300x250 Mobile

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by merlin436 View Post
    There is no such animal as a "law enforcement sensitive" clearance.

CBPO's are adjudicated at a TS level, but that does not mean the clearance is granted. If you do not have the need to have access to TS material, you won't be given the clearance. The "norm" for most officers is no clearance at all; most officers will almost never see anything above FOUO.
    That was my point, the fact that you're not going to have access to things classified "secret". You will be seeing info that is "for official use only" and things that are sensitive to law enforcement.

Comment

• Originally posted by when View Post
      Ok I also emailed TSU (I got a bit anxious, I wanted to figure out exactly what my options were) about whether or not they were actively scheduling EOD dates and FLETC classes. I was told that it was only for a week that they had stopped, to figure out the schedule at fletc. However calls and class scheduling has resumed for ports with vacancies. So providing your selected port has vacancies and has been approved for new CBPOs you will get the call sooner rather than later. ***back to enjoying the summer while I wait***
      i am from LB/LA. My friend told me that they have a full staff @ LA port... so. for south cali people might have to wait a bit longer

Comment

• Originally posted by TuffStuffCBP View Post
        Does anyone know if there is a way to attain secret or top secret clearance through CBP or would you have to transfer to another agency? The Washington masters program on intenational diplomacy and intelligence looks awesome, but it is only open to those with TSSC.

Yes.
        You can get an active secret/top secret clearance in CBP.
        Off the top of my head:

OFO JTTF
        CSI
        CTRT

will all likely require at least secret activation.

There's probably a few others out there as well.

Comment

• Originally posted by barnaj View Post
          Its not a "secret/top secret" type clearance. It is a "Law Enforcement Sensitive" clearance. But, i had to do a Secret clearance for the military and it was all the same forms (EQUIP) on your end.
          ssbi is what cbp has done. ssbi with a form from scbpo gives you up to a ts, only if you need it. also you should go to cbp intranet look for the traen code for safeguarding classified info about 3rd headline from top So CBP if needed have quailified for up to ts fact

Comment

• Originally posted by kokezero View Post
            ssbi is what cbp has done. ssbi with a form from scbpo gives you up to a ts, only if you need it. also you should go to cbp intranet look for the traen code for safeguarding classified info about 3rd headline from top So CBP if needed have quailified for up to ts fact
            There is a little more than that. I know guys who have been waiting a year for their TS to adjudicate for CTR and JTTF stuff. They use the previous SSBI to begin a TS adjudication, but it's not automatic.

BTW, I'm not the grammer police or anything, but your writing is wicked hard to read.

Comment

• Originally posted by TuffStuffCBP View Post
              Does anyone know if there is a way to attain secret or top secret clearance through CBP or would you have to transfer to another agency? The Washington masters program on intenational diplomacy and intelligence looks awesome, but it is only open to those with TSSC.
              Join the National Guard or Reserves with an Intel related job. That program is probably geared towards military officers who get TS clearences just for showing up to work 4 out of 5 days a week.

Comment

• I was told by my friend who is at FLETC, that there are no more classes until October and those of us waitng won't get in until then. That means we all get the new requirments if true! That sucks. Can anyone confirm or deny that this is true? Atleast it'll be cooler weather if I go then!
                Last edited by ZODIAC76; 06-08-2009, 08:17 PM.

Comment

• . CBP has notified NTEU of new fitness graduation standards that hires will have to meet in order to pass FLETC training. In addition, CBP will be implemented a new daily training
                  curriculum to assist employees in passing the new physical standards. The physical performance measures that students
                  will have to satisfy are as follows: · Arm lift; · Lift/lower;· Handgrip;· Trunk Pull;· Arm Endurance;Ups;· Sit-Ups;· Kneel/Stand;· 1.5 Mile Run;· 12” Step Test;· 14” Step Test;· 220 Yard Run;· Pro Agility Run; · Side Step; and· Sit and Reach.

Comment

• Oh my ..I think I will need to hire a personal trainer!

