300x250 Mobile

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by barnaj View Post
    Well i didnt. I brought 2 exact pairs of black new balance. 1 pair to leave in my locker for p.t./d.t. etc, and one to wear around on my free time. Things may have changed since '07 though.
    Oh, haha, sorry, thought you were currently at FLETC, I must not be paying attention.
    Test: 12/8/08
    EOD: June 22, 2009
    Class 960
    FLETC Graduation Date: October 28, 2009

Comment

• I just got word from one of my references that a DHS background investigator spoke with him this morning for my background check. At least I know that is still moving forward.
      CBPO East Texas
      TO: 3/3/09
      Pre-Emp Forms: 3/26/09
      Fitness: 4/6/09 -Passed
      Medical: 4/6/09 -Passed
      VBT: 4/7/09 -Passed
      Quals: (GS-7) 4/10/09 -Verified
      Drug Test: 4/17/09 -Passed
      BI: 8/27/09 -Cleared
      TSU: 8/27/09
      FCRA: 05/19/10
      BI Update: 6/16/10

Comment

• I also found this video on Fox News this morning about CBP Air/Marine:

http://www.foxnews.com/video/index.h...istId=playlist
        CBPO East Texas
        TO: 3/3/09
        Pre-Emp Forms: 3/26/09
        Fitness: 4/6/09 -Passed
        Medical: 4/6/09 -Passed
        VBT: 4/7/09 -Passed
        Quals: (GS-7) 4/10/09 -Verified
        Drug Test: 4/17/09 -Passed
        BI: 8/27/09 -Cleared
        TSU: 8/27/09
        FCRA: 05/19/10
        BI Update: 6/16/10

Comment

• This is what getting removed from TSU looks like:

Medical Exam pending You have been sent a letter requesting additional medical information.

Fitness pending A clinic has been assigned for your fitness test. You will be contacted to schedule your examination.

Waiting for the medical survey in the mail and phone call from CHS.
          ICE IEA Philadelphia FO (Dingmans Ferry, PA)
          Written: 5/15/08
          NOR: 5/20/08
          TO: 10/28/08
          Medical/Drug Test: Cleared from CBP
          Fitness: 2/02/09
          BI: 3/15/09
          OB: 4/24
          EOD: 7/27
          FLETC: 7/29 (Class 928)

CBPO Pennsylvania
          Written: 3/15/08
          NOR: 4/2/08
          TO: 5/22/08
          Pre-Emp Forms: 6/2/08
          Fitness/Medical: 6/18/08
          VBT: 6/30/08
          Drug Test: 7/10/08
          Quals: (GS-7) 7/23/08
          Met w/ BI: 9/24/08
          BI submitted: 10/10/08
          TSU: 4/2/09
          Removed from TSU (med/fit): 6/4
          EOD:

Comment

• Originally posted by Draven27 View Post
            barnaj, whas with the shoes?? Do I really need to bring court shoes AND running shoes?? Please clarify for me. Thanks.
            No you don't need both. But I would suggest bringing two pair of good running shoes. If your there in the summer your sneakers will get nasty quick.

Comment

• Originally posted by AmahastPL View Post
              Day third in IAD – and already first contact with pax! In the afternoon few planes landed in quick succession and wave of people quickly filled the terminal. This job is all about confrontations and service to the public; and from what I’ve seen today some of the members of the public do now shower while travelling. I’ve seen goats that smell better than some of the people I’ve encountered in the terminal today!

We were assigned to help uniformed CBPOs refer passengers to secondary inspection which is separated by what ‘infraction’ one committed (ea. food items present, or baggage inspection, ect.) Seems like most people have problems following painted letters A, B, or C.

Also, I’ve learned that I really enjoy telling people what to do (LOL) and absolutely hate when people touch me for no good reason – somehow people felt compelled to tap me on my shoulder to get attention before asking a question.

I’ve felt bad about some of those guys; many of these people were up and travelling for 24 hours or more, tired like hell, some Russian guy tried to give me a bottle of whiskey which caused him to be referred to secondary only if he could leave immediately (big bottle of Black Label, mind you). I had to explain to him three times that unfortunately he does have to stay in lane and wait like everyone else.

Overall, very interesting day!
              And interesting enough that you would show your profile here as a Sworn LEO when you haven't even been to the academy yet. And then to publicy ridicule passengers on an internet forum.

