300x250 Mobile

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by Cbpstyle View Post
    Ever think that someone for DHS may monitor this site/forum . And posting like yours may link certain individuals . Especially with posts of exact timelines and geo preference.... Watch what you say .... Someone may be watching .
    This is why I don't posts my timelines
    I have second hand experience with a simliar case that cost someone their career for posting stuff on officer.com's forums. Freedom of speech, yes. But integrity and values are above your rights as an LEO.

Comment

• Originally posted by friedlumpia View Post
      I'm right there with you man, I also chose SW border. I tested 3/3/09 got my NOR a week later and till this day no TO yet. This sucks.
      Wow. I tested 2/21/09 for SW Border and got a TO in April. My medical just cleared yesterday. Now all that's left is the BI. Hope you guys get your TO's soon. What was your score on the written?

Comment

• Originally posted by seeOH View Post
        I have second hand experience with a simliar case that cost someone their career for posting stuff on officer.com's forums. Freedom of speech, yes. But integrity and values are above your rights as an LEO.

Ahh. Second hand?

That's a heap of crapola..lol.

Comment

• Originally posted by ford123 View Post
          Ahh. Second hand?

That's a heap of crapola..lol.

First hand would have ment it was me... I'm not silly enough to lose my job by blatting my mouth on some internet forum that anyone can read. A friend of mine was fired for inappropriate comments and disseminating material to the public that was considered safe guarded by his academy on this website.

Don't accuse me of lying if you don't know me. Silly you.
          Last edited by seeOH; 06-06-2009, 06:38 AM.

Comment

• Originally posted by mia1970 View Post
            Kc12, thanks for the insight. I had no idea that the case loads were that heavy. You guys must never sleep!
            Just for the sake of accuracy, that was an old job, I am currently a CBPO.
            But when a long train of abuses and usurpations, pursuing invariably the same object, evinces a design to reduce them under absolute Despotism, it is their right, it is their duty, to throw off such Government, and to provide new guards for their future security.

For the intelectually challenged: If the government screws the people enough, it is the right and responsibility of the people to revolt and form a new government.

Comment

• Originally posted by buenhec
              What gives? Took the test April 29th and still no NOR. I turn 37 in August. This is going to be very very close. Anyone get their test reults back?
              you have to be appointed by the age 37. So I am sorry to say that you have no chance sir

Comment

• Originally posted by TuffStuffCBP View Post
                I think it is 1 year from the date of test or resolution.

Is anyone other than ImLikeaNinja and myself waiting for a JFK EOD?
                TUFF stuff, I think you should fell very lucky to get a TSU with your score of 83. I have been waitng for JFK since I reapplied in April.(90) If this last announcement was being used for current TOS you would really fall far to the bottom. Seems as though you really backed into this ofer. Good luck .
                FYI I was originally EOD in April but turned down for a geo location switch

Comment

• That's what I was thinking. The place where I really sped up was the TO - TSU. That seemed to go lightning fast from start to finish: a few days over 4 months. I think it is because I applied and processed before the economy did its death knell and people needed to make career changes en masse; I somehow rode the curve. From what I've heard, the TSU isn't as much of a suprise as the T.O. is. TSU is unofficially guaranteed as long as you pass all requirements and people don't lose your file, but a TO is a crapshoot for people with lower passing scores. I don't believe the test score enters into the TSU equation.

Or my application for GS-7 just put me into a smaller pool.

I don't know what happened on that test. I've never scored so low on anything in my life. If I could go back I'd study. Math has always been my weakest point, pulling all other scores down - I was remarkably unprepared for the formulas that I hadn't looked at since early undergrad/High School.

Everybody on these forums seems to have gotten a 90 or better. So much for bell curves and averages. I post my score and timeline to help people get an understanding of the process and how unique it is for each person, even though my score is a bit ....

PS - does anyone who has gone to Fletc or is still there know what the math subjects are like?
                  Last edited by TuffStuffCBP; 06-06-2009, 10:15 AM.
                  CBPO
                  GEO - NY/JFK
                  TEST - 03/08 (NOR: 04/08)

TO - 01/09
                  PE Forms - Completed
                  Fitness - Completed
                  VBT - 03/09 - Completed
                  Drug Screen - Completed
                  Qual - 05/09 - Completed
                  B.I. - 05/09 - Completed
                  Medical - 05/09 - Completed
                  TSU

EOD: ???
                  FLETC: ???

Comment

• Originally posted by TPA3312 View Post
                    The TSU Lounge seems to be getting more and more crowded.

Once you learn the secret sign, password, and knock of a master member, you will find the basement has some top shelf items.

Hey Guys, The good news is that after 120 days in the TSU Lounge you get a table named after you. LOL

Comment

• That is a quick turnaround time!!! I'm thinking your score on the written sped things up for you as I only scored in the 80's (no veteran points)..

Like I said, I'm turning 37 y/o in Sept., and judging from "Cbpstyle's" comment towards "buenhec" , am I just out of luck as well??

