300x250 Mobile

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by buenhec
    Does anyone have a good example or video of the side step test. I dont quite understand it and could not find one on you-tube.

Thanks
    I don't know if you saw this, but this is all I could find. http://www.cbp.gov/linkhandler/cgov/...po_fitness.pdf
    Written Test: 3/08
    NOR: 4/08
    TO: 4/08
    Medical: 4/08
    Fitness: 6/08
    VBT: 6/08
    Met with investigator: 10/08
    Received NOPA: 11/08
    Won appeal: 3/09
    TSU: 4/23/09 (Michigan) pulled in May for fitness
    New fitness: 7/28/09
    Back in TSU: 8/3/09

Comment

• what kind of questions should i expect from the BI?
      "Some people spend an entire lifetime wondering if they made a difference. The Marines don't have that problem." President Ronald Reagan.

Comment

• Originally posted by soto2635 View Post
        what kind of questions should i expect from the BI?
        He/she will pretty much just go over your sf-86 word for word.

Comment

• Originally posted by audi0xpl0de View Post
          He/she will pretty much just go over your sf-86 word for word.
          thanks
          "Some people spend an entire lifetime wondering if they made a difference. The Marines don't have that problem." President Ronald Reagan.

Comment

• Does a NOPA say NOPA on it because i recieved a letter stating they found me unsuitable and saying I have 30 days to respond but no where does it say NOPA or notice of proposed action. and whats the link to the NOPA template.

Comment

• Originally posted by DubEu16 View Post
              Does a NOPA say NOPA on it because i recieved a letter stating they found me unsuitable and saying I have 30 days to respond but no where does it say NOPA or notice of proposed action. and whats the link to the NOPA template.
              That sounds like one.

http://www.honorfirst.com/NOPA.doc

Make sure you read and follow the directions.
              Luck is where preparation meets opportunity. - Seneca

Comment

• CASS says my background investigation has been completed. I just met with my investigator yesterday and i know he hasn't spoken to several of my references yet. I find that pretty odd and weird. In addition, I haven't even received a result for the VBT I took last May 21. Besides the VBT, everything says completed already. Weird....

CBPO
                * EXAM: 3/3/09
                * NOR: 3/9/09 (95%)
                * TO: MID APRIL
                * PRE-EMPLOYMENT FORMS: 4/16/09COMPLETED
                * MEDICAL/PHYSICAL: 5/1/09 COMPLETED
                * DRUG TEST: 5/14/09 COMPLETED
                * VBT: 6/15/09 :COMPLETED
                *QUALIFICATION: 5/28/09 (GS-7) COMPLETED
                *BI: 6/11/09 COMPLETED
                *!!THE CALL!!: 6/16/09
                *EOD: 6/29/09

*FLETC: CLASS 961 7/23 - 11/04

BPA
                *EXAM: 4/16/09 (86%)
                *TO: ???

ICE IEA
                *EXAM: 6/11/09 PASSED (Not interested anymore )

Comment

• So I was out front of my apartment building and I saw a CBPO walking his dog in what I could only assume was his uniform.. Cargo pants, utility belt, gun, black boots, and a tshirt that said CBPO and something else on it tucked into his pants.

My question is, does the uniform vary or is there a place I can go to see what everyone is supposed to wear? I would think that an officer might wear different attire based on where they work or what their duty is? This guy looked all "tactical" for lack of a better word. Honestly I thought what he was wearing looked comfortable and hoped the port of miami would allow that - or am I to expect a stiff uniform that doesnt fit well?

So whats the final say on uniforms?

Comment

• Originally posted by PureLife23 View Post
                    CASS says my background investigation has been completed. I just met with my investigator yesterday and i know he hasn't spoken to several of my references yet. I find that pretty odd and weird. In addition, I haven't even received a result for the VBT I took last May 21. Besides the VBT, everything says completed already. Weird....
                    You most likely have interim clearance. It will take a while for them to complete your full background. We have some people in week 11 here that haven't had theirs fully cleared yet.

Comment

• Originally posted by colinm112 View Post
                      So I was out front of my apartment building and I saw a CBPO walking his dog in what I could only assume was his uniform.. Cargo pants, utility belt, gun, black boots, and a tshirt that said CBPO and something else on it tucked into his pants.

My question is, does the uniform vary or is there a place I can go to see what everyone is supposed to wear? I would think that an officer might wear different attire based on where they work or what their duty is? This guy looked all "tactical" for lack of a better word. Honestly I thought what he was wearing looked comfortable and hoped the port of miami would allow that - or am I to expect a stiff uniform that doesnt fit well?

So whats the final say on uniforms?
                      Your uniform will vary based on the work environment you are going to.

Comment

• removed .
                        Last edited by DubEu16; 06-11-2009, 07:00 PM.

Comment

• I was just under the impression the the letter would say notice of proposed action somehwere on it. but it was for minor in posession is that a hard one or no?

Comment

• Hey guys, I checked CASS today and it says

"Your SSN and Application ID(s) were not found in the database. Please try again. Remember, this service only applies to applicants that applied for an entry level position with the Department of Homeland Security."

Is this a bad omen? All I was waiting for was my BI to clear

Comment

• Originally posted by short_timer View Post
                              Hey guys, I checked CASS today and it says

"Your SSN and Application ID(s) were not found in the database. Please try again. Remember, this service only applies to applicants that applied for an entry level position with the Department of Homeland Security."

It could be very bad, or just an error with CASS. The only way to know for sure is to call the MHC tomorrow.

Good luck
                              Luck is where preparation meets opportunity. - Seneca

Comment

• Originally posted by short_timer View Post
                                Hey guys, I checked CASS today and it says

You probably just typed in your App ID incorrectly. Keep tryig it, I get that message once a week because I type too fast. Also, make sure num lock is on if you are using the keypad.
                                CBPO
                                GEO - NY/JFK
                                TEST - 03/08 (NOR: 04/08)

TO - 01/09
                                PE Forms - Completed
                                Fitness - Completed
                                VBT - 03/09 - Completed
                                Drug Screen - Completed
                                Qual - 05/09 - Completed
                                B.I. - 05/09 - Completed
                                Medical - 05/09 - Completed
                                TSU

EOD: ???
                                FLETC: ???

Comment

MR300x250 Tablet

Collapse

What's Going On

Collapse

There are currently 7676 users online. 233 members and 7443 guests.

Most users ever online was 19,482 at 12:44 PM on 09-29-2011.

Welcome Ad

Collapse
                                Working...
                                X