Collapse

300x250 Mobile

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• TPA--This biggest problem with that description is the information collection and write up of the report. The way it is worded is a bit misleading. The information gathering stage can be divided into phases, the automated checks and the fieldwork. Out of those two the longest part is the field work. The automated checks are completed first by a person sitting at a computer and entering the information. Response is almost instantaneous. Those checks will be done within a few hours. The fieldwork can take a bit longer due to the many variables discussed. However the government has policy in place now requiring all field reports to be completed within 30 days. I do not know if they allow time for assigning, essentially giving 45 or some other number of days. If it takes a person more than an hour or two to type up a complete, accurate and acceptable report of investigation that person is either an idiot or a newbie. I still remember writing my first complete SSBI. It took four hours, but that time dropped dramatically once I became more comfortable with the computer systems and the way the reports needed to be worded.
    But when a long train of abuses and usurpations, pursuing invariably the same object, evinces a design to reduce them under absolute Despotism, it is their right, it is their duty, to throw off such Government, and to provide new guards for their future security.

For the intelectually challenged: If the government screws the people enough, it is the right and responsibility of the people to revolt and form a new government.

Comment

• kc12

Thanks for the clarification, and taking time to answer questions for us applicants.
      Luck is where preparation meets opportunity. - Seneca

Comment

• Originally posted by TPA3312 View Post
        kc12

Thanks for the clarification, and taking time to answer questions for us applicants.
        Thank you both, so much for the in-depth explanation. It seems shrouded in so much mystery, every time I read or hear IA I think of a magical land you find by walking through a hidden door in your closet. You both confirmed my suspicion as well. If we lived in a perfect world, the BI would personally hand the file to an adjudicator, who would then be the only person to touch it until the adjudication was finished. In that world, there should be no reason for this process to take more than a month. Your time and knowledge are greatly appreciated.

Comment

• My BI text me a little while ago wanting to go over a few more things. He said that he going to be submitting my case today. Just needed to clearify a warrent that I was picked up on a few years back. It was for a modified muffler and led lights on the hood of my car. I forgot to pay them, and eventually they caught up to me lol. But I paid it when they got me to the station. He is also surprised that I did not have alot of referencses lol. Like I told him during the interview, I dont need alot of friends, I have a select few that I have that I actually trust. Everyone else are just associates no more.

see what happens
          CBPO
          Written: ~06-08
          T.O.: 3-09
          Pre-employment forms: 3-09 Completed
          Fitness: 4-09 Completed
          Medical: 4-09 Completed
          VBT: 3-09 Completed
          Drug test: 3-09 Completed
          Quals: 4-09 Completed
          B.I.: 08-06-09 Completed
          Geo Pref: SW - Texas/NM (Took El Paso, TX)
          TSU:08-07-09
          EOD:08-17-09
          FLETC:Sept 10 - Dec 30

"While watching you through the scope of my rifle, all I can say is: "You can run but you WILL die tired""

Comment

• Can any CBPO tell, How it is the academy ? What i should expect there ? What should i expect in the 3 weeks in San Luis, AZ ?

Comment

• AmahastPL

Thank you for your posts on how your first few days have gone. Please do not be discouraged by the few overly politically correct individuals that can’t stand to hear the truth. You spoke a harsh reality of the job, and some don’t want to hear it.
              Luck is where preparation meets opportunity. - Seneca

Comment

• Originally posted by kc12 View Post
                It is in USIS's policy that the subject not be contacted. This is actually for a very good business reason. The vast majority of BI's completed by the federal government are completed by USIS. The investigators are under extreme pressure in some areas to produce large amounts of cases. If the investigator called everyone who wanted to be notified of their status then there wouldn't be as many cases pushed through. Yes one person only takes about five minutes to notify, but when I was pushing cases I could complete 10-15 cases per week. Some senior investigators were pushing 25 per week. If everyone is notified that their case is being forwarded that is time on the clock that nothing is being done. In the time spent notifying people of their status a few more small cases could be completed. The real slow down is in the adjudication process anyway.

With all of that said I would always try to give a general idea of when the investigation should wrap up and be submitted before I left, although it was not required. It worked for two things one it lets the person know about when it should be done and it worked to get them moving. I only transmitted cases on Fridays, so if the subject did not provide the information required by Thursday, their case did not get transmitted until the next Friday.
                Kc12, thanks for the insight. I had no idea that the case loads were that heavy. You guys must never sleep!

Comment

• To the person named ‘Reapplied’: please kindly cease and desists reading, commenting, quoting, or disseminating my posts in any way, shape, or form. You are on my ‘ignored’ list, and you are expressly forbidden from reading, commenting, or attempting to discuss on any of my postings.

To all others: While I am offering you my personal opinion and experience, please do remember my posts are mine and mine only. They portray my view of the job as I see it, experience it, and do not represent views or opinions of CBP, Federal Government, or Metropolitan Washington Airports Authority.

