300x250 Mobile

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by brave52000 View Post
    I have one pair of running shoes for FLETC, but I'm going to buy another pair before I go. Should I get another pair of running shoes or some type of basketball/court shoe?
    Shoes you can move in will be fine. For what it's worth everyone just used running shoes.

EDIT: My bad, I goofed and thought I was in the BPA thread. This advice is for FLETC ARTers, but I'm sure it still holds water for you guys as well.
    Last edited by sap123; 06-14-2009, 10:26 AM.
    "Officer, you are kinda hot."

"And you are kinda intoxicated."

Comment

I have one pair of running shoes for FLETC, but I'm going to buy another pair before I go. Should I get another pair of running shoes or some type of basketball/court shoe?
      Find a pair of shoes you really like, buy two pairs and keep one pair in your PT locker for all activities related to work. Keep the other in your room for off duty activities. Then at the end of FLETC, just toss the PT ones. Worked out well for me.

Comment

I'd only bring one pair of running shoes. I brought one pair of running and one pair of court shoes and I've never used the court shoes. We have only gone in gym twice for the PEB and as long as your running shoes don't leave markings on the floor you're all set.

Comment

• Originally posted by audi0xpl0de View Post
          I'd only bring one pair of running shoes. I brought one pair of running and one pair of court shoes and I've never used the court shoes. We have only gone in gym twice for the PEB and as long as your running shoes don't leave markings on the floor you're all set.
          Hey man, I didn't know you were in training! How is everything? Shoot me a PM, hope all is well.
          "Officer, you are kinda hot."

"And you are kinda intoxicated."

Comment

• Originally posted by barnaj View Post
            Just write up a grammatically correct, professional reply. Dont be too long winded but explain the incidents and what you've done to correct them. Since being in debt isn't exactly a "criminal" incident, you should have to worry to much about mitigating passages of time, etc. As long as you paid them off and explain how, you should be good.

Mitigating factors for financial obligation problems:

Conditions that could mitigate security concerns include:

(a) the behavior happened so long ago, was so infrequent, or occurred under such circumstances that it is unlikely to recur and does not cast doubt on the individual's current reliability, trustworthiness, or good judgment;
            (b) the conditions that resulted in the financial problem were largely beyond the person's control (e.g. loss of employment, a business downturn, unexpected medical emergency, or a death, divorce or separation), and the individual acted responsibly under the circumstances;

(c) the person has received or is receiving counseling for the problem and/or there are clear indications that the problem is being resolved or is under control;

(d) the individual initiated a good-faith effort to repay overdue creditors or otherwise resolve debts;

(e) the individual has a reasonable basis to dispute the legitimacy of the past-due debt which is the cause of the problem and provides documented proof to substantiate the basis of the dispute or provides evidence of actions to resolve the issue;

(f) the affluence resulted from a legal source of income.

thanks barnaj. i plan on being professional and thorough and hopefully i ease their concerns. any idea on how much longer this will make the process. say i send in the reply tomorrow and they receive on wednesday. is it going to be another month? two? more?

Comment

I EOD on June 22nd and I have the business casual down for the first day, but what is the dress code for the rest of pre-academy?
              it's business casual the hole time your in pre-academy.

Comment

• Originally posted by sap123 View Post
                Hey man, I didn't know you were in training! How is everything? Shoot me a PM, hope all is well.
                Yeah, I just completed week 11. Time is flying by!

Comment

I EOD on June 22nd and I have the business casual down for the first day, but what is the dress code for the rest of pre-academy?
                  Hey Brave Where are you going ? What POE ? Mine is San Luis, AZ.

Comment

• Originally posted by tigersin2009 View Post
                    thanks barnaj. i plan on being professional and thorough and hopefully i ease their concerns. any idea on how much longer this will make the process. say i send in the reply tomorrow and they receive on wednesday. is it going to be another month? two? more?
                    I was in the same exact situation as you were. For me I received a call(reply) within 30 days from the time they received the letter. Make sure you get delivery or signature confirmation...That way you'll know exactly when they got it and have documentation proof for yourself.
                    Test: November 2008
                    TO: 12/26/08
                    Qualifications: 1/09/09-completed
                    VBT 1/21/09-completed
                    Medical - 1/22/09 - cleared 3/09
                    Fitness - 1/22/09 - completed
                    Drug test - 7/1/2009 completed
                    BI - 6/22/2009 Met with Investigator
                    TSU- Referred to Schedule 12/1/2009

Geographic Location- San Francisco/Oakland Airport

Comment

• Originally posted by TuffStuffCBP View Post
                      Everyone who wants numbers and e-mails: Go into CASS, click on "FAQ"

In that FAQ is no shortage of e-mail and phone contacts based on your progress.
                      Hey TuffStuffCBP was your Geo always jfk? so it took 10 months to get a TO? wow that is a long time.
                      These hands need your guidance!

Comment

• Originally posted by Reapplied View Post
                        Hey TuffStuffCBP was your Geo always jfk? so it took 10 months to get a TO? wow that is a long time.
                        I got an 83 on the test. I'm lucky to have gotten a TO at all. I made up time on the TSU - 4 months. Most people take 6 or more it seems.
                        CBPO
                        GEO - NY/JFK
                        TEST - 03/08 (NOR: 04/08)

TO - 01/09
                        PE Forms - Completed
                        Fitness - Completed
                        VBT - 03/09 - Completed
                        Drug Screen - Completed
                        Qual - 05/09 - Completed
                        B.I. - 05/09 - Completed
                        Medical - 05/09 - Completed
                        TSU

EOD: ???
                        FLETC: ???

Comment

• Originally posted by junito9210 View Post
                          Hey Brave Where are you going ? What POE ? Mine is San Luis, AZ.
                          I'm headed to Big Sky country...Raymond, Montana! The four legged critters are gonna be in trouble come next September
                          CBPO
                          GEO-Montana
                          TEST- 12/08
                          NOR- 1/09 (91 no vet)
                          TO-1/09
                          Med/Fit- 5/09
                          B.I. 3/09
                          VBT-3/09
                          Quals(GS-7)-3/09
                          Referred to TSU-5/22/09
                          EOD-6/22/09
                          FLETC-7/16/09-10/28/09

Comment

• Originally posted by tigersin2009 View Post
                            It's almost impossible to say. They could get it, approve you, then they have to forward it to their supervisor. Could take a week or 6 months depending on their workload. If you have made positive and legal strides to rectify your situation, i don't see you not getting positively adjudicated. Just have to be patient.
                            Good luck to ya!

Comment

• Can you receive mail while at FLETC?
                              CBPO
                              GEO-Montana
                              TEST- 12/08
                              NOR- 1/09 (91 no vet)
                              TO-1/09
                              Med/Fit- 5/09
                              B.I. 3/09
                              VBT-3/09
                              Quals(GS-7)-3/09
                              Referred to TSU-5/22/09
                              EOD-6/22/09
                              FLETC-7/16/09-10/28/09

Comment

Can you receive mail while at FLETC?
                                Yes, you'll get a mailing address here.

Comment

MR300x250 Tablet

Collapse

What's Going On

Collapse

There are currently 6855 users online. 368 members and 6487 guests.

Most users ever online was 19,482 at 12:44 PM on 09-29-2011.

Welcome Ad

Collapse
                                Working...
                                X