Collapse

300x250 Mobile

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Received my passing test results on Saturday! That took 2 months...

Comment

• Originally posted by Wrangler81 View Post
      Quick Question-

If you apply to another agency in DHS.. and you currently have had a BI done in the past 5 years... does the agency where you're currently applying start a BI from scratch? Or use the past one?

and secondly, can any information/ form that you submit to OPM be referenced and seen by every govt agency regarding hiring.. or do you have to re-submit the same forms again?

any/ all information would be appreciated.
      1: It depends. They might decide to honor the past BI; they may decide not to.

2: Expect to submit and re-submit nearly everything. Even when the old forms are easily available to your current/new agency, expect to do them all over again for up-dating purposes, if for nothing else.

Comment

• Originally posted by NJNJ View Post
        To increas your odds you should have applies for GS-5 as well as GS-7. If there is no popstion at JFK for GS-7 you wont get called. I applied for both and Qualified for both. The only advantage I have is that I would get called for GS-5 if there is no opening at GS-7. But who knows now.....Im pretty close to getting into the NYPD academy this July. If they call I will go.Seems to me the pay is better but I would have rather been called for CBPO.
        I thought NYPD had crap for salaries. What do they start at and how long would you have to work with NYPD to earn over 60K? For my geo with customs it would only be 2 years starting at GS-7.
        You shut your mouth when you're talking to me!

Comment

• Just a quick question for anyone that applied for geo location JFK/NYC.

How long was the hiring process for you?

How long did it take to recieve a TO?

What was your NOR?

Thanks for any info in advance!

Comment

• Originally posted by Ofc. Slater View Post
            Just a quick question for anyone that applied for geo location JFK/NYC.

How long was the hiring process for you?

How long did it take to recieve a TO?

What was your NOR?

Thanks for any info in advance!

the answer to all of your questions: Forever

My timeline is in my signature
            CBPO
            GEO - NY/JFK
            TEST - 03/08 (NOR: 04/08)

TO - 01/09
            PE Forms - Completed
            Fitness - Completed
            VBT - 03/09 - Completed
            Drug Screen - Completed
            Qual - 05/09 - Completed
            B.I. - 05/09 - Completed
            Medical - 05/09 - Completed
            TSU

EOD: ???
            FLETC: ???

Comment

• Originally posted by Gbeck422 View Post
              I went to TSU in the middle of May... if you miss their phone call, are you screwed? I work in a place where I cannot use my cell phone at work so I have to check messages during breaks or when I finish. If TSU calls and leaves a message and I return their call within a few hours, am I safe? If I miss their call, am I simply out of the running for good? Does anyone know what area code they call from so I can at least watch for it? (Minneapolis, DC? etc?) Thanks!
              they call with an unavailable/blocked number
              and then they try your other numbers that you listed such as your house/work/cell
              the lady i spoke with said that they would call a good number of times to make sure they get a hold of you.

Comment

• Originally posted by bhov97 View Post
                they call with an unavailable/blocked number
                and then they try your other numbers that you listed such as your house/work/cell
                the lady i spoke with said that they would call a good number of times to make sure they get a hold of you.
                They will also leave a voicemail.
                Luck is where preparation meets opportunity. - Seneca

Comment

• I believe this has been addressed once before, but id like clarification on the matter since it wasnt really talked about

What is the security clearance given by CBP equivalent to? What im trying to figure out is how stringent the background investigation is because I am in the process of another job that requires a TS/SCI and I was wondering if I should expect the same process..

So what is the clearance for this job on the level of? i.e. what can it be compared to?

Comment

• Originally posted by colinm112 View Post
                    I believe this has been addressed once before, but id like clarification on the matter since it wasnt really talked about

What is the security clearance given by CBP equivalent to? What im trying to figure out is how stringent the background investigation is because I am in the process of another job that requires a TS/SCI and I was wondering if I should expect the same process..

