Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by UofU76 View Post
    Hey Merlin, (or any other current CBPO)

I have a question for you. Most of us in TSU have tested under the old physical standards. The date for the new standards is quickly approaching. It’s believed they will be implemented October 1st at FLETC. Those of us who will be sent to FLETC in the coming months tested under the old standards. Will the Federal government re test us before going? I know the Federal government trys to legally cover themselves wherever possible. Does sending recruits to FLETC who never tested under the new standards cause a legal dilemma?
    (Hypothetical situation) While at FLETC, a person who tested under the old standards never did the pro agility run or side step test. While at FLETC they attempt to test him and the recruit says “I have a bad knee and cannot perform those tests and was never asked to perform those in my physical standards test.” Or maybe the recruit can’t do push ups, what happens?
    The reason I asked, and this may be a stretch, is if there is a temporary freeze, if FLETC is really not having anymore classes until October, could it be because they are trying to avoid this dilemma? Most of us currently in TSU tested under the old standards and many of us have tests expiring or will expire soon. Are they letting us expire on purpose so they can get all of us on the same page? With so many of us expiring, it’s going to cost a lot of money to re test, it’s got to be for a reason? Or maybe it’s the Federal government being the Federal government. The guy at TSU told me yesterday 4-6 months before we start calls again. Not sure if he was talking about were I applied to or the whole country. Does this sound like something CBP would do to cover themselves?

68 days in TSU!! SF/OAK

You're reading way too much into the new testing.

Anybody brought in under the new program will do the new program. Unless it's necessary, I don't expect anybody to re-test. Anybody who can't complete the new program by the second PEB will go home jobless. That's the same standard as today's.

These new physical standards...well, work at them...if you need to. Oct. is still more than 3.5 months away. Anybody starting today who puts in a reasonable effort to reach an appropriate level of fitness should get there fairly easily in the next 14 weeks.

Couch to 5K run plan...good for those who need to start running.

http://www.coolrunning.com/engine/2/2_3/181.shtml

Prebuds fitness program from Honorfirst...get yourself to where you can handle their schedule II training and you should have little problem with the fitness program at FLETC.

http://www.honorfirst.com/prebuds.htm

Couch to 10K...another running program.

http://rununiversity.com/couchtok.html

Comment

• How bad is a NOPA for underage consumption of alcohol? I have no criminal record, drug use, great academic record, and employment record.

Comment

• Originally posted by merlin436 View Post
        You're reading way too much into the new testing.

Anybody brought in under the new program will do the new program. Unless it's necessary, I don't expect anybody to re-test. Anybody who can't complete the new program by the second PEB will go home jobless. That's the same standard as today's.

These new physical standards...well, work at them...if you need to. Oct. is still more than 3.5 months away. Anybody starting today who puts in a reasonable effort to reach an appropriate level of fitness should get there fairly easily in the next 14 weeks.

Couch to 5K run plan...good for those who need to start running.

http://www.coolrunning.com/engine/2/2_3/181.shtml

Prebuds fitness program from Honorfirst...get yourself to where you can handle their schedule II training and you should have little problem with the fitness program at FLETC.

http://www.honorfirst.com/prebuds.htm

Couch to 10K...another running program.

http://rununiversity.com/couchtok.html
        Thanks. I think not hearing anything, on top of waiting, and more waiting, is giving me a reason to speculate and think way to much about the whole thing. Not worried about the new standards, just worried about getting pulled from TSU when the calls for my port go out. Been in the process since early 2008, in TSU 68 days. Anyone know the timeline of when a person gets pulled from TSU to when they re test and go back in??

Comment

• Originally posted by davidB. View Post
          day 28 in TSU for LAX/LB
          When did you test? How long did it take to get a TO?
          BPA EOD - 09/06/10

Comment

• Written test was early August 08, can't find most of my papers, but the TO wasn't too long after.

Filled out the Eqip on 1-16

Took the VBT 1-20, received Eligible results 2-17

Comment

• Originally posted by Lancer07 View Post
              How bad is a NOPA for underage consumption of alcohol? I have no criminal record, drug use, great academic record, and employment record.
              If that is the only trouble you have been in, it shouldn't be too bad if it was years ago. First off, go to honorfirst.com to get the NOPA template.

I have seen other applicants overcome more severe infractions. Just make sure you take responsiblity, and articulate that it was a mistake you have learned from and have not repeated.
              Luck is where preparation meets opportunity. - Seneca

Comment

• Originally posted by Lancer07 View Post
                How bad is a NOPA for underage consumption of alcohol? I have no criminal record, drug use, great academic record, and employment record.

