Collapse

300x250 Mobile

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• If they didn't pass and the last test gets black flagged, what then?

Comment

• Originally posted by nordy racer View Post
      running hasn't been that bad.. we have our final PT class this week, then our final PTE mid next week.. just praying for a black flag for the people that didn't make it on the first time.. the heat is starting to turn up down here.. get ready for it, if your coming in June - Sept time frame..
      It's a sixteen minute mile and a half, isn't it?

If you run a ten minute mile, you'll finish with time to spare.

Comment

• Originally posted by 1806 View Post
        It's a sixteen minute mile and a half, isn't it?

If you run a ten minute mile, you'll finish with time to spare.

It's a 16.5 minute 1.5 until October.

If you normally run a ten minute mile, you'll finish with time to spare only if you don't twist an ankle, wrench a knee, break a toe, or otherwise injure yourself enough to slow yourself down. With a person really hurting and with the best he can put out is a ten minute mile, I'd expect him to be out of the program and out of a job.

Comment

• Originally posted by Sakic View Post
          If they didn't pass and the last test gets black flagged, what then?
          Our final PEB was blag flagged, so we had to run it before class the next morning. Kinda sucked for those who passed the first one, cuz we had to get up and sweated up extra early. But everyone passed so it was cool.

Comment

• Originally posted by Sakic View Post
            Would you please just stop with the BS comments. Please tell me how any of that was unprofessional. Now, if he had taken a can of disinfectant spray and hosed down some smelly people- that might be considered unprofessional.

Like someone else just alluded to- I can already tell that you are a rat. You will drop a dime on a classmate or co-worker in a heartbeat.

"Shouldn't you be preparing for FLETC?" So now he can't post on here because he has too much preparation to worry about?
            As "Tracey Flick" as Reapplied's post seems to be, she has a point. Some people are remarkabley thin-skinned and if they found out that a CBP officer was discussing their body odor on a public forum, it wouldn't go well. The reality is that the internet age has brought a new dimension to discretion. I would not comment AS an officer anything that would embarrass me as an officer if supervisors saw it.

As much as i'd hate to dissuade Amahast from posting his experiences, because I read them with baited breathe in anticipation of the job, for his own sake he would be well served to keep the more passenger critical comments off of a publically accessible forum. Again, the contribution will be sorely missed, but better safe than sorry just in case some vindictive jerk reads this (as we have seen they do). All pains should be taken to keep the job that has taken over a year to get.

Hopefully no offence is taken, I do look forward to your posts Amahast.
            CBPO
            GEO - NY/JFK
            TEST - 03/08 (NOR: 04/08)

TO - 01/09
            PE Forms - Completed
            Fitness - Completed
            VBT - 03/09 - Completed
            Drug Screen - Completed
            Qual - 05/09 - Completed
            B.I. - 05/09 - Completed
            Medical - 05/09 - Completed
            TSU

EOD: ???
            FLETC: ???

Comment

• Originally posted by UofU76 View Post
              In TSU for only a day? Wow. Anyone one else out there waiting for N. Washington? (Oroville, Point Roberts, or Sumas) If so, how long have you been in TSU?

That would be me. Do you want the bad news or good news??

Well, the good news is I GOT THE CALL!!!! Like an hour ago. Choices were Oroville or Point Roberts.

The bad news, and take it as you will, the guy told me that he only had one position left. I asked if he had one position or one PORT left. He said "Oh sorry, I have TWO left. Positions that is." SO I will be deciding and calling him back by tomorrow afternoon and giving him my decision so for those of you waiting for Norther Border, WA, after me, Im figuring there will only be ONE person left to call. He also said Blaine "shut down" with the hiring. Sorry fellas.

EOD on either June 15th or 22nd. So since RobRok took Sumas and I'll most likely be takng Pt Roberts so there will only be Oroville left.

Like I said, take it as you will. It turned out that a previous post telling me that people who get offers here on out wont start the academy til after summer. Good lucky everyone.

Oh, UofU76, to answer your question, I was never notified I was transferred to TSU, but my CASS cleared yesterday so I guess Im in the same boat as RobRok.
              Last edited by Draven27; 06-04-2009, 12:34 PM.
              Test: 12/8/08
              EOD: June 22, 2009
              Class 960
              FLETC Graduation Date: October 28, 2009

Comment

• Cool deal! I was afraid I was getting some BS about Blaine. When do you report to the acadamy?

Comment

• Originally posted by RobRok View Post
                  Cool deal! I was afraid I was getting some BS about Blaine. When do you report to the acadamy?
                  He didnt tell me, he'll probably tell me when I pick my EOD date but he said Id graduate on Oct...28th??

Man, academy in the DEAD HEAT OF SUMMER MAN!!!!
                  Class 960

Comment

• Fletc Books

To anyone who went to FLETC or currently attending FLETC......is there any books I could read in advance to help me before getting into FLETC. Maybe the books you have to read in FLETC for your tests (thats if those books are available at book stores.)

Comment

• Originally posted by SDCBP View Post
                      To anyone who went to FLETC or currently attending FLETC......is there any books I could read in advance to help me before getting into FLETC. Maybe the books you have to read in FLETC for your tests (thats if those books are available at book stores.)
                      Not really. Just wait and see what they tell to focus on in class and take notes off the powerpoints. There is so much info that your gonna almost faint when you see it on your desk the first day! Just take it in stride.

Comment

• barnaj, whas with the shoes?? Do I really need to bring court shoes AND running shoes?? Please clarify for me. Thanks.
                        Class 960

Comment

• I wish I would get the call!!!! Day 74 in TSU. I am so ready to go!!!
                          Geo Area: SFO/OAK
                          Written: 08/23/08- 92 (87+5)
                          NOR: 09/2008
                          TO: 09/25/08
                          Medical/Physical:10/08,09/09,10/09
                          Drug Test: 11/2008
                          Oral Board: 12/03/08
                          BI: 03/12/2009 (Initiated 10/2008)
                          Qualifications: 03/17/09
                          Referred to TSU:03/19/09

IEA Agent
                          Geo Area: San Francisco County
                          Written:05/26/09
                          T.O.:08/28/09
                          Pre-Employment Forms Sent To DSC: 09/11/09
                          Medical/Fitness:11/02/09
                          Interview:PASSED on 11/16/09

Comment

• congrats man.. thanks for the info.
                            CBPO

Comment

• Reffered to TSU 6/2/09!

The earlier message wasn't as scary as it seemed.
                              CBPO
                              GEO - NY/JFK
                              TEST - 03/08 (NOR: 04/08)

TO - 01/09
                              PE Forms - Completed
                              Fitness - Completed
                              VBT - 03/09 - Completed
                              Drug Screen - Completed
                              Qual - 05/09 - Completed
                              B.I. - 05/09 - Completed
                              Medical - 05/09 - Completed
                              TSU

EOD: ???
                              FLETC: ???

Comment

• Originally posted by Draven27 View Post
                                barnaj, whas with the shoes?? Do I really need to bring court shoes AND running shoes?? Please clarify for me. Thanks.
                                Well i didnt. I brought 2 exact pairs of black new balance. 1 pair to leave in my locker for p.t./d.t. etc, and one to wear around on my free time. Things may have changed since '07 though.

Comment

MR300x250 Tablet

Collapse

What's Going On

Collapse

There are currently 12254 users online. 429 members and 11825 guests.

Most users ever online was 19,482 at 12:44 PM on 09-29-2011.

Welcome Ad

Collapse
                                Working...
                                X