Collapse

300x250 Mobile

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• just got my notice in the mail that my fitness test will expire soon and just simple forms to let MHC know nothing medically has changed since your last visit.

it's been a looonngg wait so far for Massachusetts, been chilling in TSU since 11/14/2008...

anybody else waiting for Massachusetts?

Comment

• Originally posted by NJNJ View Post
      TUFF stuff, I think you should fell very lucky to get a TSU with your score of 83. I have been waitng for JFK since I reapplied in April.(90) If this last announcement was being used for current TOS you would really fall far to the bottom. Seems as though you really backed into this ofer. Good luck .
      FYI I was originally EOD in April but turned down for a geo location switch
      Have you recieved a TO yet?
      CBPO
      GEO - NY/JFK
      TEST - 03/08 (NOR: 04/08)

TO - 01/09
      PE Forms - Completed
      Fitness - Completed
      VBT - 03/09 - Completed
      Drug Screen - Completed
      Qual - 05/09 - Completed
      B.I. - 05/09 - Completed
      Medical - 05/09 - Completed
      TSU

EOD: ???
      FLETC: ???

Comment

• Well, all is clear but my quals and BI. Its been at least a month since I last met with my BI. I spoke to my BI and he said he has sent it in. So what....all I gotta do is wait. I took the test for IEA....also waiting for NOR...waiting is AWESOME!!!! lol.....

Comment

• Originally posted by seeOH View Post
          First hand would have ment it was me... I'm not silly enough to lose my job by blatting my mouth on some internet forum that anyone can read. A friend of mine was fired for inappropriate comments and disseminating material to the public that was considered safe guarded by his academy on this website.

Don't accuse me of lying if you don't know me. Silly you.

Ok, I made a mistake.

I thought you were talking about a CBPO. And I have not heard of that case. I thought you were a CBPO as well, I should have checked your profile first.

I will tell you this though, as long as a CBPO on a message board does not give up OPSEC or sensitive material, he or she will not be hearing about it from CBP. Otherwise there would be many, many officers in trouble.

IA has much bigger fish to fry..

Comment

• Originally posted by TuffStuffCBP View Post
            That's what I was thinking. The place where I really sped up was the TO - TSU. That seemed to go lightning fast from start to finish: a few days over 4 months. I think it is because I applied and processed before the economy did its death knell and people needed to make career changes en masse; I somehow rode the curve. From what I've heard, the TSU isn't as much of a suprise as the T.O. is. TSU is unofficially guaranteed as long as you pass all requirements and people don't lose your file, but a TO is a crapshoot for people with lower passing scores. I don't believe the test score enters into the TSU equation.

Or my application for GS-7 just put me into a smaller pool.

I don't know what happened on that test. I've never scored so low on anything in my life. If I could go back I'd study. Math has always been my weakest point, pulling all other scores down - I was remarkably unprepared for the formulas that I hadn't looked at since early undergrad/High School.

Everybody on these forums seems to have gotten a 90 or better. So much for bell curves and averages. I post my score and timeline to help people get an understanding of the process and how unique it is for each person, even though my score is a bit ....

PS - does anyone who has gone to Fletc or is still there know what the math subjects are like?
            To increas your odds you should have applies for GS-5 as well as GS-7. If there is no popstion at JFK for GS-7 you wont get called. I applied for both and Qualified for both. The only advantage I have is that I would get called for GS-5 if there is no opening at GS-7. But who knows now.....Im pretty close to getting into the NYPD academy this July. If they call I will go.Seems to me the pay is better but I would have rather been called for CBPO.

Comment

• Originally posted by NJNJ View Post
              To increas your odds you should have applies for GS-5 as well as GS-7. If there is no popstion at JFK for GS-7 you wont get called. I applied for both and Qualified for both. The only advantage I have is that I would get called for GS-5 if there is no opening at GS-7. But who knows now.....Im pretty close to getting into the NYPD academy this July. If they call I will go.Seems to me the pay is better but I would have rather been called for CBPO.
              That's what my friend did 2 years ago. It all depends what you want. If you want a more intense Law Enforcement experience and more money, it is a no brainer - NYPD all the way.

If you like aviation, understand and can break down regulations, like customer service and have an interest in other cultures - even for less money - Customs looks like the deal in NY. Customs seems more up my alley than NYPD.
              CBPO
              GEO - NY/JFK

TO - 01/09
              PE Forms - Completed
              Fitness - Completed
              VBT - 03/09 - Completed
              Drug Screen - Completed
              Qual - 05/09 - Completed
              B.I. - 05/09 - Completed
              TSU

Comment

• Originally posted by ford123 View Post
                Ok, I made a mistake.

I thought you were talking about a CBPO. And I have not heard of that case. I thought you were a CBPO as well, I should have checked your profile first.

I will tell you this though, as long as a CBPO on a message board does not give up OPSEC or sensitive material, he or she will not be hearing about it from CBP. Otherwise there would be many, many officers in trouble.

IA has much bigger fish to fry..
                Understood. Nope, this was a state law enforcement job my friend got booted from. Nope, I worked for the DOJ for a while... but hated it so I now work in a weird industry and hate that more... and i want back into the federal system.

