Collapse

300x250 Mobile

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• currently @ FLETC...there is now WIFI in all the dorms!

That's the good news! bad news is 9 CBP classes have been canceled for the year and supposedly a hiring freeze til next year.

Comment

• Originally posted by UofU76 View Post
      I totally agree. No argument from me. I am just pointing out the reality of the situation for myself and some others. The TSU line is long, getting longer, and being in TSU doesn't mean what it used to. It's just a numbers game. By the time hiring starts back up, they can't give all of us the green light at once. It's got to be gradual, it's got to be at a rate that FLETC can handle. (Whatever that may be, I believe Merlin once had some numbers on classes, how many there were a year and how many recruits were taken) It looks like the TSU line easily goes into 2010. I don’t see SF/Oak taking all of us that are in TSU for SF/Oak between now and December, way too many of us. I believe I will be very lucky to get in before 2010.
      78 days in TSU!!
      Do I get anything when I hit 90 days?
      That would be 48 trainees to a class and anywhere between 65 to 90+ classes a year, depending on the needs of the agency. It's not odd to see two classes start in the same week or have 15+ different classes running at FLETC, each at different points along the Academy.

Seriously, I think you are way over-reaching. A 6-month back-up in TSU may mean 108 people in front of you... or 8. SF/OAK take on 3 new trainees between now and December...or 30. There's no way to know. I doubt that even the average worker bee at MHC knows.

My GUESS...
      CBP plugs along for the next 8 weeks or so, mostly filling slots at the smaller and more needy secondary ports. Expect roughly 300-400 hires in the next 2 months...for mostly places like Morgan, MT, Skagway, AK, Pine Creek, MN and maybe a few smaller inner cities like Sioux Falls, SD, Kansas City, MO, etc. Then come the middle of August look for CBP to hire roughly 100 per week for the largest "name" ports. Expect that to continue until at least June of '10.

Comment

• Originally posted by Kneeo View Post
        currently @ FLETC...there is now WIFI in all the dorms!

That's the good news! bad news is 9 CBP classes have been canceled for the year and supposedly a hiring freeze til next year.
        it's about damn time... nothing like sitting in the mosquito porch on a sunday @ the gbar getting wifi... or outside in your car in the lot...

Comment

• Is Anybody Else Going To Fletc On July 23???

CBPO
          * EXAM: 3/3/09
          * NOR: 3/9/09 (95%)
          * TO: MID APRIL
          * PRE-EMPLOYMENT FORMS: 4/16/09COMPLETED
          * MEDICAL/PHYSICAL: 5/1/09 COMPLETED
          * DRUG TEST: 5/14/09 COMPLETED
          * VBT: 6/15/09 :COMPLETED
          *QUALIFICATION: 5/28/09 (GS-7) COMPLETED
          *BI: 6/11/09 COMPLETED
          *!!THE CALL!!: 6/16/09
          *EOD: 6/29/09

*FLETC: CLASS 961 7/23 - 11/04

BPA
          *EXAM: 4/16/09 (86%)
          *TO: ???

ICE IEA
          *EXAM: 6/11/09 PASSED (Not interested anymore )

Comment

• Dorms

Awesome to hear about the wifi.

Does anyone know what the dorms are like? Is it 1 person to a room or is it like college where 2 or 3 people share a tiny little room?

Comment

• Originally posted by Gbeck422 View Post
              Awesome to hear about the wifi.

Does anyone know what the dorms are like? Is it 1 person to a room or is it like college where 2 or 3 people share a tiny little room?
              At the TAJ building 185 186 187 you may or may not have 2 to a room sharing a bathroom. At the dorms/rooms near the student center and cafeteria you could have your own room and share a bathroom. These rooms have some wifi access, building 185 186 187 had none when I was there, could have changed....
              What if quotas did exist?!

Comment

• mutherf!?

Originally posted by Kneeo View Post

..wait, what !?!?
                Timelines:

CBPO
                App: 2/12/09
                Geo: Revised; CA Long Beach, San Bernardino, L.A.
                Written: 2/20/09
                NOR: 3/2/09 (81 no vet pref.)
                TO: ? (reached my 37th bday 9/09)

IEA
                App: 5/5/09
                Geo: San Diego
                Written: 6/5/09 (75.8 no vet pref.)
                NOR: 7/20/09
                Faxed Documents: 7/7/09
                TO: 10/6/09
                Mailed Documents: 10/16/09
                Oral Interview: 12/02/09 Passed

BPA
                Geo: SW Border-El Centro/San Diego Area
                App: 8/17/10
                Written: 10/6 Passed (73 w/ no vet pref.)
                TO: 11/10/10 (pre emp forms due 11/22)

Comment

• Originally posted by merlin436 View Post
                  That would be 48 trainees to a class and anywhere between 65 to 90+ classes a year, depending on the needs of the agency. It's not odd to see two classes start in the same week or have 15+ different classes running at FLETC, each at different points along the Academy.

