300x250 Mobile

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by Draven27 View Post
    That would be me. Do you want the bad news or good news??

Well, the good news is I GOT THE CALL!!!! Like an hour ago. Choices were Oroville or Point Roberts.

The bad news, and take it as you will, the guy told me that he only had one position left. I asked if he had one position or one PORT left. He said "Oh sorry, I have TWO left. Positions that is." SO I will be deciding and calling him back by tomorrow afternoon and giving him my decision so for those of you waiting for Norther Border, WA, after me, Im figuring there will only be ONE person left to call. He also said Blaine "shut down" with the hiring. Sorry fellas.

EOD on either June 15th or 22nd. So since RobRok took Sumas and I'll most likely be takng Pt Roberts so there will only be Oroville left.

Like I said, take it as you will. It turned out that a previous post telling me that people who get offers here on out wont start the academy til after summer. Good lucky everyone.

Oh, UofU76, to answer your question, I was never notified I was transferred to TSU, but my CASS cleared yesterday so I guess Im in the same boat as RobRok.
    Congrats on the call...

My BI called me today, he's done with all the paperworks, so he's sending them out today...I hope Northern WA is still hiring by the time I'm fully cleared...
    TSU - 8/28/09
    TO - 3/2009
    On the job

Comment

• this was posted in the CBP-delphi forum: just thought i would share.. BUFFALO-GEO:
      To: DJ70 unread (48 of 50)

"i just got off the phone with the hiring center and the lady I spoke with was a huge help for calming my nerves. I'm in the hunt for Buffalo and she said unfortunately they have no openings at this point but they will be hiring again when spots becomes available. There is no official freeze but having the big bursts of hiring has just slowed things down.

For me and everyone else going for Buffalo, she said the last person they hired had a TSU date of March 30th. My date is April 2nd and she said as long as Buffalo has 2 or 3 spots, I can expect a call in the next batch. Hope this can maybe help clear things up for some people also."
      CBPO

Comment

• Originally posted by bflogirl View Post
        It took 6 months to get a TO for me and I got an 85. Plus you might never get one depends how many people did better than you.
        What's your Geo Preference?
        BPA EOD - 09/06/10

Comment

• who does your bi work for?

Originally posted by sr20 View Post
          Congrats on the call...

My BI called me today, he's done with all the paperworks, so he's sending them out today...I hope Northern WA is still hiring by the time I'm fully cleared...
          Congrats on completing another step, but what the frig?
          My bi (USIS) said he can't tell me when he is finished.
          I met the bi on april 13 and know they are still workin on it, but it would be nice to know when they are done.

Comment

• Originally posted by AmahastPL View Post
            Day third in IAD – and already first contact with pax! In the afternoon few planes landed in quick succession and wave of people quickly filled the terminal. This job is all about confrontations and service to the public; and from what I’ve seen today some of the members of the public do now shower while travelling. I’ve seen goats that smell better than some of the people I’ve encountered in the terminal today!

We were assigned to help uniformed CBPOs refer passengers to secondary inspection which is separated by what ‘infraction’ one committed (ea. food items present, or baggage inspection, ect.) Seems like most people have problems following painted letters A, B, or C.

Also, I’ve learned that I really enjoy telling people what to do (LOL) and absolutely hate when people touch me for no good reason – somehow people felt compelled to tap me on my shoulder to get attention before asking a question.

I’ve felt bad about some of those guys; many of these people were up and travelling for 24 hours or more, tired like hell, some Russian guy tried to give me a bottle of whiskey which caused him to be referred to secondary only if he could leave immediately (big bottle of Black Label, mind you). I had to explain to him three times that unfortunately he does have to stay in lane and wait like everyone else.

Overall, very interesting day!
            Meh...I don't see anything wrong here.
            You haven't said anything that that any seasoned vet wouldn't have said.

On the other-hand, you're new. It's probably time you learned the #1 lesson in CBP...CYA. What you don't say can't turn about and bite you later.

