300x250 Mobile

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by BillyHoyle View Post
    Well at least they have my file, right? Ha. Well, back to the TSU Tavern. Think I'm going to open a tab, might be here a while.
    The TSU Lounge seems to be getting more and more crowded.

Once you learn the secret sign, password, and knock of a master member, you will find the basement has some top shelf items.
    Luck is where preparation meets opportunity. - Seneca

Comment

• Post deleted
      Last edited by Cbpstyle; 06-05-2009, 11:04 PM. Reason: Delete post ..,,,...............:

Comment

• Ever think that someone for DHS may monitor this site/forum . And posting like yours may link certain individuals . Especially with posts of exact timelines and geo preference.... Watch what you say .... Someone may be watching .
        This is why I don't posts my timelines
        Last edited by Cbpstyle; 06-05-2009, 11:07 PM. Reason: Edit post

Comment

• lol, I'll let them know you're coming

don't worry, there is a plenty of room here!

Originally posted by CBPhOpeful View Post
          HAHAHA +1 blk98gt.

AmahastPl,
          You should tell your supervisors to hold a position for me
          Hopefully my BI and medical clear soon, so I can join you!

Still waiting...
          CBPO Timeline
          Geo: Virginia and D.C. Test: 12/10/08
          NOR: 12/20/08 (86%) TO: 02/02/09
          Forms: 02/11/09 VBT: 02/25/09
          Medical: 03/03/09 Fitness: 03/03/09
          Drug Test: 03/12/09 Qualifications: 03/26/09
          BI: 04/09/09 (my B-day gift!)
          Met with Investigator: 04/15/09 TSU: 04/10/09
          The Call: 05/01/09 10.30am
          EOD: 06/01/09 -- Dulles Airport
          FLETC: 07/01/09 -- Class 957
          Graduation: 10/14/09

Comment

• Pre-Academy

I just finished my first week of "work" at Blaine, WA and figured I would post some info in case any body is curious:

Of the 4 weeks at Pre-Academy, 2 of them will be almost nothing but online classes, videos, and talking to anybody who cares to help. Throw in some orientation paperwork and there you go. Yes it is boring, but you will be quickly learning a lot about this job, especially if you make the effort to ask questions from those who've been there a while.

Every 4 months the officers over here must be requalified on firearms and hand to hand combat type stuff. I spent the whole day with 6+ officers who were requalifying and it was neat seeing their techniques on the mat. In the afternoon we went to an outdoor firing range and saw them run through live scenarios, which ended in either the bad dudes getting cuffed or shot. Pretty sweet stuff. Anyone who is worried about the long trigger pull should relax. It is a good gun and the bullet still hits the target. What else do you need?

The last two weeks I have in Blaine will be shadowing someone. I am told this is boring, but it really will be a good chance to see what a person encounters on their shift. I think it will great.

I would say I have had conversations with about 30 experienced officers and every one of them seems genuinely nice and wanting to help me and the other newbies succeed. Good place to work.

Because of the winter olympics and the world police and fire games that will all be taking place in the Vancouver area within the next 8 months, Blaine was moved to the top of the hiring list a couple months ago. So they are hiring like mad (this counts the whole Northern WA area). Monday 12 new guys start and there looks to be about 20 more within the next 3 weeks after them. Based on who was training this week and who is yet to come, I would say this area hired about 50 people in an 8 week span. Most likely they won't be hiring much more after this time frame because they will be finally caught up on the man power they've needed for a while. If you haven't been called for Blaine yet...hopefully I am wrong.

I don't plan on checking this website much more, but if anyone has a question to ask me feel free to PM me. I do not feel any of this info I posted is confidential and hopefully the other CBPOs agree. Good luck to those of you waiting.
            Written: 12/9
            NOR: 12/12 (94)
            TO: 1/29
            VBT: 2/26 completed
            Medical: 4/27 completed
            Fitness: 3/2 completed
            Drug: 3/12 completed
            BI: completed with interim clearance (met BI on 3/18)
            Quals: completed on 3/19
            The Call: 4/27
            EOD: 6/1 Blaine, WA
            FLETC: 7/1

Comment

• Originally posted by 5hole View Post
              Because of the winter olympics and the world police and fire games that will all be taking place in the Vancouver area within the next 8 months, Blaine was moved to the top of the hiring list a couple months ago.

hmmm... maybe if Chicago wins the 2016 games I'll get the call by 2015? lol
              Geo: Illinois
              Test Score: 94
              Quals: GS-7
              T.O.: 8/7/2007
              Referred to Schedule EOD

"Theirs not to make reply, Theirs not to reason why, Theirs but to do and die"

Comment

• Originally posted by CBPhOpeful View Post
                HAHAHA +1 blk98gt.