Well my dear I'm forbidden? lol ok "public" forum, ok well you are an "oathed" CBPO not sworn Officer you are not an Officer until you get you badge and creds....and right now you are CBP and what you say/views DO REPRESENT CBP/DHS!
                  These hands need your guidance!

Comment

• Originally posted by TPA3312 View Post
                    AmahastPL

Thank you for your posts on how your first few days have gone. Please do not be discouraged by the few overly politically correct individuals that can’t stand to hear the truth. You spoke a harsh reality of the job, and some don’t want to hear it.

It has nothing to do with being politically incorrect. We like Amahast and we want to see him safe on the thin ice that we are on for the first year. We all like to hear about the job, but not at Amhasts expense.

In fact, it's probably for the best that we are having a discussion on public forum discretion. We all want to hear the truth, but the truth is that some people are jerks and could use your words against you if you let them. I dislike putting things in writing because those things have a tendency of not going away these days. The talk about BO isn't a big deal, but this is the perfect place to use introspection on similar matters down the road.

I've "heard" of cops taking private pictures of suicide and homicide scenes. Not only is it warped, but it could get you kicked off of the force and sued personally by the family in spite of the truth it reveals. Disparate issues, I know, but Careful, careful.

Anyway, thanks for the insight, Amahast. I'm just being the Devil's advocate. I'm glad it is going well at Dulles.
                    Last edited by TuffStuffCBP; 06-05-2009, 01:35 PM.
                    CBPO
                    GEO - NY/JFK
                    TEST - 03/08 (NOR: 04/08)

TO - 01/09
                    PE Forms - Completed
                    Fitness - Completed
                    VBT - 03/09 - Completed
                    Drug Screen - Completed
                    Qual - 05/09 - Completed
                    B.I. - 05/09 - Completed
                    Medical - 05/09 - Completed
                    TSU

EOD: ???
                    FLETC: ???

Comment

• I just checked CASS today and my background investigation was checked off. The last thing on the list. Does this mean I should be getting a phone call soon? Anyone have any words of advice?

Comment

• Originally posted by ExRebel View Post
                        I just checked CASS today and my background investigation was checked off. The last thing on the list. Does this mean I should be getting a phone call soon? Anyone have any words of advice?
                        Congrats. I'm new to that boat too. I just waited for CASS to say my file was being double checked, then a few days later it said "referred to scheduling EOD". THEN we wait. And wait. Hopefully, before I get any more grey hairs, we get the call for out EOD date about 1 month later and a FLETC date 1 month after that. THEN we graduate Fletc after about 3 and 1/2 months and we are full-fledged Federales.
                        CBPO
                        GEO - NY/JFK
                        TEST - 03/08 (NOR: 04/08)

TO - 01/09
                        PE Forms - Completed
                        Fitness - Completed
                        VBT - 03/09 - Completed
                        Drug Screen - Completed
                        Qual - 05/09 - Completed
                        B.I. - 05/09 - Completed
                        Medical - 05/09 - Completed
                        TSU

EOD: ???
                        FLETC: ???

Comment

• AmahastPL,

Keep posting the unfiltered truth! Looking forward to Day 5.

- JDN
                          ICE IEA Philadelphia FO (Dingmans Ferry, PA)
                          Written: 5/15/08
                          NOR: 5/20/08
                          TO: 10/28/08
                          Medical/Drug Test: Cleared from CBP
                          Fitness: 2/02/09
                          BI: 3/15/09
                          OB: 4/24
                          EOD: 7/27
                          FLETC: 7/29 (Class 928)

CBPO Pennsylvania
                          Written: 3/15/08
                          NOR: 4/2/08
                          TO: 5/22/08
                          Pre-Emp Forms: 6/2/08
                          Fitness/Medical: 6/18/08
                          VBT: 6/30/08
                          Drug Test: 7/10/08
                          Quals: (GS-7) 7/23/08
                          Met w/ BI: 9/24/08
                          BI submitted: 10/10/08
                          TSU: 4/2/09
                          Removed from TSU (med/fit): 6/4
                          EOD:

Comment

• Originally posted by ExRebel View Post
                            I just checked CASS today and my background investigation was checked off. The last thing on the list. Does this mean I should be getting a phone call soon? Anyone have any words of advice?
                            Just keep waiting. Seriously.
                            Test: 12/8/08
                            EOD: June 22, 2009
                            Class 960
                            FLETC Graduation Date: October 28, 2009

Comment

• When do the medical and fitness expire?

Comment

• When are you allowed to change your Geo. Loc.? Can you change it at anytime if you didn't get a TO yet?
                                These hands need your guidance!

Comment

MR300x250 Tablet

Collapse

What's Going On

Collapse

There are currently 10877 users online. 366 members and 10511 guests.

Most users ever online was 19,482 at 12:44 PM on 09-29-2011.

Welcome Ad

Collapse
                                Working...
                                X