As far as being sworn goes...That's an argument that goes either way. In many meaningful ways, you are sworn in as a LEO on day one of pre-academy. By policy, you have virtually no meaningful way of exercising any authority or responsibilities...but the bare, essential title is there.

Comment

• Originally posted by JDNoble81 View Post
              This is what getting removed from TSU looks like:

Medical Exam pending You have been sent a letter requesting additional medical information.

Fitness pending A clinic has been assigned for your fitness test. You will be contacted to schedule your examination.

Waiting for the medical survey in the mail and phone call from CHS.
              Haha, oh snap!! I can laugh cuz ive been there bro!! Hang in there and good luck on the stepper again!

Comment

• I just got the Call! I was told I was given the last spot for Montana for the fiscal year and that half of all FLETC classes had been canceled!

I'm happy to get the call, but I'm a little disappointed that I was only given one port option (Raymond). I hadn't even considered that port, as I'd figured I'd probably get at least Sweetgrass. If anybody has any info that they could share about Raymond I would greatly appreciate it!

If I take the spot I'll report for EOD on 6/22 and FLETC will go from July 16th-October 28th.
                CBPO
                GEO-Montana
                TEST- 12/08
                NOR- 1/09 (91 no vet)
                TO-1/09
                Med/Fit- 5/09
                B.I. 3/09
                VBT-3/09
                Quals(GS-7)-3/09
                Referred to TSU-5/22/09
                EOD-6/22/09
                FLETC-7/16/09-10/28/09

Comment

• Wifi is coming to FLETC. Boxes were installed in the hallway at the Taj (187).

I'm not sure when it will be working. I am not sure if it will be free are subscription service.

They said mid june. Only time will tell.

Comment

• Originally posted by merlin436 View Post
                    Meh...I don't see anything wrong here.
                    You haven't said anything that that any seasoned vet wouldn't have said.

On the other-hand, you're new. It's probably time you learned the #1 lesson in CBP...CYA. What you don't say can't turn about and bite you later.

As far as being sworn goes...That's an argument that goes either way. In many meaningful ways, you are sworn in as a LEO on day one of pre-academy. By policy, you have virtually no meaningful way of exercising any authority or responsibilities...but the bare, essential title is there.
                    I'm with Merlin on this one, there has been many a conversation amongst officers about pax stank. People actually fight over fans that can be aimed at the passengers. It's not necessarily their fault, some of them have spent 20+ hours on airplanes without a chance to shower, but it does seem that the ones who's class of admission requires the most writing on the I-94s seem to smell the worst.

However, when you're the new guy/girl there may be sups looking at you to see if you're likely to be a problem employee. If so, this is the best time to get rid of you...before they've sunk a bunch of training money in or you get off probation. I'd be a little careful about what you post on the internet.

Comment

• I just wanna say that its awesome that some people are getting called up so quickly after entering TSU! I see some people wait only a few hours or days and get called! Sometimes it gets me down, ,especially when seeing rumors of freezes and cancelled classes. I just wish I had that luck!
                      Geo Area: SFO/OAK
                      Written: 08/23/08- 92 (87+5)
                      NOR: 09/2008
                      TO: 09/25/08
                      Medical/Physical:10/08,09/09,10/09
                      Drug Test: 11/2008
                      Oral Board: 12/03/08
                      BI: 03/12/2009 (Initiated 10/2008)
                      Qualifications: 03/17/09
                      Referred to TSU:03/19/09

IEA Agent
                      Geo Area: San Francisco County
                      Written:05/26/09
                      T.O.:08/28/09
                      Pre-Employment Forms Sent To DSC: 09/11/09
                      Medical/Fitness:11/02/09
                      Interview:PASSED on 11/16/09

Comment

• My husband is also going for Northern Border WA. His BI just flew back to Texas yesterday. He met with all our friends, neighbors, etc. this past week. We are hoping that by the time things are submitted and OK'd that Northern WA Blaine, Lynden, or Sumas will be hiring again. We live just south of Bellingham and recently bought a house here. Our families are here also.

