300x250 Mobile

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by friedlumpia View Post
    Can anyone give me any idea maybe why I haven't been contacted yet since receiving my test results? I scored a 81(no vet) and tested on 3/3/09 geo pref for southwest border and nothing in the mail yet!!! It's driving me crazy because I know of others who has tested the same time as me and are moving along pretty quick. If anyone can give me any info it would be greatly appreciated..
    Your score isn't high enough. The other people who took the test at the same time as you and are moving along in the process, probably have higher scores and are thus being given TOs first. I got a 92 at the end of February and I have yet to recieve a TO. It also depends on your Geo Preference. Some places like NYC and LA obviously are bigger and need more staff, but there could also be just as many applicants to counteract that.
    BPA EOD - 09/06/10

Comment

• CBPO JA:CBPO 09-03 Vacancy ID # 190623
      GEO - Southeast TX
      Tested-05/04/2009
      NOR-today(6/3/9)
      CBPO Grade 07-scored-93

Comment

• I'll try to keep my progress posted here for whoever's interested.

Comment

• Originally posted by PureLife23 View Post
          how did you do this change? I emailed MHC last week and they told me i couldn't change my GEO preference cause I had a TO
          I did not receive a TO for my original geo preference (Newark). MHC was very coridal in accomodating my request.

Comment

• Originally posted by SavRhiBri View Post
            The wait could be Much longer. I am north of Charlotte and my wait has been going on three years. 91= No T.O.
            I scored a 98 on the test... Hoping that is good enough.

Comment

• Originally posted by TuffStuffCBP View Post
              I recieved this message in my CASS file:

I did a search and see 3 other pages where this notice was brought up on these forums (page 111, 3xx, 4xx), but no definitive answers. I don't like the sound of it - it sounds like a TSU within TSU, a "tentative selection unit for the Tentative selection unit", if you will.

Has anyone recieved this message who is currently employed with CBP?
              I'm not currently employed with CBP, but I received that same message. It was posted I think for almost a week.

For me, it seems like every time I was waiting for something to change in CASS, it did so on a Thursday. If you just got the message, maybe tomorrow, but more like next week, I guessing. Welcome to TSU, kind of.
              Written Test: 3/08
              NOR: 4/08
              TO: 4/08
              Medical: 4/08
              Fitness: 6/08
              VBT: 6/08
              Met with investigator: 10/08
              Received NOPA: 11/08
              Won appeal: 3/09
              TSU: 4/23/09 (Michigan) pulled in May for fitness
              New fitness: 7/28/09
              Back in TSU: 8/3/09

Comment

• Originally posted by Walla183 View Post
                I scored a 98 on the test... Hoping that is good enough.
                Wellll..la-dee-da...way to rub it in. I am just kidding. It does suck though when they have a new announcement and my progress up the list starts over. You have a great score please let me know if you get a T.O.

Comment

• I got an EOD for N. Washington. In TSU for only a day. Scroll about 2 pages back for my timeline. In short I got a TO in August of 08.

Comment

• Originally posted by RobRok View Post
                    I got an EOD for N. Washington. In TSU for only a day. Scroll about 2 pages back for my timeline. In short I got a TO in August of 08.
                    Congrats on being called. It's nice to here calls are still going out.
                    Luck is where preparation meets opportunity. - Seneca

Comment

• Thank you,
                      The man I spoke with did tell me some classes have been canceled.

Comment

I got an EOD for N. Washington. In TSU for only a day. Scroll about 2 pages back for my timeline. In short I got a TO in August of 08.
                        When is your EOD?

Comment

• From what I have seen his EOD is June 22, and was offered Oroville, Point Roberts, or Sumas.
                          Last edited by TPA3312; 06-03-2009, 11:54 PM.
                          Luck is where preparation meets opportunity. - Seneca

Comment

• Day third in IAD – and already first contact with pax! In the afternoon few planes landed in quick succession and wave of people quickly filled the terminal. This job is all about confrontations and service to the public; and from what I’ve seen today some of the members of the public do now shower while travelling. I’ve seen goats that smell better than some of the people I’ve encountered in the terminal today!

We were assigned to help uniformed CBPOs refer passengers to secondary inspection which is separated by what ‘infraction’ one committed (ea. food items present, or baggage inspection, ect.) Seems like most people have problems following painted letters A, B, or C.

Also, I’ve learned that I really enjoy telling people what to do (LOL) and absolutely hate when people touch me for no good reason – somehow people felt compelled to tap me on my shoulder to get attention before asking a question.

I’ve felt bad about some of those guys; many of these people were up and travelling for 24 hours or more, tired like hell, some Russian guy tried to give me a bottle of whiskey which caused him to be referred to secondary only if he could leave immediately (big bottle of Black Label, mind you). I had to explain to him three times that unfortunately he does have to stay in lane and wait like everyone else.

Overall, very interesting day!
                            CBPO Timeline
                            Geo: Virginia and D.C. Test: 12/10/08
                            NOR: 12/20/08 (86%) TO: 02/02/09
                            Forms: 02/11/09 VBT: 02/25/09
                            Medical: 03/03/09 Fitness: 03/03/09
                            Drug Test: 03/12/09 Qualifications: 03/26/09
                            BI: 04/09/09 (my B-day gift!)
                            Met with Investigator: 04/15/09 TSU: 04/10/09
                            The Call: 05/01/09 10.30am
                            EOD: 06/01/09 -- Dulles Airport
                            FLETC: 07/01/09 -- Class 957
                            Graduation: 10/14/09

Comment

• Originally posted by TPA3312 View Post
                              From what I have seen his EOD is June 22, and was offered Oroville, Point Roberts, or Sumas.
                              I was having a celebratory dinner with my wife in one of our favorite resturaunts. But you are correct. I was offered those three ports. I was upset that Blaine was not on the table. Then I realized Sumas is not that far. In fact I may live in the same place I would had they offered me Blaine. I also had a choice to EOD on the 15th of June.

Comment

In TSU for only a day? Wow. Anyone one else out there waiting for N. Washington? (Oroville, Point Roberts, or Sumas) If so, how long have you been in TSU?
                                Last edited by UofU76; 06-04-2009, 12:59 AM.

Comment

MR300x250 Tablet

Collapse

What's Going On

Collapse

There are currently 9536 users online. 470 members and 9066 guests.

Most users ever online was 19,482 at 12:44 PM on 09-29-2011.

Welcome Ad

Collapse
                                Working...
                                X