300x250 Mobile

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by Reapplied View Post
    When are you allowed to change your Geo. Loc.? Can you change it at anytime if you didn't get a TO yet?
    You can change your geographic preference at any time as long as a TO has not been issued.

Comment

• Originally posted by Draven27 View Post
      That would be me. Do you want the bad news or good news??

Well, the good news is I GOT THE CALL!!!! Like an hour ago. Choices were Oroville or Point Roberts.

The bad news, and take it as you will, the guy told me that he only had one position left. I asked if he had one position or one PORT left. He said "Oh sorry, I have TWO left. Positions that is." SO I will be deciding and calling him back by tomorrow afternoon and giving him my decision so for those of you waiting for Norther Border, WA, after me, Im figuring there will only be ONE person left to call. He also said Blaine "shut down" with the hiring. Sorry fellas.

EOD on either June 15th or 22nd. So since RobRok took Sumas and I'll most likely be takng Pt Roberts so there will only be Oroville left.

Like I said, take it as you will. It turned out that a previous post telling me that people who get offers here on out wont start the academy til after summer. Good lucky everyone.

Oh, UofU76, to answer your question, I was never notified I was transferred to TSU, but my CASS cleared yesterday so I guess Im in the same boat as RobRok.
      That's surprising since they're building a brand new (huge) border crossing at Blaine.

Congrats on the call though.

Comment

• Originally posted by Darth Vader View Post
        When do the medical and fitness expire?
        I think it is 1 year from the date of test or resolution.

Is anyone other than ImLikeaNinja and myself waiting for a JFK EOD?
        CBPO
        GEO - NY/JFK
        TEST - 03/08 (NOR: 04/08)

TO - 01/09
        PE Forms - Completed
        Fitness - Completed
        VBT - 03/09 - Completed
        Drug Screen - Completed
        Qual - 05/09 - Completed
        B.I. - 05/09 - Completed
        Medical - 05/09 - Completed
        TSU

EOD: ???
        FLETC: ???

Comment

• Originally posted by TuffStuffCBP View Post

Is that 1 year for each?

Comment

• Originally posted by Darth Vader View Post
            Is that 1 year for each?
            I'm not sure. I'd imagine you go to the doctors office and they do the same thing as last time plus whatever new regulations are in place. They would probably ask you general health questions before they administered any stressful tests. I'm talking out of my hat. I'm sure that there are a number of people who have to take the tests again.
            CBPO
            GEO - NY/JFK
            TEST - 03/08 (NOR: 04/08)

TO - 01/09
            PE Forms - Completed
            Fitness - Completed
            VBT - 03/09 - Completed
            Drug Screen - Completed
            Qual - 05/09 - Completed
            B.I. - 05/09 - Completed
            Medical - 05/09 - Completed
            TSU

EOD: ???
            FLETC: ???

Comment

I'm not sure. I'd imagine you go to the doctors office and they do the same thing as last time plus whatever new regulations are in place. They would probably ask you general health questions before they administered any stressful tests. I'm talking out of my hat. I'm sure that there are a number of people who have to take the tests again.
              Thanks

Comment

• Hi guys I have a general question for anyone who feels so inclined to answer. Currently I'm still waiting for a TO, but I'm dying to get into CBP so I was thinking about changing my Geo Preference in an attempt to get a TO faster. my question is, what ports/cities/locations seem to have need for more staff? What are the big ports? If a city comes up that interests me, I might take a chance and change my preference. Thanks guys!
                BPA EOD - 09/06/10

Comment

I am

TSU 03/26/09

Comment

• Man... with all the speculations about hiring... both good and bad that is... I don't know what to believe anymore. I keep telling myself to not get excited when unlisted phone numbers call... but I can't help getting my hopes up! I just want an answer! Even if someone called and said you're going to have to wait till next year to go to FLETC I would be cool with that. I just want to know!!!

Comment

• Originally posted by TPA3312 View Post
                      AmahastPL

Thank you for your posts on how your first few days have gone. Please do not be discouraged by the few overly politically correct individuals that can’t stand to hear the truth. You spoke a harsh reality of the job, and some don’t want to hear it.
                      +1
                      Although I don't think the passangers smell as bad as strip searching a 100 bums at the county jail with no air conditioning.
                      Oh no. I hope I didn't offend any bums. Point is, bum @$$ smells like du du and so do passangers after a long trip. Let's not split hairs over the obvious.
                      Same team people.
                      You shut your mouth when you're talking to me!

Comment

• Originally posted by gsa85 View Post
                        Hi guys I have a general question for anyone who feels so inclined to answer. Currently I'm still waiting for a TO, but I'm dying to get into CBP so I was thinking about changing my Geo Preference in an attempt to get a TO faster. my question is, what ports/cities/locations seem to have need for more staff? What are the big ports? If a city comes up that interests me, I might take a chance and change my preference. Thanks guys!
                        I'm not sure if they're currently doing this but when I applied you could pick "anywhere" as an option which would obviously put you in the running wherever they need applicants. The problem with it is if you pick anywhere you're going to be stuck wherever they want to send you. Just FYI CBP has a port of entry in Alcan, Alaska

Comment

• Does anyone out there have an EOD date for the Virgin Islands or heard of anyone applying for that location?

Comment

Slow down buddy we aint ridin' in the carpool lane yet. I'm still waiting on a T.O. for JFK.

When. You've been in TSU for JFK since march?!? I thought JFK was one of those huge ports that has a lot of turnaround. The CBPO that administered my VBT told me they lose like 30 officers a month. What the heck is taking so long? Holy crap I'm never getting hired.
                            Last edited by imlikeaninja; 06-05-2009, 10:37 PM.

Comment

• HAHAHA +1 blk98gt.

AmahastPl,
                              You should tell your supervisors to hold a position for me
                              Hopefully my BI and medical clear soon, so I can join you!

Still waiting...
                              Written: 12-11-08
                              Medical: 3-28-09 Pending
                              B.I.: 5-21-09 pending

Comment

• Update for ppl waiting for Illinois. E-mailed TSU, they got back to me very fast and had this to say about hiring for my GEO.

"Good morning Andrew,

Your file has been referred to the Scheduling Unit; however at this time we do not have vacancies in Illinois. Once we see vacancies, we will call you with the offer in the order that your file was referred to Scheduling. Unfortunately we have no way of telling when we’ll see vacancies, so we are unable to give you a time frame.

Thank you,

Training Scheduling Unit

Minneapolis Hiring Center

Department of Homeland Security "

Well at least they have my file, right? Ha. Well, back to the TSU Tavern. Think I'm going to open a tab, might be here a while.
                                Geo: Illinois
                                Test Score: 94
                                Quals: GS-7
                                T.O.: 8/7/2007
                                Referred to Schedule EOD

"Theirs not to make reply, Theirs not to reason why, Theirs but to do and die"

Comment

MR300x250 Tablet

Collapse

What's Going On

Collapse

There are currently 6356 users online. 234 members and 6122 guests.

Most users ever online was 19,482 at 12:44 PM on 09-29-2011.

Welcome Ad

Collapse
                                Working...
                                X