I know this has probably been asked, but can anyone tell me the process if you have to turn down all your POE choices? For example, reading posts, it seems like Oroville or Pt. Roberts on the Northern border are taking on a couple more positions, but my husband wouldn't be able to accept those as point Roberts would be over 2 1/2 hours from where we live and we aren't going to try and sell our house and move to Eastern WA in this economy. We really need something within commuting distance of where we live. Am I on the right track to hope that the adjuncation process takes long enough for some more openings to appear nearer to us? Would this have anything to do with the fiscal year that has been discussed so much?

Comment

• Originally posted by brave52000 View Post
                          I just got the Call! I was told I was given the last spot for Montana for the fiscal year and that half of all FLETC classes had been canceled!

I'm happy to get the call, but I'm a little disappointed that I was only given one port option (Raymond). I hadn't even considered that port, as I'd figured I'd probably get at least Sweetgrass. If anybody has any info that they could share about Raymond I would greatly appreciate it!

If I take the spot I'll report for EOD on 6/22 and FLETC will go from July 16th-October 28th.
                          Raymond is a nice place. Smaller Port, busy, but not swamped. Traffic is mainly locals and folks going to Canadian Rockies. Kind of pricey to live there, but if you like to hunt and fish it is great. If you don't like to hunt or fish, you may want to take it up, not much else to do there.
                          Life is what happens while you are waiting for something better to come along.

Comment

• Originally posted by mrst View Post
                            My husband is also going for Northern Border WA. His BI just flew back to Texas yesterday. He met with all our friends, neighbors, etc. this past week. We are hoping that by the time things are submitted and OK'd that Northern WA Blaine, Lynden, or Sumas will be hiring again. We live just south of Bellingham and recently bought a house here. Our families are here also.

I know this has probably been asked, but can anyone tell me the process if you have to turn down all your POE choices? For example, reading posts, it seems like Oroville or Pt. Roberts on the Northern border are taking on a couple more positions, but my husband wouldn't be able to accept those as point Roberts would be over 2 1/2 hours from where we live and we aren't going to try and sell our house and move to Eastern WA in this economy. We really need something within commuting distance of where we live. Am I on the right track to hope that the adjuncation process takes long enough for some more openings to appear nearer to us? Would this have anything to do with the fiscal year that has been discussed so much?
                            How much of the process does he have left?

I was up in Blaine a couple of months ago, and they're building a brand new border crossing there that is huge, so I thinking that they'll have openings.

Comment

• To: irishlad2nv – when one becomes a CBPO you get sworn in on your first day (EOD). I don’t care how you look at it – an oath is an oath. After that there is one month of pre-academy training, followed by FLETC, followed by another 3 months of on the job training. So yes, I am a sworn officer, and no, I do not ridicule anyone, please re-read my post carefully.
                              CBPO Timeline
                              Geo: Virginia and D.C. Test: 12/10/08
                              NOR: 12/20/08 (86%) TO: 02/02/09
                              Forms: 02/11/09 VBT: 02/25/09
                              Medical: 03/03/09 Fitness: 03/03/09
                              Drug Test: 03/12/09 Qualifications: 03/26/09
                              BI: 04/09/09 (my B-day gift!)
                              Met with Investigator: 04/15/09 TSU: 04/10/09
                              The Call: 05/01/09 10.30am
                              EOD: 06/01/09 -- Dulles Airport
                              FLETC: 07/01/09 -- Class 957
                              Graduation: 10/14/09

Comment

• Fingers crossed

He has completed all parts of the process, but the background is pending. His BI just met with my husband, me, and all his references and I'd think will be finishing up his report any day now.

I sure am hoping Blaine will be hiring again!!!

How much of the process does he have left?

I was up in Blaine a couple of months ago, and they're building a brand new border crossing there that is huge, so I thinking that they'll have openings.

Comment

MR300x250 Tablet

Collapse

What's Going On

Collapse

There are currently 9458 users online. 326 members and 9132 guests.

Most users ever online was 19,482 at 12:44 PM on 09-29-2011.

Welcome Ad

Collapse
                                Working...
                                X