300x250 Mobile

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Curious

I called my background investigator today who interviewed me about 4 months ago asking him what the status is and he said that he doesn't know where in the process my case is and he couldn't tell me if he turned in my paperworks to the guy in DC. When he said, "he doesn't know where my case is" does that mean he has already turned it in and just doesn't know where it goes from there? Is there a way to contact the person who would have my case in DC? Any answers would be greatly appreciated. Thank you.

Comment

• just got done with the BI all my stuff is squared away looking good so far i hope
      "Some people spend an entire lifetime wondering if they made a difference. The Marines don't have that problem." President Ronald Reagan.

Comment

• Originally posted by Reapplied View Post
        I don't see how you can talk about a place you never was and witness it for yourself? I have been to atl,jfk,mia,orlando to see their activities as well know cbpo's there and might i add orlando is a big airport but you can hardly get a cbp spot there. there is not a lot of turn overs in atl they were short staffed but believe you me they are staffed as of right now. Anyway if you people think you know it all be my guest.
        Why are we arguing with future co-workers on the internet?

JFK is a big hub. I get it. I've been to Atlanta, it is big too; not quite as big, but big.

I can't say if someone from ATL will be hired before me. I wouldn't doubt i though
        Last edited by TuffStuffCBP; 06-13-2009, 08:34 PM.
        CBPO
        GEO - NY/JFK
        TEST - 03/08 (NOR: 04/08)

TO - 01/09
        PE Forms - Completed
        Fitness - Completed
        VBT - 03/09 - Completed
        Drug Screen - Completed
        Qual - 05/09 - Completed
        B.I. - 05/09 - Completed
        Medical - 05/09 - Completed
        TSU

EOD: ???
        FLETC: ???

Comment

• Wouldn't LAX/LB be considered one of the bigger ports though?

Comment

• i got a nopa for my credit. i had 12000 of bad debt but i have since paid it all off. am i going to be good? how detailed do i need to be in my response? obviously i need to send all the documents with proof i paid them off, but what else? Thanks.

Comment

• Florida vacancies vs Michigan

Recieved my results of the April test I took in Michigan (scored a 91). I am considering changing my geo location to Florida. I'm concerned that Florida will take much longer to get hired to than Michigan. I know the process will be long but I'm currently laid off so I don't need any delays. Can any one chime in with advice / info on this. Sorry if it's been covered already but if it has, I didn't see it. Thanks in advance.

Comment

• Originally posted by VENOM View Post
                Recieved my results of the April test I took in Michigan (scored a 91). I am considering changing my geo location to Florida. I'm concerned that Florida will take much longer to get hired to than Michigan. I know the process will be long but I'm currently laid off so I don't need any delays. Can any one chime in with advice / info on this. Sorry if it's been covered already but if it has, I didn't see it. Thanks in advance.
                I am just going to say that if you are currently laid off and are depending on this job for income, I hope you have a large amount of savings to live off of. If you are just receiving your NOR, I would honestly say you have at least a year before you would see a paycheck from CBP if everything goes smoothly and even if you apply for the quickest POE. Also remember that your background investigator will want very detailed notes on how you managed to meet you financial obligations during periods of unemployment and a reference that can vouch for your explanation.
                CBPO East Texas
                TO: 3/3/09
                Pre-Emp Forms: 3/26/09
                Fitness: 4/6/09 -Passed
                Medical: 4/6/09 -Passed
                VBT: 4/7/09 -Passed
                Quals: (GS-7) 4/10/09 -Verified
                Drug Test: 4/17/09 -Passed
                BI: 8/27/09 -Cleared
                TSU: 8/27/09
                FCRA: 05/19/10
                BI Update: 6/16/10

Comment

• Just curious, for those currently in the process... are there certain ports within your geo location that would be deal breakers? If so, why?

I think if I make it that far, and then have been waiting for ages, I'm gonna take what I get and be happy with it....

From initial research though, I have 8 in order... absolute yes, wouldn't need to think twice, but then 11 I'm kinda "iffy" on. The 11 is mostly small airports, so I'm hoping those wouldn't be an option anyway!

