300x250 Mobile

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Hey,

Does anyone know if the San Diego area is on a freeze of hiring more people?

Any insight would be great

Comment

• Originally posted by MontgCounty33 View Post
      I know academy pay is in the low 40's. After 5 years, a patrolman before overtime and differential makes 90k.

Yes, the NYPD pays better, and the benefits are much better, along with the retirement.

http://www.nypdrecruit.com/NYPD_BenefitsOverview.aspx
      Last edited by ford123; 06-09-2009, 05:24 AM.

Comment

• Think about the statistics thou:

In 2007 eighteen NY police officers were feloniously killed while on duty, 22 were killed in accidents, 656 were assaulted.

In 2007 32 U.S. Immigration and Customs Enforcement officers were assaulted, all of whom were injured, but all of them got back home alive!

http://www.fbi.gov/ucr/killed/2007/

Originally posted by ford123 View Post
        Yes, the NYPD pays better, and the benefits are much better, along with the retirement.

http://www.nypdrecruit.com/NYPD_BenefitsOverview.aspx
        CBPO Timeline
        Geo: Virginia and D.C. Test: 12/10/08
        NOR: 12/20/08 (86%) TO: 02/02/09
        Forms: 02/11/09 VBT: 02/25/09
        Medical: 03/03/09 Fitness: 03/03/09
        Drug Test: 03/12/09 Qualifications: 03/26/09
        BI: 04/09/09 (my B-day gift!)
        Met with Investigator: 04/15/09 TSU: 04/10/09
        The Call: 05/01/09 10.30am
        EOD: 06/01/09 -- Dulles Airport
        FLETC: 07/01/09 -- Class 957
        Graduation: 10/14/09

Comment

• Originally posted by Sunrunner19 View Post
          welcome to the club. 1 month for me. good luck to you. whats your geo preference?
          Southwest Texas. Best of luck to you.

Comment

• so out of west texas, east texas, and arizona, which one do you think would get a TO first with a score of a 93 for gs5 and 7? im currently with a geo of miami but have heard the list is a mile long
            CBPO
            GEO Preference: Miami

Test: 5/6/09 Tucson,AZ
            NOR: 6/6/09 (93, gs5/7)
            TO: ???
            PE Forms: ???
            Fitness: ???
            VBT: ???
            Drug Screen: ???
            Qual: ???
            BI: ???
            Medical: ???
            TSU: ???
            EOD: ???
            FLETC: ???

Comment

• Overtime

For an airport approx how many hours a month would one work in overtime? 20?

what about for a land border crossing in AZ or el paso?

Thank you
              CBPO
              GEO Preference: Miami

Test: 5/6/09 Tucson,AZ
              NOR: 6/6/09 (93, gs5/7)
              TO: ???
              PE Forms: ???
              Fitness: ???
              VBT: ???
              Drug Screen: ???
              Qual: ???
              BI: ???
              Medical: ???
              TSU: ???
              EOD: ???
              FLETC: ???

Comment

• Originally posted by ZODIAC76 View Post
                I was told by my friend who is at FLETC, that there are no more classes until October and those of us waitng won't get in until then. That means we all get the new requirments if true! That sucks. Can anyone confirm or deny that this is true? Atleast it'll be cooler weather if I go then!
                I can't officially confirm it, however, I called TSU yesterday and the guy said "we will not be calling anyone for the next 4-6 months" I am not sure if he was talking about the port I applied to or the whole country. TSU is going to get pretty full.
                Day 68 in TSU for SF/OAK
                I know someone at FLETC now, I am going to give him a call this week.
                Last edited by UofU76; 06-09-2009, 12:52 PM.

Comment

• Originally posted by UofU76 View Post
                  I can't officially confirm it, however, I called TSU yesterday and the guy said "we will not be calling anyone for the next 4-6 months" I am not sure if he was talking about the port I applied to or the whole country. TSU is going to get pretty full.
                  Day 68 in TSU for SF/OAK
                  I know someone at FLETC now, I am going to give him a call this week.
                  Really it's all speculation. People at FLETC say one thing TSU people ALL say something different so all you can do is wait and keep training so if you do not go until Oct you will pass the fitness requirements!
                  CBPO
                  Test: July 2008
                  TO: 12/26/08
                  VBT 1/21/09-passed
                  Medical - 1/21/09 - cleared 4/28
                  Fitness - 1/21/09 - passed
                  Drug test - 2/5/09- passed
                  BI - Cleared
                  TSU -4/29/09 (Buffalo)
                  BI2 - cleared 8/11

ICE Special Agent
                  Test 7/22/09 passed

Comment

• Hey Merlin, (or any other current CBPO)

I have a question for you. Most of us in TSU have tested under the old physical standards. The date for the new standards is quickly approaching. It’s believed they will be implemented October 1st at FLETC. Those of us who will be sent to FLETC in the coming months tested under the old standards. Will the Federal government re test us before going? I know the Federal government trys to legally cover themselves wherever possible. Does sending recruits to FLETC who never tested under the new standards cause a legal dilemma?
                    (Hypothetical situation) While at FLETC, a person who tested under the old standards never did the pro agility run or side step test. While at FLETC they attempt to test him and the recruit says “I have a bad knee and cannot perform those tests and was never asked to perform those in my physical standards test.” Or maybe the recruit can’t do push ups, what happens?
                    The reason I asked, and this may be a stretch, is if there is a temporary freeze, if FLETC is really not having anymore classes until October, could it be because they are trying to avoid this dilemma? Most of us currently in TSU tested under the old standards and many of us have tests expiring or will expire soon. Are they letting us expire on purpose so they can get all of us on the same page? With so many of us expiring, it’s going to cost a lot of money to re test, it’s got to be for a reason? Or maybe it’s the Federal government being the Federal government. The guy at TSU told me yesterday 4-6 months before we start calls again. Not sure if he was talking about were I applied to or the whole country. Does this sound like something CBP would do to cover themselves?

