Leader

Collapse

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

CBP officer

Collapse

300x250 Mobile

Collapse
X
 
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
new posts

  • I loved Christmas in Laredo, it was the only time there was a line of cars going into Mexico!! Also at night it may get to 40 degrees, and they would close school for weather.

    Laredo has one of the best mixes of work, PAX, cargo, air, rail, heck if you count the rafts they float dope across on I guess you could say even sea!!
    Life is what happens while you are waiting for something better to come along.

    Comment


    • Originally posted by biggdawgdaddy View Post
      I loved Christmas in Laredo, it was the only time there was a line of cars going into Mexico!! Also at night it may get to 40 degrees, and they would close school for weather.

      Laredo has one of the best mixes of work, PAX, cargo, air, rail, heck if you count the rafts they float dope across on I guess you could say even sea!!
      Im scared!!!!!!!! hahah

      CBPO
      * EXAM: 3/3/09
      * NOR: 3/9/09 (95%)
      * TO: MID APRIL
      * PRE-EMPLOYMENT FORMS: 4/16/09COMPLETED
      * MEDICAL/PHYSICAL: 5/1/09 COMPLETED
      * DRUG TEST: 5/14/09 COMPLETED
      * VBT: 6/15/09 :COMPLETED
      *QUALIFICATION: 5/28/09 (GS-7) COMPLETED
      *BI: 6/11/09 COMPLETED
      *!!THE CALL!!: 6/16/09
      *EOD: 6/29/09

      *FLETC: CLASS 961 7/23 - 11/04


      BPA
      *EXAM: 4/16/09 (86%)
      *TO: ???

      ICE IEA
      *EXAM: 6/11/09 PASSED (Not interested anymore )

      Comment


      • Originally posted by biggdawgdaddy View Post
        Laredo is an un-ending line of cars
        Laredo is 120 degrees in the shade
        Laredo is saying, damn another marijuana load.
        Laredo is 5 false claims to citizenship in a 30 minute span.

        It is unyeilding. I think everyone should do at least a year in Laredo because if you can do this job there, and do it well, everywhere else will seem easy.

        A PAX bridge is the passanger processing bridges that handle all of the car, bus and pedestrian traffic.
        Thanks.
        Where do people live? Nearest nice place to live?

        Comment


        • Originally posted by davidB. View Post
          Day 36 in TSU for LAX/LB
          now day 22 for L.A./Long Beach!

          Comment


          • Originally posted by UofU76 View Post
            Thanks.
            Where do people live? Nearest nice place to live?
            its actually a city in border with Mexico. It's not a desert or anything like that, around 250,000 people live here. There's not a whole lot of things to do though, so San Antonio is the nearest "cool city" to go to (2 hours 15 mins away).

            CBPO
            * EXAM: 3/3/09
            * NOR: 3/9/09 (95%)
            * TO: MID APRIL
            * PRE-EMPLOYMENT FORMS: 4/16/09COMPLETED
            * MEDICAL/PHYSICAL: 5/1/09 COMPLETED
            * DRUG TEST: 5/14/09 COMPLETED
            * VBT: 6/15/09 :COMPLETED
            *QUALIFICATION: 5/28/09 (GS-7) COMPLETED
            *BI: 6/11/09 COMPLETED
            *!!THE CALL!!: 6/16/09
            *EOD: 6/29/09

            *FLETC: CLASS 961 7/23 - 11/04


            BPA
            *EXAM: 4/16/09 (86%)
            *TO: ???

            ICE IEA
            *EXAM: 6/11/09 PASSED (Not interested anymore )

            Comment


            • Originally posted by UofU76 View Post
              Thanks.
              Where do people live? Nearest nice place to live?
              You live in Laredo....it's 150 miles from anything else. Parts of town are better than others, North east side, you want to be as far from the bridge and the river as possible.
              Life is what happens while you are waiting for something better to come along.

              Comment


              • Originally posted by JDNoble81 View Post
                Day 76 for me. Fitness expires tomorrow. I got booted from TSU 2 weeks ago. I've emailed and called and get the run around also. Be patient they say. I asked if this has something to do with the July 1st switch. She said no. Even if it did, they wouldn't tell you. Blah.

                We have the same time line but my fitness expired two days ago. CASS says I will be contacted for schedule of examination. BI & Employment quals still pending. This is just never ending... Is there any changes on the FITNESS TEST???

                Comment


                • Tsu

                  Originally posted by ZODIAC76 View Post
                  now day 22 for L.A./Long Beach!
                  Day 75 in TSU for LA/Long Beach! Yay!..

                  Comment


                  • Originally posted by WSB_Hunter
                    how long does this fitness test last before it expires?

                    It's good for a year.

                    Comment


                    • Originally posted by rbakous1 View Post
                      How much time passed from the time you BI started & met with your BI did you get this letter?
                      My BI started in DEC 08, I met w/ my BI on Feb 09,..he submitted his report early March, I received a letter from my adjudicator mid-April concerning the 'proposal of unsuitability',..responded by late April. Then I didnt hear anything till this past Monday

                      Comment


                      • Originally posted by short_timer View Post
                        My BI started in DEC 08, I met w/ my BI on Feb 09,..he submitted his report early March, I received a letter from my adjudicator mid-April concerning the 'proposal of unsuitability',..responded by late April. Then I didnt hear anything till this past Monday
                        So this was in response to a NOPA that you replied to? You were active in CASS up until receiving this latest letter? I was curious as to how you worded your NOPA response, since it seems you could explain the problem away since your lawyers and that made you think you were doing the okay thing.

