• Time
  • Show
Clear All

• http://www.cbp.gov/xp/cgov/careers/whats_new.xml

New Fitness Test Req.
    These hands need your guidance!

Comment

• AmahastPL

Thanks again for the awesome update. Please keep them coming.

I just hope you don't catch any flack again for calling bush meat smelly.
      Luck is where preparation meets opportunity. - Seneca

Comment

• Originally posted by Reapplied View Post
        nice post thank u

Comment

• Just checked my CASS info and I was put back into TSU with a date of 6/9/2009, instead my original date (11/14/2008). I called MHC and they told me that I would be put back on the list with my original date, CASS is strange

Comment

• I honestly can't wait to smell bushmeat.
            CBPO
            GEO - NY/JFK
            TEST - 03/08 (NOR: 04/08)

TO - 01/09
            PE Forms - Completed
            Fitness - Completed
            VBT - 03/09 - Completed
            Drug Screen - Completed
            Qual - 05/09 - Completed
            B.I. - 05/09 - Completed
            Medical - 05/09 - Completed
            TSU

EOD: ???
            FLETC: ???

Comment

• Originally posted by bhov97 View Post
              nice post thank u
              Did they raise the step height? Cant remember what it was before.

Comment

• Originally posted by barnaj View Post
                Did they raise the step height? Cant remember what it was before.
                It was 12 inches before.
                Luck is where preparation meets opportunity. - Seneca

Comment

• Originally posted by TPA3312 View Post
                  It was 12 inches before.
                  It WAS and STILL is 12 inch step for 5 min....the 14 inch step is in the academy new graduation requirements.

Comment

• Originally posted by bhov97 View Post
                    nice post thank u
                    No problem, you are welcome...I tried it last night and I scored a 102..the side test is easy I scored the highest on that, it kinda looks like you are doing a dance or ready to tackle a football player..even if you can't do 12 pushups you can still pass the first half of the fitness by making it up with the situps, side step or lift. I did the mimimum pushup which is 12 and I still passed at a 102 so try it an keep pushing.

Comment

• Originally posted by Reapplied View Post
                      No problem, you are welcome...I tried it last night and I scored a 102..the side test is easy I scored the highest on that, it kinda looks like you are doing a dance or ready to tackle a football player..even if you can't do 12 pushups you can still pass the first half of the fitness by making it up with the situps, side step or lift. I did the mimimum pushup which is 12 and I still passed at a 102 so try it an keep pushing.
                      From the website:

Additionally, candidates must achieve a score greater than zero on each test in Part One.

So, you have to do the minimums (12 on push ups) but even just doing 12, the side step test is a good way to catch up, it seems pretty easy!

Comment

• from delphi cbp forum..

thought i would pass more info... everyone is all worked up about the slow down on calling... believe me we all want/need a job, i lost mine 7 mo. ago and im getting married next sat. but im relaxed and know its only a matter of time...i have to pay my dues and waitin the tsu lounge like everyone else..

this was in the delphi forum. just to ease all you worry bugs out there..
                        -- from Jay10046 9501.6 in reply to 9501.5

RELAX!!! There is NO HIRING FREEZE! I have a lot of experience working with the scheduling of classes at FLETC. As an Agency (CBP) approaches the fourth quarter (July, August, September) they re-access their training numbers. At the beginning of the Fiscal Year they had money to hire/train XXXX number of employees. Not everyone that CBP has hired so far this year has completed training. Many quit or fail while at FLETC. However, It appears that this year, a larger percentage of CBP hired are actually completing the training at FLETC. Therefore, CBP adjusts the number of classes needed in the 4th quarter, in order to come close to the original number that they needed to hire for the year. Some years, classes are ADDED into the 4th quarter. This year, about 7 classes will be CANCELLED during the 4th quarter. But don't worry, there will still be plenty of classes. And with the beginning of the new fiscal year, October 1st, will be a new schedule of classes.
                        CBPO

Comment

• [QUOTE=jbyrjax;1850880]From the website:

Additionally, candidates must achieve a score greater than zero on each test in Part One.

So, you have to do the minimums (12 on push ups) but even just doing 12, the side step test is a good way to catch up, it seems pretty easy![/QUOTE

Yes J that's what I was saying it is very easy and even with the mim 12 pushup you can pass with the rest of tests. But I didn't see anything that said you have to do 12 pushups all I seen it said is that you have to get a score of 80 in the first half but I will read it again. All I know is my qual expire in NOV so even if I take the new fitness I have already scored a 102 at home and you only need a 80 to pass. So good luck everyone do it at home now so you will be prepared.
                          Last edited by Reapplied; 06-12-2009, 10:28 AM.

Comment

• How is the PFT Scored?
                            • Each part of the PFT is scored separately. You must pass both parts in order to continue the hiring process.
                            You must achieve a minimum cumulative score of 80 points on Part One and successfully complete Part
                            Two (the Step Test). Additionally, candidates must achieve a score greater than zero on each test in Part
                            One. Part One will be scored using the following scoring tables:

YES my dear you are correct.....
                            Correction folks you must score greater that 0 in each test in part 1 in order to get a passing score.

Comment

• CBP/Atlanta

Does anyone currently know if the Atlanta area has any openings and if so is the process long to get there?

Comment

• Originally posted by future01 View Post
                                Does anyone currently know if the Atlanta area has any openings and if so is the process long to get there?
                                I personally know atl doesn't have openings and it's not a big port like JFK or Miami it is also not a 24 hr port which gives minimal opportunity. the hiring process can be different for everyone depending on the size of the port, need and funding along with other things.

Comment

MR300x250 Tablet

Collapse

What's Going On

Collapse

There are currently 4550 users online. 261 members and 4289 guests.

Most users ever online was 19,482 at 12:44 PM on 09-29-2011.

Welcome Ad

Collapse
                                Working...
                                X