Collapse

300x250 Mobile

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Im in the same boat as lot of you but im applying for BPA, cass has everything except drug and BI completed. I spoke with my investigator and he said he finished it and submitted it middle of march, everything looked good and DHS hasnt needed anything else clarified.
    My question(s) is this how long once its completed am i going to wait. secondly should i call/email to see if i can do my drug test soon so everything is ready once they find my BI? Thanks -Stu
    Written: 12/07
    TO: 12/07
    Fitness: 1/08
    Medical: 1/08
    Oral Board: 2/08
    Quals: 3/08 (@ GS7)
    Background Started: 3/08

Comment

• Originally posted by sparke16 View Post
      My question(s) is this how long once its completed am i going to wait. secondly should i call/email to see if i can do my drug test soon so everything is ready once they find my BI? Thanks -Stu
      BI = 2 weeks to 18 months to clear

Scheduling a drug test might be hard to do... They like to keep them rather random. Expect a call to be somewhere the next day.

Comment

• hello all

I have been reading on this forum site since I took the written test in 02/07 and after a week finally was approved for this forum site. Just wanted to say hello all and that I will be posting my progess of the CBP hiring process ASAP. I have keeped it logged on my PDA.

Comment

• Fletc

Congrats ExSDSO! We're from the same neck of the woods. I will be there a week before you will, April 10!

Good luck and hope to see you there!

Originally posted by ExSDSO View Post
          Good Morning All I just wanted to let everyone know I got the Call this morning!!! Ill be attending the academy on April 17. When I get back Ill be at the San Ysidro Port of Entry.

Thank the lord and my family for all their support and encouragement!! To all you guys waiting all I can say is be patient and itll happen for you. I waited about 9 months!

Anyone else going to Georgia on April 17th-July 30th?

Comment

• Originally posted by madchiken View Post
            BI = 2 weeks to 18 months to clear

Scheduling a drug test might be hard to do... They like to keep them rather random. Expect a call to be somewhere the next day.
            ah, so even though i know the actual background check itself is complete they may not look at it for months?
            Written: 12/07
            TO: 12/07
            Fitness: 1/08
            Medical: 1/08
            Oral Board: 2/08
            Quals: 3/08 (@ GS7)
            Background Started: 3/08

Comment

• Is it possible to change the location of the VBT? I registered for NYC but I want to change that location. I am still waiting for my test scores...

Comment

• Miami Eric,

I just took the written here in Miami this past Saturday. It's just a matter of waiting now.

Good luck in the rest of the process!

Comment

• Originally posted by grullj View Post
                  Miami Eric,

I just took the written here in Miami this past Saturday. It's just a matter of waiting now.

Good luck in the rest of the process!
                  Good luck to you too! It took 1 month for me to get my NOR with TO. I'll let you know how it goes.

Comment

• I tested 3/7/08 and received my NOR this past Saturday 3/29. 89 with a Geo preference in MA. Do any CBPO's out there think I should change my Geo preference, or do I have a shot with an 89 in MA?

Comment

• Originally posted by RCS View Post
                      I tested 3/7/08 and received my NOR this past Saturday 3/29. 89 with a Geo preference in MA. Do any CBPO's out there think I should change my Geo preference, or do I have a shot with an 89 in MA?
                      I do not have the answer to your question. But I was wondering if you received your score via mail or application manager. And if you receive it in the mail does your score appear on application manager?

Comment

• Originally posted by shawal16 View Post
                        I do not have the answer to your question. But I was wondering if you received your score via mail or application manager. And if you receive it in the mail does your score appear on application manager?
                        I received my NOR by mail on Saturday. I just checked application manager and a copy of my NOR is in there also. Application Manager says 3/25/2008 which would be 4 days before I got it in the mail. Sorry if that is confusing!

Comment

• What was the announcement number for the lastest opening/exam? I can't seem to figure out how to register with application manager without an announcement number.

Comment

• Originally posted by JordanJZ View Post
                            What was the announcement number for the lastest opening/exam? I can't seem to figure out how to register with application manager without an announcement number.
                            The annoucement number is CBPO 08-02. I dont know how that will help though

Comment

• Is there ever a real-life interview or polygraph?

I have already completed my VBT, Medical (they took it from BPA), and my fitness test is scheduled for next week.

Comment

• Originally posted by dmgritte View Post
                                Is there ever a real-life interview or polygraph?

I have already completed my VBT, Medical (they took it from BPA), and my fitness test is scheduled for next week.
                                yes there is a real life interview. AS for me I had several calls from several different investigators as well as an inperson interview. I can also say that stay away from any local pubs or hang outs like that because they will visit those places so if your a regular at them stay away from them. You never know when you will have an investigator on your 6. Also call me parnoid but because they do lurk about your neighbor at anytime becareful as to what kind of trash you have in those garbage bags. " one mans trash is another mans investigative tool"
                                Last edited by cbp1811; 04-01-2008, 02:18 AM. Reason: adding on

Comment

MR300x250 Tablet

Collapse

What's Going On

Collapse

There are currently 10470 users online. 358 members and 10112 guests.

Most users ever online was 19,482 at 12:44 PM on 09-29-2011.

Welcome Ad

Collapse
                                Working...
                                X