                        Comment


                        • Originally posted by 2g2gn View Post
                          We have the same time line but my fitness expired two days ago. CASS says I will be contacted for schedule of examination. BI & Employment quals still pending. This is just never ending... Is there any changes on the FITNESS TEST???
                          My CASS says this: A clinic has been assigned for your fitness test. You will be contacted to schedule your examination.

                          Thats BS. I called the clinic which is CHS. They told me that they haven't been notified yet. I called CBP Medical Unit and the lady said ignore CASS. Awesome.

                          We have the same timeline? You're a March 2008 tester too? When'd you get your TO?
                          ICE IEA Philadelphia FO (Dingmans Ferry, PA)
                          Written: 5/15/08
                          NOR: 5/20/08
                          TO: 10/28/08
                          Medical/Drug Test: Cleared from CBP
                          Fitness: 2/02/09
                          BI: 3/15/09
                          OB: 4/24
                          EOD: 7/27
                          FLETC: 7/29 (Class 928)


                          CBPO Pennsylvania
                          Written: 3/15/08
                          NOR: 4/2/08
                          TO: 5/22/08
                          Pre-Emp Forms: 6/2/08
                          Fitness/Medical: 6/18/08
                          VBT: 6/30/08
                          Drug Test: 7/10/08
                          Quals: (GS-7) 7/23/08
                          Met w/ BI: 9/24/08
                          BI submitted: 10/10/08
                          TSU: 4/2/09
                          Removed from TSU (med/fit): 6/4
                          EOD:

                          Comment


                          • Originally posted by JDNoble81 View Post
                            My CASS says this: A clinic has been assigned for your fitness test. You will be contacted to schedule your examination.

                            Thats BS. I called the clinic which is CHS. They told me that they haven't been notified yet. I called CBP Medical Unit and the lady said ignore CASS. Awesome.

                            We have the same timeline? You're a March 2008 tester too? When'd you get your TO?
                            Well thats just the standard Fitness line. There are only two: completed or a clinic has been scheduled, blah, blah. I hate to be a grim reaper, but i get the sneaky feeling they are setting everyone up who is waiting for fitness, to do the new test next month.

                            Comment


                            • Originally posted by barnaj View Post
                              Well thats just the standard Fitness line. There are only two: completed or a clinic has been scheduled, blah, blah. I hate to be a grim reaper, but i get the sneaky feeling they are setting everyone up who is waiting for fitness, to do the new test next month.
                              Thats what I'm thinking. I got an email reply from the Unit saying if I'm not scheduled by mid-July to call them. WTF. Its not the new fitness test that I'm concerned with, its just waiting over a month to schedule a re-test and not getting a straight answer that bothers me.

                              Being in this process for 15 months, you'd think that I'd be used to this crap by now.
                              ICE IEA Philadelphia FO (Dingmans Ferry, PA)
                              Written: 5/15/08
                              NOR: 5/20/08
                              TO: 10/28/08
                              Medical/Drug Test: Cleared from CBP
                              Fitness: 2/02/09
                              BI: 3/15/09
                              OB: 4/24
                              EOD: 7/27
                              FLETC: 7/29 (Class 928)


                              CBPO Pennsylvania
                              Written: 3/15/08
                              NOR: 4/2/08
                              TO: 5/22/08
                              Pre-Emp Forms: 6/2/08
                              Fitness/Medical: 6/18/08
                              VBT: 6/30/08
                              Drug Test: 7/10/08
                              Quals: (GS-7) 7/23/08
                              Met w/ BI: 9/24/08
                              BI submitted: 10/10/08
                              TSU: 4/2/09
                              Removed from TSU (med/fit): 6/4
                              EOD:

                              Comment


                              • Originally posted by JDNoble81 View Post
                                Thats what I'm thinking. I got an email reply from the Unit saying if I'm not scheduled by mid-July to call them. WTF. Its not the new fitness test that I'm concerned with, its just waiting over a month to schedule a re-test and not getting a straight answer that bothers me.

                                Being in this process for 15 months, you'd think that I'd be used to this crap by now.
                                Tell me about it, it sucks. Pulled the same stuff on me. Made me redo my FULL medical, t.b. test included. After a while my cass went back to complete, then they yank me for fitness a month later. Im like "i originally took them on the same day, so they should have expired at the same time. Couldn't you have scheduled the redo's together?". They're like "Oh we apologize, had we noticed that we would have scheduled them together.". The lack of communication is staggering.

                                Comment

                                MR300x250 Tablet

                                Collapse

                                What's Going On

                                Collapse

                                There are currently 12686 users online. 497 members and 12189 guests.

                                Most users ever online was 19,482 at 12:44 PM on 09-29-2011.

                                Welcome Ad

                                Collapse
                                Working...
                                X