Seriously, I think you are way over-reaching. A 6-month back-up in TSU may mean 108 people in front of you... or 8. SF/OAK take on 3 new trainees between now and December...or 30. There's no way to know. I doubt that even the average worker bee at MHC knows.

My GUESS...
                  CBP plugs along for the next 8 weeks or so, mostly filling slots at the smaller and more needy secondary ports. Expect roughly 300-400 hires in the next 2 months...for mostly places like Morgan, MT, Skagway, AK, Pine Creek, MN and maybe a few smaller inner cities like Sioux Falls, SD, Kansas City, MO, etc. Then come the middle of August look for CBP to hire roughly 100 per week for the largest "name" ports. Expect that to continue until at least June of '10.
                  Thanks for chiming in. I really hope you are right and I really want to be wrong on this one.

Comment

• Originally posted by Kneeo View Post

See, this is the stuff that's making me think 2010.

Comment

• Originally posted by JDNoble81 View Post
                      My CASS says this: A clinic has been assigned for your fitness test. You will be contacted to schedule your examination.

Thats BS. I called the clinic which is CHS. They told me that they haven't been notified yet. I called CBP Medical Unit and the lady said ignore CASS. Awesome.

We have the same timeline? You're a March 2008 tester too? When'd you get your TO?
                      I'm a March 08 tester too. I got my TO May 08.

Comment

• I seriously don't think there's a "hiring freeze." If there was, I wouldn't have gotten hired earlier this week.

CBPO
                        * EXAM: 3/3/09
                        * NOR: 3/9/09 (95%)
                        * TO: MID APRIL
                        * PRE-EMPLOYMENT FORMS: 4/16/09COMPLETED
                        * MEDICAL/PHYSICAL: 5/1/09 COMPLETED
                        * DRUG TEST: 5/14/09 COMPLETED
                        * VBT: 6/15/09 :COMPLETED
                        *QUALIFICATION: 5/28/09 (GS-7) COMPLETED
                        *BI: 6/11/09 COMPLETED
                        *!!THE CALL!!: 6/16/09
                        *EOD: 6/29/09

*FLETC: CLASS 961 7/23 - 11/04

BPA
                        *EXAM: 4/16/09 (86%)
                        *TO: ???

ICE IEA
                        *EXAM: 6/11/09 PASSED (Not interested anymore )

Comment

• Here;s a follow-up to my BI drama...
                          I spoke to my adjudicator on Tues. morning and told her all about the 212(a)9(b) INS law deal.She sounded suprised! Then she asked me to fax it to her so that she can show her supervisor (he put the big DENIED stamp on my file).So I asked for a day off work so that I could do just that.The day after I faxed it (friday) I called again and she said she wanted a couple more of my wife's docs to present it to her boss.She'll be getting that on Tuesday. She sounded pretty optimistic about the whole deal. Wish me luck and thanks ALOT for helping me out !!!!! I owe you guys a beer.

Comment

• Originally posted by merlin436 View Post
                            My GUESS...
                            Considering that it seems like back at the end of last year when I was still waiting for my own fortunes to come around, they had a few class strictly dedicated to the bigger ports it seemed like (I swear they had half a class going to OAK/SFO as well as huge nu.mbers for LA/Long Beach
                            "Officer, you are kinda hot."

"And you are kinda intoxicated."

Comment

• I took the test in april, got an 80 on the test, how long do you think it takes to move to the next step?

Comment

• Paul,
                                It varies, could be a month to a year before the next step (T.O.) depends on many factors, how many slots your geo needs filled/ funding, who tested above your score of an 80. In my case it was 2.5 months after my test that I received a T.O.
                                Written: 12-11-08
                                Medical: 3-28-09 Pending
                                B.I.: 5-21-09 pending

Comment

MR300x250 Tablet

Collapse

What's Going On

Collapse

There are currently 10791 users online. 522 members and 10269 guests.

Most users ever online was 19,482 at 11:44 AM on 09-29-2011.

Welcome Ad

Collapse
                                Working...
                                X