Comment

• Originally posted by yoda View Post
                      How little do you know... I have absolutely NOTHING in my past. This is the main reason I am disappointed at the way they have handled my case, you should read up before making such a BOLD statement. I have known of people getting "interim" clearances, like yourself, only to get the boot at the end of FLETC because of past "criminal" behaviors being uncovered/discovered.
                      Just so you know, your "interim" clearance was thrown away the moment you resigned, this time around you will most likely have to wait to be fully adjudicated before they give you the "clear".
                      I was pulling for you but now after reading your past posts I THINK IA HAS IT RIGHT! You dont tell the truth and your a wisenheimer. I would like to thank IA, Trust Betrayed - As guardians of our Nation's borders, we cannot afford a weak link. place yodas picture here

Comment

• Originally posted by kokezero View Post
                        I was pulling for you but now after reading your past posts I THINK IA HAS IT RIGHT! You dont tell the truth and your a wisenheimer. I would like to thank IA, Trust Betrayed - As guardians of our Nation's borders, we cannot afford a weak link. place yodas picture here
                        LMAO +1
                        These hands need your guidance!

Comment

• I'm thinking that if Yoda was an obvious "weak link", he would have been dropped from the process long ago. Clearly, enough people have been looking into him.

Sometimes, crap happens...and no matter what you end up trying to navigate past both Scylla and Charybdis.

Back in the begining days of CBP, it wasn't all that odd to see cases that took 2-3 or more years to clear...one way or another.
                          Last edited by merlin436; 06-08-2009, 09:50 PM.

Comment

• 2 and a half weeks since I did the VBT and no results yet. The wait is killing me.

CBPO
                            * EXAM: 3/3/09
                            * NOR: 3/9/09 (95%)
                            * TO: MID APRIL
                            * PRE-EMPLOYMENT FORMS: 4/16/09COMPLETED
                            * MEDICAL/PHYSICAL: 5/1/09 COMPLETED
                            * DRUG TEST: 5/14/09 COMPLETED
                            * VBT: 6/15/09 :COMPLETED
                            *QUALIFICATION: 5/28/09 (GS-7) COMPLETED
                            *BI: 6/11/09 COMPLETED
                            *!!THE CALL!!: 6/16/09
                            *EOD: 6/29/09

*FLETC: CLASS 961 7/23 - 11/04

BPA
                            *EXAM: 4/16/09 (86%)
                            *TO: ???

ICE IEA
                            *EXAM: 6/11/09 PASSED (Not interested anymore )

Comment

• Originally posted by PureLife23 View Post
                              2 and a half weeks since I did the VBT and no results yet. The wait is killing me.
                              What is your geo preference?
                              BPA EOD - 09/06/10

Comment

• Originally posted by gsa85 View Post
                                What is your geo preference?
                                Laredo Texas. thinking of reapplying as soon as I can though...

CBPO
                                * EXAM: 3/3/09
                                * NOR: 3/9/09 (95%)
                                * TO: MID APRIL
                                * PRE-EMPLOYMENT FORMS: 4/16/09COMPLETED
                                * MEDICAL/PHYSICAL: 5/1/09 COMPLETED
                                * DRUG TEST: 5/14/09 COMPLETED
                                * VBT: 6/15/09 :COMPLETED
                                *QUALIFICATION: 5/28/09 (GS-7) COMPLETED
                                *BI: 6/11/09 COMPLETED
                                *!!THE CALL!!: 6/16/09
                                *EOD: 6/29/09

*FLETC: CLASS 961 7/23 - 11/04

BPA
                                *EXAM: 4/16/09 (86%)
                                *TO: ???

ICE IEA
                                *EXAM: 6/11/09 PASSED (Not interested anymore )

Comment

MR300x250 Tablet

Collapse

What's Going On

Collapse

There are currently 10201 users online. 409 members and 9792 guests.

Most users ever online was 19,482 at 12:44 PM on 09-29-2011.

Welcome Ad

Collapse
                                Working...
                                X