So what is the clearance for this job on the level of? i.e. what can it be compared to?
                    Its not a "secret/top secret" type clearance. It is a "Law Enforcement Sensitive" clearance. But, i had to do a Secret clearance for the military and it was all the same forms (EQUIP) on your end.

Comment

• The SF-82 is what it is, a Standard Form used by Federal Agenices and military to acheive some type of clearance for an employee (law enforcement or not) and servicemen/woman.

How that agency decides who and what type of clearance one will get is to them and the position one is applying with.

Usually if applying to another federal agency, each applicant, and yes those who are already employeed with the G, still have to fill out another SF-86.
                      "An excuse is worse and more terrible than a lie, for an excuse is a lie guarded."

Comment

• Originally posted by blk98gt View Post
                        I thought NYPD had crap for salaries. What do they start at and how long would you have to work with NYPD to earn over 60K? For my geo with customs it would only be 2 years starting at GS-7.
                        I know academy pay is in the low 40's. After 5 years, a patrolman before overtime and differential makes 90k.
                        ATF 1811 SA
                        Applied - 10/13/09

CBPO (GEO - Philadelphia)
                        Written Test - 5/11/09
                        NOR (87) - 6/10/09

ICE IEA (GEO - Philadelphia)
                        Written Test - 6/1/09
                        NOR (88.9) - 6/22/09

ICE 1811 SA
                        Written Test - 7/28/09
                        Written - Passed - 8/10/09
                        NOR (80.5 ugggh)

Comment

• Originally posted by Helo View Post
                          Received my passing test results on Saturday! That took 2 months...
                          welcome to the club. 1 month for me. good luck to you. whats your geo preference?
                          CBPO
                          GEO Preference: Miami

Test: 5/6/09 Tucson,AZ
                          NOR: 6/6/09 (93, gs5/7)
                          TO: ???
                          PE Forms: ???
                          Fitness: ???
                          VBT: ???
                          Drug Screen: ???
                          Qual: ???
                          BI: ???
                          Medical: ???
                          TSU: ???

Comment

• Originally posted by MontgCounty33 View Post
                            I know academy pay is in the low 40's. After 5 years, a patrolman before overtime and differential makes 90k.
                            Does anyone know if there is a way to attain secret or top secret clearance through CBP or would you have to transfer to another agency? The Washington masters program on intenational diplomacy and intelligence looks awesome, but it is only open to those with TSSC.
                            Last edited by TuffStuffCBP; 06-08-2009, 12:37 PM.
                            CBPO
                            GEO - NY/JFK
                            TEST - 03/08 (NOR: 04/08)

TO - 01/09
                            PE Forms - Completed
                            Fitness - Completed
                            VBT - 03/09 - Completed
                            Drug Screen - Completed
                            Qual - 05/09 - Completed
                            B.I. - 05/09 - Completed
                            Medical - 05/09 - Completed
                            TSU

Comment

• Originally posted by colinm112 View Post
                              I believe this has been addressed once before, but id like clarification on the matter since it wasnt really talked about

There is no such animal as a "law enforcement sensitive" clearance.

CBPO's are adjudicated at a TS level, but that does not mean the clearance is granted. If you do not have the need to have access to TS material, you won't be given the clearance. The "norm" for most officers is no clearance at all; most officers will almost never see anything above FOUO.

Comment

• Originally posted by TuffStuffCBP View Post
                                Does anyone know if there is a way to attain secret or top secret clearance through CBP or would you have to transfer to another agency? The Washington masters program on intenational diplomacy and intelligence looks awesome, but it is only open to those with TSSC.
                                You may want to look elsewhere with the Govt if you are concerned about what type of clearance you will receive. For CBP, most do not get more then a FOUO. Other Feds get clearances based on their jobs as I have stated before.
                                "An excuse is worse and more terrible than a lie, for an excuse is a lie guarded."

Comment

MR300x250 Tablet

Collapse

What's Going On

Collapse

There are currently 7263 users online. 210 members and 7053 guests.

Most users ever online was 19,482 at 12:44 PM on 09-29-2011.

Welcome Ad

Collapse
                                Working...
                                X