300x250 Mobile

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by Cbpstyle View Post
    you have to be appointed by the age 37. So I am sorry to say that you have no chance sir
    I'm sorry but your incorrect. You must have a T.O. by the age of 37. I am proof of that. I'm 38 and living large in the TSU lounge. I have re-done my physical, medical, and won a NOPA. Through all this I think they would have pulled me for my age by now.

Comment

• Originally posted by TuffStuffCBP View Post
      Didn't border patrol increase the age for recruits to 40? I can't seem to find any Customs specific FAQ's about it.
      BPA's and IEA's are currently hired under waivers to age 40. For whatever
      reason(s), CBP elected not to go that route when hiring CBPO's.

That could change tomorrow.

Comment

• Got my NOR (93) for GEO Miami. thinking about switching to east texas or arizona. any thoughts? anyone know how fast TO's are going out for Miami. i applied for gs5 and 7...
        CBPO
        GEO Preference: Miami

Test: 5/6/09 Tucson,AZ
        NOR: 6/6/09 (93, gs5/7)
        TO: ???
        PE Forms: ???
        Fitness: ???
        VBT: ???
        Drug Screen: ???
        Qual: ???
        BI: ???
        Medical: ???
        TSU: ???
        EOD: ???
        FLETC: ???

Comment

• Originally posted by cart pusher View Post
          Wifi is coming to FLETC. Boxes were installed in the hallway at the Taj (187).

I'm not sure when it will be working. I am not sure if it will be free are subscription service.

They said mid june. Only time will tell.
          I am so excited for that, it means I wont have to pay to add that to my verizon plan lol.

I have a question my fitness is about to expire I remember reading that they were going to change the test itself. Has that been implemented, and if so what is it? I looked on cbp.gov and just found the same old test.
          Tested March 08
          TO June 08
          Medical COMPLETE 12/08
          VBT complete 08 passed
          Qualification GS-5 September 08
          BI September 08 complete April 09

FITNESS REDO AUG 7TH FAILED
          NOW IT IS TIME TO START ALL OVER AGAIN

Comment

• Has anyone noticed there is a "Batch No." on the lower right hand of their NOR form?... Mine says "BatchNo. 280"

..Does that mean anything as far as the app. process?
            Timelines:

CBPO
            App: 2/12/09
            Geo: Revised; CA Long Beach, San Bernardino, L.A.
            Written: 2/20/09
            NOR: 3/2/09 (81 no vet pref.)
            TO: ? (reached my 37th bday 9/09)

IEA
            App: 5/5/09
            Geo: San Diego
            Written: 6/5/09 (75.8 no vet pref.)
            NOR: 7/20/09
            Faxed Documents: 7/7/09
            TO: 10/6/09
            Mailed Documents: 10/16/09
            Oral Interview: 12/02/09 Passed

BPA
            Geo: SW Border-El Centro/San Diego Area
            App: 8/17/10
            Written: 10/6 Passed (73 w/ no vet pref.)
            TO: 11/10/10 (pre emp forms due 11/22)

Comment

• Hey,

I took the CBPO in December of 2008 and passed all the necessary steps and was cleared and sent to the waiting pool (TSU) in the middle of May. I had scheduled a vacation in the middle of July and was wondering if anyone has any thoughts if I may have to cancel my vacation or if the waiting period after TSU is relatively lengthy?

Also, my selected duty location was St. Thomas in the Virgin Islands. Does anyone have any idea of wait times for this post or any other relavent info regarding St. Thomas posts?

What happens, more or less, after TSU?

Thanks for the time,
              Gbeck
              Last edited by Gbeck422; 06-07-2009, 03:46 PM. Reason: typos

Comment

• Quick Question-

If you apply to another agency in DHS.. and you currently have had a BI done in the past 5 years... does the agency where you're currently applying start a BI from scratch? Or use the past one?

and secondly, can any information/ form that you submit to OPM be referenced and seen by every govt agency regarding hiring.. or do you have to re-submit the same forms again?

any/ all information would be appreciated.

Comment

• Originally posted by Wrangler81 View Post
                  Quick Question-

If you apply to another agency in DHS.. and you currently have had a BI done in the past 5 years... does the agency where you're currently applying start a BI from scratch? Or use the past one?

and secondly, can any information/ form that you submit to OPM be referenced and seen by every govt agency regarding hiring.. or do you have to re-submit the same forms again?

I dont think any agency can just look at your background information. Doing E-Qip basically tells an agency that "I'm applying and i give you consent to go through my personal life".

Comment

Quick Question-

I think the Background Investigation between Border Patrol and CBPO transfers between applications, but I could be wrong. Other than that I don't know of any instance of this happening.
                    BPA EOD - 09/06/10

Comment

• Tsu

I went to TSU in the middle of May... if you miss their phone call, are you screwed? I work in a place where I cannot use my cell phone at work so I have to check messages during breaks or when I finish. If TSU calls and leaves a message and I return their call within a few hours, am I safe? If I miss their call, am I simply out of the running for good? Does anyone know what area code they call from so I can at least watch for it? (Minneapolis, DC? etc?) Thanks!

Comment

Quick Question-

It may or may not. If it's an SSBI done within DHS then there is a decent chance it will. But who knows, I've heard of people completing a BI with BP and having to have another one completed for CBP. For me, one was done for both.

Comment

• Originally posted by FLA22 View Post
                          I'm sorry but your incorrect. You must have a T.O. by the age of 37. I am proof of that. I'm 38 and living large in the TSU lounge. I have re-done my physical, medical, and won a NOPA. Through all this I think they would have pulled me for my age by now.
                          You sir, are correct. We have had 50 year olds EODing recently and the age limit has been in place for almost a year.

Comment

• this not knowing and waiting blindly is annoying. I don't know what to do with myslef. should I try to get a part time job in the mean time? should I sign up for summer classes? will I get a call before the end of the summer? I think I am going to research a few organizations to volunteer with just to keep me busy. I do hope we can get some idea of what the bejesus is going on soon. I would hate to be waiting a whole year like the jersey folks!

Comment

• Originally posted by when View Post
                              this not knowing and waiting blindly is annoying. I don't know what to do with myslef. should I try to get a part time job in the mean time? should I sign up for summer classes? will I get a call before the end of the summer? I think I am going to research a few organizations to volunteer with just to keep me busy. I do hope we can get some idea of what the bejesus is going on soon. I would hate to be waiting a whole year like the jersey folks!
                              I would tell you to go ahead and take your classes and find that part time job. I had two more classes to finish before getting my degree, but I was concerned about MHS calling me in the middle of them and having to drop them and be stuck paying for them. So I took this last winter term off only to have them not call. I have now taken one spring class and one summer class along with applying for other jobs (I hate the one I'm at now). From everything I've been reading on here, we'll all be sitting tight until October. You can hope to bejesus or whomever you wish, there will never be any light shed on this process, so good luck and hope this helped.

Comment

• Originally posted by gsa85 View Post
                                I think the Background Investigation between Border Patrol and CBPO transfers between applications, but I could be wrong. Other than that I don't know of any instance of this happening.
                                I am an applicant for both a BP and CBPO position, and know for a fact the BI is interchangeable.
                                Luck is where preparation meets opportunity. - Seneca

Comment

MR300x250 Tablet

Collapse

What's Going On

Collapse

There are currently 12192 users online. 453 members and 11739 guests.

Most users ever online was 19,482 at 12:44 PM on 09-29-2011.

Welcome Ad

Collapse
                                Working...
                                X