They ask you that question?

I dont think it would be much of a big deal. I do not even think it is an actual crime here, I believe it is a violation.

Comment

• can someone help me out. Im just wondering how you get your test score (email, mail, website). thank you.

Comment

• youll get your test score in the mail..
                    CBPO

Comment

• Originally posted by ZODIAC76 View Post
                      NOOOOOOOOOOO!!!! LOL Whatever. I really want this job and will do whatever I have to in order to get it! Even train harder! I'm lucky because I work for a school district and now have all summer off to do this! I learned a LONG time ago that you have to roll with the punches!!!! Good luck to everyone here waiting and keep your eyes on the prize!!!
                      Seriously, you shouldn't have to train any harder for the new standards than the old ones. If you do, then you've been woefully under-training all along.

Either standards are minimums, and rather poor ones at that. If you come in doing no better than either minimum standard, you'll probably injure yourself and/or flunk out of the academy. Get yourself into decent shape and you'll be far above either standard.

Comment

• Originally posted by Burrell707 View Post
                        I wish I would get the call!!!! Day 74 in TSU. I am so ready to go!!!
                        Im waiting for my BI to clear. Hopefully next month. How many people do you think there are in TSU for SFO/OAK? Thats the port I applied for.
                        Test: November 2008
                        TO: 12/26/08
                        Qualifications: 1/09/09-completed
                        VBT 1/21/09-completed
                        Medical - 1/22/09 - cleared 3/09
                        Fitness - 1/22/09 - completed
                        Drug test - 7/1/2009 completed
                        BI - 6/22/2009 Met with Investigator
                        TSU- Referred to Schedule 12/1/2009

Geographic Location- San Francisco/Oakland Airport

Comment

• Originally posted by UofU76 View Post
                          Hey Merlin, (or any other current CBPO)

I have a question for you. Most of us in TSU have tested under the old physical standards. The date for the new standards is quickly approaching. It’s believed they will be implemented October 1st at FLETC. Those of us who will be sent to FLETC in the coming months tested under the old standards. Will the Federal government re test us before going? I know the Federal government trys to legally cover themselves wherever possible. Does sending recruits to FLETC who never tested under the new standards cause a legal dilemma?
                          (Hypothetical situation) While at FLETC, a person who tested under the old standards never did the pro agility run or side step test. While at FLETC they attempt to test him and the recruit says “I have a bad knee and cannot perform those tests and was never asked to perform those in my physical standards test.” Or maybe the recruit can’t do push ups, what happens?
                          The reason I asked, and this may be a stretch, is if there is a temporary freeze, if FLETC is really not having anymore classes until October, could it be because they are trying to avoid this dilemma? Most of us currently in TSU tested under the old standards and many of us have tests expiring or will expire soon. Are they letting us expire on purpose so they can get all of us on the same page? With so many of us expiring, it’s going to cost a lot of money to re test, it’s got to be for a reason? Or maybe it’s the Federal government being the Federal government. The guy at TSU told me yesterday 4-6 months before we start calls again. Not sure if he was talking about were I applied to or the whole country. Does this sound like something CBP would do to cover themselves?

68 days in TSU!! SF/OAK
                          You are confusing the test to see if you are able to hire for the job and the one to see if you can really do the job. The step and kneel test that is given during medical clearance just means that you are medically cleared to go to the training.
                          At FLETC, your PT shows if you are physically able to perform the job. The standards are evaluated to ensure that they are a valid evaluation and do change from time to time. The pre screen test has no real bearing on the training test, other than they know you have some flexability, did not have a cardiac on a step so chances are you will not be killed by the first day of training.
                          Life is what happens while you are waiting for something better to come along.

Comment

• Rumor...

Just the facts. Until I hear otherwise, I remain in TSU.
                            Le gra'sta De' a Theim.
                            Galic: By The Grace Of God Go I.

Comment

• Hey guys, Does anyone EOD june 22 in san luis ? if there's anyone, please P.m me !

Comment

• In TSU for San Fran/Oakland for 32 days...

How many people on this forum is in TSU for the port?

Comment

MR300x250 Tablet

Collapse

What's Going On

Collapse

There are currently 11675 users online. 439 members and 11236 guests.

Most users ever online was 19,482 at 12:44 PM on 09-29-2011.

Welcome Ad

Collapse
                                Working...
                                X