Originally posted by D.Vader View Post
                      Wow. I tested 2/21/09 for SW Border and got a TO in April. My medical just cleared yesterday. Now all that's left is the BI. Hope you guys get your TO's soon. What was your score on the written?
                      Timelines:

CBPO
                      App: 2/12/09
                      Geo: Revised; CA Long Beach, San Bernardino, L.A.
                      Written: 2/20/09
                      NOR: 3/2/09 (81 no vet pref.)
                      TO: ? (reached my 37th bday 9/09)

IEA
                      App: 5/5/09
                      Geo: San Diego
                      Written: 6/5/09 (75.8 no vet pref.)
                      NOR: 7/20/09
                      Faxed Documents: 7/7/09
                      TO: 10/6/09
                      Mailed Documents: 10/16/09
                      Oral Interview: 12/02/09 Passed

BPA
                      Geo: SW Border-El Centro/San Diego Area
                      App: 8/17/10
                      Written: 10/6 Passed (73 w/ no vet pref.)
                      TO: 11/10/10 (pre emp forms due 11/22)

Comment

• Originally posted by DCH View Post
                        That is a quick turnaround time!!! I'm thinking your score on the written sped things up for you as I only scored in the 80's (no veteran points)..

Like I said, I'm turning 37 y/o in Sept., and judging from "Cbpstyle's" comment towards "buenhec" , am I just out of luck as well??
                        You never know what will happen. Keep feeding MHC e-mails. I am convinced that it puts flame under burners. People are always telling everybody "impossible", but I don't buy it. Direct all questions regarding eligibility to CBP. I mentioned an issue that I had on these forums and it was met with suprise that I wasn't dropped from the process instantly. We don't know the deal.

BTW what is your timeline?
                        Last edited by TuffStuffCBP; 06-06-2009, 11:32 AM.
                        CBPO
                        GEO - NY/JFK

TO - 01/09
                        PE Forms - Completed
                        Fitness - Completed
                        VBT - 03/09 - Completed
                        Drug Screen - Completed
                        Qual - 05/09 - Completed
                        B.I. - 05/09 - Completed
                        TSU

Comment

• Originally posted by TuffStuffCBP View Post
                          That's what I was thinking. The place where I really sped up was the TO - TSU. That seemed to go lightning fast from start to finish: a few days over 4 months. I think it is because I applied and processed before the economy did its death knell and people needed to make career changes en masse; I somehow rode the curve. From what I've heard, the TSU isn't as much of a suprise as the T.O. is. TSU is unofficially guaranteed as long as you pass all requirements and people don't lose your file, but a TO is a crapshoot for people with lower passing scores. I don't believe the test score enters into the TSU equation.

Or my application for GS-7 just put me into a smaller pool.

I don't know what happened on that test. I've never scored so low on anything in my life. If I could go back I'd study. Math has always been my weakest point, pulling all other scores down - I was remarkably unprepared for the formulas that I hadn't looked at since early undergrad/High School.

Everybody on these forums seems to have gotten a 90 or better. So much for bell curves and averages. I post my score and timeline to help people get an understanding of the process and how unique it is for each person, even though my score is a bit ....

PS - does anyone who has gone to Fletc or is still there know what the math subjects are like?
                          The only math you'll do there, is figuring out how many questions you can get wrong and still pass your tests!

Comment

• Originally posted by barnaj View Post
                            The only math you'll do there, is figuring out how many questions you can get wrong and still pass your tests!
                            Yess! haha.

I just realized that we have a D. Vader and a Darth Vader on here. That was confusing.
                            CBPO
                            GEO - NY/JFK

TO - 01/09
                            PE Forms - Completed
                            Fitness - Completed
                            VBT - 03/09 - Completed
                            Drug Screen - Completed
                            Qual - 05/09 - Completed
                            B.I. - 05/09 - Completed
                            TSU

Comment

• Originally posted by Cbpstyle View Post
                              Ever think that someone for DHS may monitor this site/forum . And posting like yours may link certain individuals . Especially with posts of exact timelines and geo preference.... Watch what you say .... Someone may be watching .
                              This is why I don't posts my timelines
                              Hi Cbpstyle, Who were you talking about when you said "and posting like yours"? Also, were you talking about the signature timeline we post for all of our pre-employment proccess? Sorry for all the questions. I just wanted to be clear on what you think should be talked about here and what not. I don't want to get in trouble.

Thanks

Comment

• Originally posted by NJNJ View Post
                                TUFF stuff, I think you should fell very lucky to get a TSU with your score of 83. I have been waitng for JFK since I reapplied in April.(90) If this last announcement was being used for current TOS you would really fall far to the bottom. Seems as though you really backed into this ofer. Good luck .
                                FYI I was originally EOD in April but turned down for a geo location switch
                                The Lady at TSU told me that score only matters when it comes to the order in which you receive a TO. As far as TSU, it's all about when you entered. I know people ahead of me in TSU who have lower test scores. I know people who tested after me, have lower scores, but there backgrounds finished before mine and they entered TSU before me and are currently at FLETC. She also told me that it GS-5 and Gs-7 doesn’t matter either, again, it's all about the order in which you entered TSU.

66 days in TSU!!

Comment

MR300x250 Tablet

Collapse

What's Going On

Collapse

There are currently 8704 users online. 363 members and 8341 guests.

Most users ever online was 19,482 at 12:44 PM on 09-29-2011.

Welcome Ad

Collapse
                                Working...
                                X