68 days in TSU!! SF/OAK

Comment

• Originally posted by bflogirl View Post
                      Really it's all speculation. People at FLETC say one thing TSU people ALL say something different so all you can do is wait and keep training so if you do not go until Oct you will pass the fitness requirements!
                      I have done a lot of speculation. I tested when the port I applied to was hiring like crazy, saw people test after me and get hired before me. (guys with no experience or shady backgrounds) I have been in TSU 68 days. I am not worried about the fitness, I'll pass all of it. I just want to get hired. (like everybody else) It's been 17 months since I took the written, TSU 68 days, I am two months away from my tests expiring. Right around the time hiring will pick up again. I don't want to get passed over because I got pulled from TSU to re test.

Comment

• Expiration Update:

I received the Medical Self Certification Form on Friday and faxed it back to the Medical Unit on Monday. Now waiting for the Medical Unit to notify Comprehensive Health Services to schedule my fitness test.. and then its back to the TSU Lounge.

Did I miss anything while I was gone?
                        ICE IEA Philadelphia FO (Dingmans Ferry, PA)
                        Written: 5/15/08
                        NOR: 5/20/08
                        TO: 10/28/08
                        Medical/Drug Test: Cleared from CBP
                        Fitness: 2/02/09
                        BI: 3/15/09
                        OB: 4/24
                        EOD: 7/27
                        FLETC: 7/29 (Class 928)

CBPO Pennsylvania
                        Written: 3/15/08
                        NOR: 4/2/08
                        TO: 5/22/08
                        Pre-Emp Forms: 6/2/08
                        Fitness/Medical: 6/18/08
                        VBT: 6/30/08
                        Drug Test: 7/10/08
                        Quals: (GS-7) 7/23/08
                        Met w/ BI: 9/24/08
                        BI submitted: 10/10/08
                        TSU: 4/2/09
                        Removed from TSU (med/fit): 6/4
                        EOD:

Comment

• Deleted
                          Deleted
                          Deleted
                          Last edited by GunderArmour; 06-09-2009, 02:35 PM. Reason: Mistake

Comment

• Originally posted by UofU76 View Post
                            Hey Merlin, (or any other current CBPO)

I have a question for you. Most of us in TSU have tested under the old physical standards. The date for the new standards is quickly approaching. It’s believed they will be implemented October 1st at FLETC. Those of us who will be sent to FLETC in the coming months tested under the old standards. Will the Federal government re test us before going? I know the Federal government trys to legally cover themselves wherever possible. Does sending recruits to FLETC who never tested under the new standards cause a legal dilemma?
                            (Hypothetical situation) While at FLETC, a person who tested under the old standards never did the pro agility run or side step test. While at FLETC they attempt to test him and the recruit says “I have a bad knee and cannot perform those tests and was never asked to perform those in my physical standards test.” Or maybe the recruit can’t do push ups, what happens?
                            The reason I asked, and this may be a stretch, is if there is a temporary freeze, if FLETC is really not having anymore classes until October, could it be because they are trying to avoid this dilemma? Most of us currently in TSU tested under the old standards and many of us have tests expiring or will expire soon. Are they letting us expire on purpose so they can get all of us on the same page? With so many of us expiring, it’s going to cost a lot of money to re test, it’s got to be for a reason? Or maybe it’s the Federal government being the Federal government. The guy at TSU told me yesterday 4-6 months before we start calls again. Not sure if he was talking about were I applied to or the whole country. Does this sound like something CBP would do to cover themselves?

68 days in TSU!! SF/OAK
                            Nope, don't matter if you tested under the old stadards. As of now if you get a fletc date on or beyond October 1 you will be held to the new standards.
                            Don't tase me bro!!

Comment

• Originally posted by qixfeet View Post
                              Nope, don't matter if you tested under the old stadards. As of now if you get a fletc date on or beyond October 1 you will be held to the new standards.

NOOOOOOOOOOO!!!! LOL Whatever. I really want this job and will do whatever I have to in order to get it! Even train harder! I'm lucky because I work for a school district and now have all summer off to do this! I learned a LONG time ago that you have to roll with the punches!!!! Good luck to everyone here waiting and keep your eyes on the prize!!!

Comment

• Originally posted by davidB. View Post
                                day 21 in TSU for LAX/LB
                                day 28 in TSU for LAX/LB

Comment

MR300x250 Tablet

Collapse

What's Going On

Collapse

There are currently 9398 users online. 312 members and 9086 guests.

Most users ever online was 19,482 at 12:44 PM on 09-29-2011.

Welcome Ad

Collapse
                                Working...
                                X