And i truly agree that AI has a much bigger fish to fry. But don't you think some pre-academy people should watch what they say?! They announce when and where they are reporting and then say somethings that, I personally, wouldn't say as a new guy into LE. We all think it but maybe it's best somethings are left unsaid. I don't take offense to some of the things said but there are those people who do. We've all worked or work with them and the last thing you want to do is say something like "smelly immigrants" on an internet forum that your new co-worker can read. What if your new co-worker knows who you are and was, at one time, an immigrant (smelly or not)to this country? Yeah, I know the thick skin story, but why risk a potential headache by posting something on an internet forum? That's all I was saying.

And personally, there is nothing worse then a new person that complains at ANY job! ha. I'm sure you've dealt with them coming out of FLETC and getting stuck in the crap posts/assignments/positions that all rookies get assigned to until they earn some dust. Am I right or wrong?

I thought my friends case was a little extreme and it sounded like they were out to get him anyways. Who knows. Just food for thought for those who are posting stuff on here and don't retain credentials and a badge.
                Last edited by seeOH; 06-06-2009, 06:37 PM.

Comment

• buenhec,
                  It took me approximately 2 1/2 months to receive a T.O. and my GEO needs ppl as well. I scored something like an 81. Anything is possible, but you're cutting it close. The recent delay in calls should not pose a problem for T.O.'s being handed out. Anywhoo, I wish you the best of luck.
                  Written: 12-11-08
                  Medical: 3-28-09 Pending
                  B.I.: 5-21-09 pending

Comment

• Originally posted by seeOH View Post
                    Understood. Nope, this was a state law enforcement job my friend got booted from. Nope, I worked for the DOJ for a while... but hated it so I now work in a weird industry and hate that more... and i want back into the federal system.

And i truly agree that AI has a much bigger fish to fry. But don't you think some pre-academy people should watch what they say?! They announce when and where they are reporting and then say somethings that, I personally, wouldn't say as a new guy into LE. We all think it but maybe it's best somethings are left unsaid. I don't take offense to some of the things said but there are those people who do. We've all worked or work with them and the last thing you want to do is say something like "smelly immigrants" on an internet forum that your new co-worker can read. What if your new co-worker knows who you are and was, at one time, an immigrant (smelly or not)to this country? Yeah, I know the thick skin story, but why risk a potential headache by posting something on an internet forum? That's all I was saying.

And personally, there is nothing worse then a new person that complains at ANY job! ha. I'm sure you've dealt with them coming out of FLETC and getting stuck in the crap posts/assignments/positions that all rookies get assigned to until they earn some dust. Am I right or wrong?

I thought my friends case was a little extreme and it sounded like they were out to get him anyways. Who knows. Just food for thought for those who are posting stuff on here and don't retain credentials and a badge.
                    I see your point, and agree.

The best bet for rookies is to keep it zipped, and learn the job. You are right.

But, we can't make a big deal about everything either.

And some passengers really really smell bad. I mean, like they took a poop-bath before they got on the plane, and then peed themselves.

Comment

And some passengers really really smell bad. I mean, like they took a poop-bath before they got on the plane, and then peed themselves.
                      LMAO!
                      Luck is where preparation meets opportunity. - Seneca

Comment

• What locations are handing out TOs quickest? Anyone know?
                        BPA EOD - 09/06/10

Comment

HA! I might have you beat though. I worked corrections for a while and let me tell you... 99% of the inmate population I dealt with understood the importance of good hygiene in a prison... the 1% that didn't were some of the most vulgar smelling people I've had the dis-privilege of meeting. I've smelled dead bodies that were more tolerable.

Comment

• Originally posted by buenhec
                            I just got my NOR today (86). I understand that in Calexico there is a huge demand for officers. I have 59 days to get a TO before my 37th bday. Anyone revcd a TO for Calexico/Andrade? Is this realistic?
                            You have an uphill climb in front of you, but you wouldn't be the first person to get a TO in less than 60 days. Realistic...maybe. Definitely possible.

Comment

• Originally posted by merlin436 View Post
                              You have an uphill climb in front of you, but you wouldn't be the first person to get a TO in less than 60 days. Realistic...maybe. Definitely possible.
                              Didn't border patrol increase the age for recruits to 40? I can't seem to find any Customs specific FAQ's about it.
                              CBPO
                              GEO - NY/JFK

TO - 01/09
                              PE Forms - Completed
                              Fitness - Completed
                              VBT - 03/09 - Completed
                              Drug Screen - Completed
                              Qual - 05/09 - Completed
                              B.I. - 05/09 - Completed
                              TSU

Comment

• yes BP did they raise their age limit. but this is different from CBP Officer.

Q: Is there an age limit in the Border Patrol?
                                A: Yes. Currently you must not have reached your 40th birthday by the time of your referral for selection, unless you previously served or currently serve in what is termed a "covered" federal civilian law enforcement position. You must serve a minimum of 20 years to retire.
                                Last edited by ask80; 06-07-2009, 01:42 AM.

Comment

MR300x250 Tablet

Collapse

What's Going On

Collapse

There are currently 10822 users online. 375 members and 10447 guests.

Most users ever online was 19,482 at 12:44 PM on 09-29-2011.

Welcome Ad

Collapse
                                Working...
                                X