So what about you guys?

Comment

• Does anyone know how long it takes for you background investigation to clear once you meet with a BI?
                    Test: November 2008
                    TO: 12/26/08
                    Qualifications: 1/09/09-completed
                    VBT 1/21/09-completed
                    Medical - 1/22/09 - cleared 3/09
                    Fitness - 1/22/09 - completed
                    Drug test - 7/1/2009 completed
                    BI - 6/22/2009 Met with Investigator
                    TSU- Referred to Schedule 12/1/2009

Geographic Location- San Francisco/Oakland Airport

Comment

• Originally posted by 1Lnation View Post
                      Does anyone know how long it takes for you background investigation to clear once you meet with a BI?
                      Anywhere from 3-18 months.

Comment

• Originally posted by BillyHoyle View Post
                        30 days in TSU.

No longer a youngster, maybe i can get in the TSU Bar now. Shots of JD anyone?
                        +1. Day 30 for me as well. Count me in for the shots my friend.

Comment

• I EOD on June 22nd and I have the business casual down for the first day, but what is the dress code for the rest of pre-academy?
                          CBPO
                          GEO-Montana
                          TEST- 12/08
                          NOR- 1/09 (91 no vet)
                          TO-1/09
                          Med/Fit- 5/09
                          B.I. 3/09
                          VBT-3/09
                          Quals(GS-7)-3/09
                          Referred to TSU-5/22/09
                          EOD-6/22/09
                          FLETC-7/16/09-10/28/09

Comment

• Originally posted by brave52000 View Post
                            I EOD on June 22nd and I have the business casual down for the first day, but what is the dress code for the rest of pre-academy?
                            Well its probably port specific, but most likely business casual the whole way. Start ironing your dockers.

Comment

• Originally posted by tigersin2009 View Post
                              i got a nopa for my credit. i had 12000 of bad debt but i have since paid it all off. am i going to be good? how detailed do i need to be in my response? obviously i need to send all the documents with proof i paid them off, but what else? Thanks.
                              Just write up a grammatically correct, professional reply. Dont be too long winded but explain the incidents and what you've done to correct them. Since being in debt isn't exactly a "criminal" incident, you should have to worry to much about mitigating passages of time, etc. As long as you paid them off and explain how, you should be good.

Mitigating factors for financial obligation problems:

Conditions that could mitigate security concerns include:

(a) the behavior happened so long ago, was so infrequent, or occurred under such circumstances that it is unlikely to recur and does not cast doubt on the individual's current reliability, trustworthiness, or good judgment;
                              (b) the conditions that resulted in the financial problem were largely beyond the person's control (e.g. loss of employment, a business downturn, unexpected medical emergency, or a death, divorce or separation), and the individual acted responsibly under the circumstances;

(c) the person has received or is receiving counseling for the problem and/or there are clear indications that the problem is being resolved or is under control;

(d) the individual initiated a good-faith effort to repay overdue creditors or otherwise resolve debts;

(e) the individual has a reasonable basis to dispute the legitimacy of the past-due debt which is the cause of the problem and provides documented proof to substantiate the basis of the dispute or provides evidence of actions to resolve the issue;

(f) the affluence resulted from a legal source of income.

Comment

• I have one pair of running shoes for FLETC, but I'm going to buy another pair before I go. Should I get another pair of running shoes or some type of basketball/court shoe?
                                CBPO
                                GEO-Montana
                                TEST- 12/08
                                NOR- 1/09 (91 no vet)
                                TO-1/09
                                Med/Fit- 5/09
                                B.I. 3/09
                                VBT-3/09
                                Quals(GS-7)-3/09
                                Referred to TSU-5/22/09
                                EOD-6/22/09
                                FLETC-7/16/09-10/28/09

Comment

MR300x250 Tablet

Collapse

What's Going On

Collapse

There are currently 10576 users online. 375 members and 10201 guests.

Most users ever online was 19,482 at 12:44 PM on 09-29-2011.

Welcome Ad

Collapse
                                Working...
                                X