WAY)
      First, I like to thank moderator for approving my membership (did not get positive feedback on the first try)
      Second, welcome all, and if for any moment anyone thinks that 60-90 days in TSU is loooong, think again. It has been over 270days since I completed all steps, and were place in TSU. Over 9 months, waiting for a spot in NJ.

Jflores, what is your TSU date?

Comment

• Originally posted by Khue View Post
        Finally I can post!!! Its been a long time. I had to create three accounts in order to get one with permission to post.

Hi I am Khue, first time poster, long time reader. I am addicted to this website.

Anyways, I took the test on 2/27/09, and recently referred in TSU since 6/11/09 for Northern Washington Border. However, my background investigation is still on going, weird... Thanks for all the info.
        Wow now that is QUICK if you just tested on 2/27 when did you get your TO? Just curious.
        CBPO
        Test: July 2008
        TO: 12/26/08
        VBT 1/21/09-passed
        Medical - 1/21/09 - cleared 4/28
        Fitness - 1/21/09 - passed
        Drug test - 2/5/09- passed
        BI - Cleared
        TSU -4/29/09 (Buffalo)
        BI2 - cleared 8/11

ICE Special Agent
        Test 7/22/09 passed

Comment

• Originally posted by MarineSniper21 View Post
          I took the test on May 13, 2009 in El Paso TX. I received my NOR on July 2nd. My GEO is West TX, NM I am hoping for El Paso. Does anyone know if they need people in El Paso?

Im in the same area. And yes I am very sure that they need people here. The bridges here are just insane sometimes.
          CBPO
          Written: ~06-08
          T.O.: 3-09
          Pre-employment forms: 3-09 Completed
          Fitness: 4-09 Completed
          Medical: 4-09 Completed
          VBT: 3-09 Completed
          Drug test: 3-09 Completed
          Quals: 4-09 Completed
          B.I.: 08-06-09 Completed
          Geo Pref: SW - Texas/NM (Took El Paso, TX)
          TSU:08-07-09
          EOD:08-17-09
          FLETC:Sept 10 - Dec 30

"While watching you through the scope of my rifle, all I can say is: "You can run but you WILL die tired""

Comment

• Originally posted by bflogirl View Post
            Wow now that is QUICK if you just tested on 2/27 when did you get your TO? Just curious.
            I believe I got my TO about a month later, first week of April. The irony is that I wish they did it slower because my wife is expecting and she is due in September. I hate jumping medical insurance during that time. However, my background investigation is still on going, but I was referred to TSU. If I do get a call today or sometime next month, I probably ask them to postpone me until my background is fully completed. Hopefully it will be complete by the time our son is born. It's kinda nerve racking knowing you have family to feed and failing the academy is on my mind. I have a pretty good job and it is stable, but I do dreaming of this type of work. Anybody in this situation? How are you dealing with the what ifs?
            TO: 4/09/09
            Background: Met with BI on 6/18/09
            TSU: 6/11/09

Comment

• Maybe Merlin or someone else can comment on why we are not allowed to take our service weapon to the range during off duty hours?

I heard because some A-hole expected to be paid OT if he/she decided to go shoot off duty.
              What if quotas did exist?!

Comment

• Originally posted by ExSDSO View Post
                Maybe Merlin or someone else can comment on why we are not allowed to take our service weapon to the range during off duty hours?

I heard because some A-hole expected to be paid OT if he/she decided to go shoot off duty.
                What in the world are you talking about?

Comment

• Originally posted by OZ-82 View Post
                  rivea176;

My wife's cousin-cousin by his father side is a CBPO who recently graduated sometime in March this year he is station in Port of Miami also sometimes at the Miami Int'l airport when they have any special operations going on. Anyway We don't see him often but when there is any get together by my wife's family I usually see him and yesterday was one of those days who I had a chance to sit down and we chat for a while. At least from him we get some type of an answer of what he might know about what is going on with Miami and Florida slots. He has no idea about any of the other locations in florida but he sure promise that he has heard from his Supervisors that new slots will be open after October for upcoming graduates and new candidates who are in the process as we speak. Maybe this may not reflect us right now but those who are in TSU waiting or ahead of us but we sure have a chance by begining of next year after more slots will be held for future graduates. They have pleanty of slots to filled in the airport and seaport area. Just want to let any of us out there who are waiting for a TO for any were in florida that we do have a chance and have hope we get that letter, might take a while but there is a chance after all.

That's great...I just keep training...
                  CBPO
                  TEST: 4/28/2009
                  NOR:5/28/2009 97
                  TO: ????

Comment

Maybe Merlin or someone else can comment on why we are not allowed to take our service weapon to the range during off duty hours?

That would be it.

Unless you guys have a CBP range, who at the range would know or care what CBP policy is?

Comment

That's a port thing. We are not only allowed but are encouraged to shoot off duty with out duty gun. We are expected to pay for ammo, which is a little lame, but still.

Funny story along those lines though. We were just recently issued cleaning kits. So after range, most people just roll out and clean their guns at home in front of the tv like I do. Well sure as heck some idiot put in a OT ticket for cleaning his gun at home even though we are given time to clean at the range with their very nice cleaning facilities.

Comment

• khue... did u do the medical,fitness test and drug test? just wondering
                        CBPO

Comment

• Originally posted by anthony30 View Post
                          khue... did u do the medical,fitness test and drug test? just wondering
                          I did. I passed them all. Nothing like taking a day off work to go to your medical exam and VBT afterward. Though, the EKG test scared me a bit. I thought they disqualify me but I guess I was stressing during the heart monitor test. They found irregular heart beat. They suggest I talk to my doctor about it, but other than that they cleared me. They referred me to TSU, but currently doing a background on me. I had an interview with the BI last Thursday. I am not sure how long it will take to fully clear me. I don't want to go to the academy without fully being cleared.
                          TO: 4/09/09
                          Background: Met with BI on 6/18/09
                          TSU: 6/11/09

Comment

• If most of us process would move as smoothly and quick like yours did. I just have to say you been very fortunate. BEST OF LUCK!
                            CBPO-MIA/FL
                            Written: 4/30/09
                            NOR: 6/01/09 (82%)
                            TO: pending

Comment

• Day 42 in TSU for LAX/LB

Every tuesday is another week in waiting...

Comment

• Originally posted by davidB. View Post
                                Day 42 in TSU for LAX/LB

Every tuesday is another week in waiting...
                                David

Put your mind on something else first!!! we all know what's going on.. is a waiting game.... find some hobby to do... like go surfing!!!

Comment

MR300x250 Tablet

Collapse

What's Going On

Collapse

There are currently 8476 users online. 422 members and 8054 guests.

Most users ever online was 19,482 at 11:44 AM on 09-29-2011.

Welcome Ad

Collapse
                                Working...
                                X