Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Waiting

Hi everybody,

I heard from DHS scheduling last night that I have a waiver form in the mail (should rec'v tomorrow) that my Dr. has to sign regarding a previously broken wrist. Once that is finished then I will be hearing from scheduling. I applied for Buffalo--- but, I only want Champlain. Anybody else here looking for Champlain, NY? I know it's a waiting game but does anyone know about how long the wait for scheduling takes once everything is complete?

Applied: 10/29/07
    CBP Test: 11/05/07
    NOR: (By Mail) 11/09/07 ----95% NO VET PREF
    Preemployment Forms Sent 1/23/08----Completed: 02/10/08
    Qualifications : 02/10/08
    Fitness : 02/25/08
    Medical Exam: taken 02/25/08 Completed : 04/01/08 -just need wrist waiver
    VBT Completed Passed : 03/09/08
    Background Investigation Completed : 03/26/08
    Drug Screen Completed : 10/16/07 (taken for ICE)
    Preemployment Forms:
    ---Sent 1/23/08--Completed: 02/10/08
    Medical Exam: taken 02/25/08 Completed : 05/13/08

Comment

• Honestly, once you are a cleared to go and referred to scheduling youre golden. It usually dont take very long, the key is they need enough apps ready to go that they can fill a class of 48 people. Once you get referred to scheduling, should be anytime. You sure moved along fast for an October applicant. When did you first hear from a BI? Youre lucky cuz from what i understand they are WAY behind due to the border patrol hiring push. They are hoggin all the investigators!

Comment

• CBP 1811,

Are you taking about background interviews?

I meant like real job interviews or panel interviews by CBP? Just wondering because on the CASS checklist its just like boom boom boom your referred to scheduling with out every talking to CBP besides the limited contact during your VBT. I'm not complaining about the process just wondering.

Comment

• Originally posted by dmgritte View Post
          CBP 1811,

I meant like real job interviews or panel interviews by CBP? Just wondering because on the CASS checklist its just like boom boom boom your referred to scheduling with out every talking to CBP besides the limited contact during your VBT. I'm not complaining about the process just wondering.
          I believe he or she is referring to the BI. Other than that, the VBT is it. You dont have a job "interview" like you are thinking. Pass the VBT, its good for 3 years, in case you ever need to reapply, you wont have to do it again

Comment

• I've recently taken the test in march and recieved my results. I got a 93 and looking forward to my VBT. I haven't recieved any word on it yet. I'm looking at North Border/WA positions. I was wondering if already having a clearance through the OPM for a security contractor position within DHS would expedite the process?

Comment

• Originally posted by DHP-CHAMP View Post
              Hi everybody,

I heard from DHS scheduling last night that I have a waiver form in the mail (should rec'v tomorrow) that my Dr. has to sign regarding a previously broken wrist. Once that is finished then I will be hearing from scheduling. I applied for Buffalo--- but, I only want Champlain. Anybody else here looking for Champlain, NY? I know it's a waiting game but does anyone know about how long the wait for scheduling takes once everything is complete?

Preemployment Forms Sent 1/23/08----Completed: 02/10/08
              Medical Exam: taken 02/25/08 Completed : 04/01/08 -just need wrist waiver
              I cleared medically the day they received the waiver form (2 days after I maled it to them). I took the test in November.

Hope that piece of info helps.

Comment

• Originally posted by dmgritte View Post
                CBP 1811,

Yes your right I have not spoken to anyone yet concerning the actual job. Just background investigators

Comment

• Does anyone know if Fletc has a nice gym and can you listen to an mp3 player while you work out. I wanted to work out after school to help time fly by and keep my mind off missing my two young children =( Also do you have to wear your issued PT gear when you work out during off hours?
                  What if quotas did exist?!

Comment

• Originally posted by ExSDSO View Post
                    Does anyone know if Fletc has a nice gym and can you listen to an mp3 player while you work out. I wanted to work out after school to help time fly by and keep my mind off missing my two young children =( Also do you have to wear your issued PT gear when you work out during off hours?

http://www.fletc.gov/ << The FLETC website will address all your questions except the MP3 one. But sometimes I wish people would just answer my questions instead of posting hyperlinks. So yes they have a gym, and yes you have to wear the issued PT Gear. And I would take a stab that you can listen to your mp3 player during your own personal workouts.
                    Last edited by shawal16; 04-01-2008, 02:31 PM.

Comment

• Originally posted by ExSDSO View Post
                      Does anyone know if Fletc has a nice gym and can you listen to an mp3 player while you work out. I wanted to work out after school to help time fly by and keep my mind off missing my two young children =( Also do you have to wear your issued PT gear when you work out during off hours?
                      Yeah the gym is nice, plenty of equipment. Kind of a drag you gotta change into the FLETC gear everytime you go workout, even on your off time. But you can use headphones on your free time.

Comment

• Could anyone tell me the address to which you mail your transcripts and such for the experience/qualifications review?
                        CBPO - Nirgendwo in Amerika

Comment

• Barnaj,
                          I first started my BI the last week in Feb. It took almost 3 weeks due to the original investigator writing stuff down incorrectly. Once I spoke to 4 other investigators & got it all straightened out all was ok. Also, it didn't hurt that all of my personal references were either supervisors or Chiefs at the POE here. I was fast tracked through a bit because I have a BA in History with a concentration in Arabic, Middle Eastern cultures and Abrahamic religions.

K
                          Preemployment Forms:
                          ---Sent 1/23/08--Completed: 02/10/08
                          Medical Exam: taken 02/25/08 Completed : 05/13/08

Comment

• Originally posted by HokieBird View Post
                            Could anyone tell me the address to which you mail your transcripts and such for the experience/qualifications review?
                            it should be...

U.S. Department of Homeland Security
                            U.S. Customs and Border Protection
                            Minneapolis Hiring Center
                            1 Federal Drive- Room 400
                            Fort Snelling, MN 55111

it is were i had my school send them as directed by an email inquirey

Comment

• I know I was going to post my process but havent got around to it. As of 2/28/08 I was in EOD As of 1:20pm today I start in Houston 4/14/08 and leave to FLETC on 4/24/08. WOHOOO I am finally in.

14 months of hiring process, 5,000 dollars in addition medical out of pocket costs for the process, receiving the phone call from DHS stating you have the job PRICELESS.

Comment

• Congrats! Good luck at FLETC!
                                Don't tase me bro!!

Comment

MR300x250 Tablet

Collapse

What's Going On

Collapse

There are currently 7992 users online. 380 members and 7612 guests.

Most users ever online was 19,482 at 11:44 AM on 09-29-2011.

Welcome Ad

Collapse
                                Working...
                                X