Good luck if you make it to the Academy.
              "An excuse is worse and more terrible than a lie, for an excuse is a lie guarded."

Comment

• Originally posted by Reapplied View Post
                Even though you are enjoying your time at pre-academy, you seem more happy to come on this forum and talk about passengers/experience...which is not very professional and if it is not me I am sure someone from your port is seeing how you refer to foreign passengers and are reporting you to your port director, chiefs and supervisors. Part of your job is customer service as well as professionalism and as a soon to be officer you should keep those comments silent. Shouldn't you be preparing for FLETC? well just a word of advise there are eyes and ears everywhere.
                Ha ha ha ha ha ha.

Comment

• Originally posted by irishlad2nv View Post
                  And interesting enough that you would show your profile here as a Sworn LEO when you haven't even been to the academy yet. And then to publicy ridicule passengers on an internet forum.

Good luck if you make it to the Academy.
                  +1
                  These hands need your guidance!

Comment

• Originally posted by Draven27 View Post
                    That would be me. Do you want the bad news or good news??

Well, the good news is I GOT THE CALL!!!! Like an hour ago. Choices were Oroville or Point Roberts.........
                    RIGHT ON! Congratulations! Now do me a favor... call them back.. tell them to open positions in Northern New York!!! Thanks!

Comment

• Question answered
                      Last edited by TPA3312; 06-04-2009, 02:47 PM.
                      Luck is where preparation meets opportunity. - Seneca

Comment

• Originally posted by TuffStuffCBP View Post
                        Reffered to TSU 6/2/09!

The earlier message wasn't as scary as it seemed.

I hate to say I told you so. Aww hell, I love saying I told you so!

Comment

• Originally posted by TPA3312 View Post
                          I thought the first day you report for duty at you POE you are sworn in. Is that not correct?
                          You are sworn into Federal service. The same oath is given to every DHS employee. It is not an oath as a Federal Law Enforcement Officer! Until you grad. from the academy, receive your creds, your badge, you are strictly an employee of CBP!
                          "An excuse is worse and more terrible than a lie, for an excuse is a lie guarded."

Comment

• Originally posted by irishlad2nv View Post
                            You are sworn into Federal service. The same oath is given to every DHS employee. It is not an oath as a Federal Law Enforcement Officer! Until you grad. from the academy, receive your creds, your badge, you are strictly an employee of CBP!
                            Thank you for the clarification.
                            Luck is where preparation meets opportunity. - Seneca

Comment

• Originally posted by imlikeaninja View Post
                              I hate to say I told you so. Aww hell, I love saying I told you so!
                              Ha. Yea - I appreciate that. Hopefully I don't rot in TSU. I'm ready to go now! I got my 1.5 down to 13:40. My target is 12:00 or so before I go down there, but that's a stretch.

I'm tired of Insurance. It's ok if there were no other options and it will pay the bills, but I want to work near aircraft and protect people as a Federal dude.
                              CBPO
                              GEO - NY/JFK
                              TEST - 03/08 (NOR: 04/08)

TO - 01/09
                              PE Forms - Completed
                              Fitness - Completed
                              VBT - 03/09 - Completed
                              Drug Screen - Completed
                              Qual - 05/09 - Completed
                              B.I. - 05/09 - Completed
                              Medical - 05/09 - Completed
                              TSU

EOD: ???
                              FLETC: ???

Comment

• Originally posted by seeOH View Post
                                RIGHT ON! Congratulations! Now do me a favor... call them back.. tell them to open positions in Northern New York!!! Thanks!
                                Haha, sorry man, if I had that kinda power, I would open Blaine back up for myself, haha.

Ok, EDIT, I just called to tell him my selection of Point Roberts and he says that Oroville is now gone and two more just opened up at Point Roberts.....for anyone that cares.
                                Last edited by Draven27; 06-04-2009, 03:14 PM.
                                Test: 12/8/08
                                EOD: June 22, 2009
                                Class 960
                                FLETC Graduation Date: October 28, 2009

Comment

MR300x250 Tablet

Collapse

What's Going On

Collapse

There are currently 10994 users online. 368 members and 10626 guests.

Most users ever online was 19,482 at 12:44 PM on 09-29-2011.

Welcome Ad

Collapse
                                Working...
                                X