AmahastPl,
                You should tell your supervisors to hold a position for me
                Hopefully my BI and medical clear soon, so I can join you!

Still waiting...
                Hey man! Wait your turn! I'm next in line hahahaha

Comment

• Originally posted by AmahastPL View Post
                  lol, I'll let them know you're coming

don't worry, there is a plenty of room here!
                  Really??? Then why haven't I gotten the call yet

Comment

• Originally posted by BillyHoyle View Post
                    hmmm... maybe if Chicago wins the 2016 games I'll get the call by 2015? lol
                    Daley is still trying to bribe the Olympic committee, crime out of control, and 26th and Cal is overflowing and understaffed like CPD.
                    You shut your mouth when you're talking to me!

Comment

• Originally posted by tippmann87 View Post

Hiring is only partially about openings at a port. It's much more about funded training openings.

Regardless of how short a port is, you'll only get the call when somebody decides that your port has priority over every other port for the next funded slot in FLETC.

Comment

• Originally posted by buenhec
                        What gives? Took the test April 29th and still no NOR. I turn 37 in August. This is going to be very very close. Anyone get their test reults back?
                        Just got mine today. I tested on 5/2/09
                        Last edited by Yea_Buddy; 06-06-2009, 01:43 AM.

Comment

• Originally posted by merlin436 View Post
                          Hiring is only partially about openings at a port. It's much more about funded training openings.

Regardless of how short a port is, you'll only get the call when somebody decides that your port has priority over every other port for the next funded slot in FLETC.
                          I understand that, I was just giving him crap hahahah

Comment

• Hey Yea Buddy, I feel yer pain as I too am turning 37 soon.

I took my written back in 20 Feb '09 and just rec'd NOR this past May. Still waiting on further as I haven't rec'd the TO/packet, etc... Although, I did meet a CBPO new hire that just got orders to FLETC and he warned me about the wait times and such, so no surprises here.

Anyone else with geo. loc. SW Border Area (CA) waiting to hear further from MHC?

DCH
                            Timelines:

CBPO
                            App: 2/12/09
                            Geo: Revised; CA Long Beach, San Bernardino, L.A.
                            Written: 2/20/09
                            NOR: 3/2/09 (81 no vet pref.)
                            TO: ? (reached my 37th bday 9/09)

IEA
                            App: 5/5/09
                            Geo: San Diego
                            Written: 6/5/09 (75.8 no vet pref.)
                            NOR: 7/20/09
                            Faxed Documents: 7/7/09
                            TO: 10/6/09
                            Mailed Documents: 10/16/09
                            Oral Interview: 12/02/09 Passed

BPA
                            Geo: SW Border-El Centro/San Diego Area
                            App: 8/17/10
                            Written: 10/6 Passed (73 w/ no vet pref.)
                            TO: 11/10/10 (pre emp forms due 11/22)

Comment

• Man, to join CBP you first will need to figure out how to get out of Terminal C. I'll be damned if I'll ever again take a ride of your Lunar Lander Mobile just to see a line of 10,000 paxes in front of your checkpoint!

And Wendy's at Dulles has no dollar menu! What gives?

Originally posted by tippmann87 View Post
                              CBPO Timeline
                              Geo: Virginia and D.C. Test: 12/10/08
                              NOR: 12/20/08 (86%) TO: 02/02/09
                              Forms: 02/11/09 VBT: 02/25/09
                              Medical: 03/03/09 Fitness: 03/03/09
                              Drug Test: 03/12/09 Qualifications: 03/26/09
                              BI: 04/09/09 (my B-day gift!)
                              Met with Investigator: 04/15/09 TSU: 04/10/09
                              The Call: 05/01/09 10.30am
                              EOD: 06/01/09 -- Dulles Airport
                              FLETC: 07/01/09 -- Class 957
                              Graduation: 10/14/09

Comment

• Originally posted by DCH View Post
                                Hey Yea Buddy, I feel yer pain as I too am turning 37 soon.

I took my written back in 20 Feb '09 and just rec'd NOR this past May. Still waiting on further as I haven't rec'd the TO/packet, etc... Although, I did meet a CBPO new hire that just got orders to FLETC and he warned me about the wait times and such, so no surprises here.

Anyone else with geo. loc. SW Border Area (CA) waiting to hear further from MHC?

DCH
                                I'm right there with you man, I also chose SW border. I tested 3/3/09 got my NOR a week later and till this day no TO yet. This sucks.

Comment

MR300x250 Tablet

Collapse

What's Going On

Collapse

There are currently 10845 users online. 511 members and 10334 guests.

Most users ever online was 19,482 at 12:44 PM on 09-29-2011.

Welcome Ad

Collapse
                                Working...
                                X