Collapse

300x250 Mobile

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Congrats CBP1811! I was wondering if we are issued leather gear or nylon gear during the academy. I was thinking about bringing my own gear and just purchasing a new holster since all the guns I use/carry are Glocks.

In the police academy our uni's needed to be prestine and boots highly shined. What are the expectations at FLETC? During the police academy I went through a dozen lint rollers?!?!
    What if quotas did exist?!

Comment

• Originally posted by ExSDSO View Post
      Congrats CBP1811! I was wondering if we are issued leather gear or nylon gear during the academy. I was thinking about bringing my own gear and just purchasing a new holster since all the guns I use/carry are Glocks.

In the police academy our uni's needed to be prestine and boots highly shined. What are the expectations at FLETC? During the police academy I went through a dozen lint rollers?!?!
      You're issued your leathers. Don't bother bringing your nylons. You will be expected to be clean and shined, however it is not as strict as most local pds. However it does depend on who's running your class. Be prepared for uniform inspections in the morning.
      Don't tase me bro!!

Comment

• Is the graduation ceremony a big thing at FLETC? Do they have dress uniforms?

Comment

• Originally posted by ExSDSO View Post
          Congrats CBP1811! I was wondering if we are issued leather gear or nylon gear during the academy. I was thinking about bringing my own gear and just purchasing a new holster since all the guns I use/carry are Glocks.

When did you do the SDSO academy? I went to SW College in Chula Vista. Nothing like that academy in FLETC. BTW, you won't be using the GL22 nor the 17, so the holster you have now won't fit the HKP2000.

Comment

• Originally posted by FmrHammerMonkey View Post
            When did you do the SDSO academy? I went to SW College in Chula Vista. Nothing like that academy in FLETC. BTW, you won't be using the GL22 nor the 17, so the holster you have now won't fit the HKP2000.

Hi All,

I've been reading for a while and this is my first post/question. Congratulations to all that have made it through. I began the process November 1, 2007 in Detroit with the test. I am currently working my way through the rest of the process. I have completed all of the paperwork (tedious), passed the fitness and am waiting on my medical results and BI. I have a couple of questions:

1.) When are you issued your uniforms, leather, and firearm, before, after, or during FLETC?

2.) For those in MI, what is normally the 1st duty assignment?

3.) How is the VBI? I am scheduled for the 16th of this month.

Comment

• Originally posted by JBrass View Post
              1.) When are you issued your uniforms, leather, and firearm, before, after, or during FLETC?
              First you will be introduced to the "smurfs" and on your first firearm class you will be issued your leather gear that will be your official gear for years to come. At that time your Government issued HK P2000(great pistol, don't have one yet) will be issued as well as the rubber/plastic one to get familiar with weight and feal. At halfway into your academy, the official CBP uniform as well as your graduation Class I will be issued. You will be given VFSolutions $500.00 every year towards the purchase and maintenance of new uniforms/boots/gear.

I hope this was helpful.

PS: almost forgot, at the end of your academy the best shot in the class gets a fully automatic H&K MP5 with silencer !!!!
              sigpic

Comment

• Originally posted by matyoka View Post
                PS: almost forgot, at the end of your academy the best shot in the class gets a fully automatic H&K MP5 with silencer !!!!

Matyoka, you mean your entire class wasn't issued the MP5! You guys got hosed!!
                Don't tase me bro!!

Comment

• Mp5

Qixfeet, only the BEST of the BEST of the BEST get MP5s !!!!
                  sigpic

Comment

• By the way, how's everyone doing on the exchange of Glocks to H&Ks? Seems like a very slow process...
                    sigpic

Comment

First you will be introduced to the "smurfs"
                      What is a smurf? I am guessing not a small, elf like, colored individual formerly having a childrens TV show.

Comment

• Originally posted by Ry greve View Post
                        What is a smurf? I am guessing not a small, elf like, colored individual formerly having a childrens TV show.
                        Hehehehehe, that is good. But I guess it has something to do with the TV show. It's your "temporary" light blue button up shirt with patch/dark blue pants. To tell you the truth, I am not even sure if that's what they issue these days... but that's what it's called See attached picture for references:
                        Attached Files
                        Last edited by matyoka; 04-02-2008, 01:49 PM.
                        sigpic

Comment

Hehehehehe, that is good. But I guess it has something to do with the TV show. It's your "temporary" light blue button up shirt with patch/dark blue pants. To tell you the truth, I am not even sure if that's what they issue these days... but that's what it's called See attached picture for references:
                          They aren't light blue any more...its an all-navy uniform, but not the same quality as what you get from VF.

Comment

• Hi all, quick question, got my NOR today via application manager.. 94, No vet pref ... So now I just sit back and wait, correct?

Comment

• the new smurfs are dark blue dickies with patches. looks very much so like a trainee's uniform
                              Don't tase me bro!!

Comment

• So some of you guys have glocks depending on the Port you work at??? I was given a glock 23 upon graduating the police academy. My dad gave me two things in life 1) Life itself =) 2) My glock! lol Ive never fired an H&K

Comment

MR300x250 Tablet

Collapse

What's Going On

Collapse

There are currently 9552 users online. 404 members and 9148 guests.

Most users ever online was 19,482 at 12:44 PM on 09-29-2011.

Welcome Ad

Collapse
                                Working...
                                X